MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #7

before they left his house; he strangled them with nooses, which LE has in evidence.

Quote RSBM. And I struggle to read and copy this quote.

Should there have been forensic evidence both on the nooses and in his house? Blood, other body fluids? What's the story there? I am not saying I doubt your opinion. Just wondering why wasn't there enough to charge him especially if they have the murder weapons. Did they properly forensically investigate?
Apologies if this has all been discussed.

ETA: thank goodness he was denied parole.

Quote RSBM. And I struggle to read and copy this quote.

Should there have been forensic evidence both on the nooses and in his house? Blood, other body fluids? What's the story there? I am not saying I doubt your opinion. Just wondering why wasn't there enough to charge him especially if they have the murder weapons. Did they properly forensically investigate?
Apologies if this has all been discussed.

ETA: thank goodness he was denied parole.
LE hasn't released any information about forensic evidence found on the noose or nooses.

This article states that police vowed to pursue murder charges. The article was from way back in 2011, so even then the police already knew that Skelton had murdered the boys. Skelton apparently used quite a bit of bleach to clean up and destroy evidence, so there may not have been any DNA found.
John Skelton Sentenced 10-15 Years in Prison

I agree that the boys are in a landfill.

This piece of human waste would do anything to hurt the boys mother.
He even cut the cords to all the appliances in the home so that she couldn't
sell or use them. He trashed the house and he trashed the boys.

Not because he didn't love them, but because their mother did not love him.

All IMO.

Attachments

• 091620.JohnSkelton.JPG
    091620.JohnSkelton.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 23
Thankyou for the update. I didn't know this. My God he's a monster. He must have known the dumpster pickup schedule. What landfill would they have been taken to? There has got to be a way to find them. Drones with ways to splice layers and video to the bottom, layer by layer. I wish I was capable of inventing the technology to do that. I wonder if scientists who study earthquakes would have any kind of technology to disect a landfill. Like they do with MRI's and ultrasounds at hospitals. This guy is the worst kind of evil. Thanks again. Sorry it took so long to reply.

Thankyou for the update. I didn't know this. My God he's a monster. He must have known the dumpster pickup schedule. What landfill would they have been taken to? There has got to be a way to find them. Drones with ways to splice layers and video to the bottom, layer by layer. I wish I was capable of inventing the technology to do that. I wonder if scientists who study earthquakes would have any kind of technology to disect a landfill. Like they do with MRI's and ultrasounds at hospitals. This guy is the worst kind of evil. Thanks again. Sorry it took so long to reply.
It's possible to find victims in a landfill, but it's difficult. LE would have to know what dumpster the boys were put in. In the case of Rosendo Rodriguez, the suitcase killer, landfill workers found one of his victims by chance, and Rodriguez then admitted to killing another girl, stuffing her into a suitcase, and tossing the suitcase in a dumpster. They found that victim two years after the murder. It took a crew of 25 to 50 people searching every day for two months, digging down about thirty feet and sifting the rubbish.
Body found is believed to be Joanna Rogers
In this case, the time to do a landfill search would have been back in December of 2010 or at least in 2011. Finding the boys would be a Herculean task now.

It's possible to find victims in a landfill, but it's difficult. LE would have to know what dumpster the boys were put in. In the case of Rosendo Rodriguez, the suitcase killer, landfill workers found one of his victims by chance, and Rodriguez then admitted to killing another girl, stuffing her into a suitcase, and tossing the suitcase in a dumpster. They found that victim two years after the murder. It took a crew of 25 to 50 people searching every day for two months, digging down about thirty feet and sifting the rubbish.
Body found is believed to be Joanna Rogers
In this case, the time to do a landfill search would have been back in December of 2010 or at least in 2011. Finding the boys would be a Herculean task now.

Sometimes even when they know where the dumpster came from and where it should be in the landfill, finding the body never happens.
I remember Jhessye Shockley in Glendale AZ, never found.
It was less than 4 months to the landfill search. Police knew when she was put into the dumpster, the specific truck, the transfer station, the specific 2nd truck,
the specific location in the landfill.

I don't know about other places, but we don't use landfills much anymore for waste disposal. In my state, I believe the majority of it is either picked up curbside and taken to a transfer station, or directly taken to the transfer station by the resident if they don't have curbside garbage pickup (my town). From the transfer station it is loaded up and taken to this huge waste disposal plant where it is incinerated. So unless remains were spotted coming out of the truck when it was emptied or when the trash was loaded into the furnace, they'd never be discovered.

Last edited:
I don't know about other places, but we don't use landfills much anymore for waste disposal. In my state, I believe the majority of it is either picked up curbside and taken to a transfer station, or directly taken to the transfer station by the resident if they don't have curbside garbage pickup (my town). From the transfer station it is loaded up and taken to this huge waste disposal plant where it is incinerated. So unless remains were spotted coming out of the truck when it was emptied or when the trash was loaded into the furnace, they'd never be discovered.
I guess we'd have to look in to the area in Ohio that Skelton visited and find out where the contents of dumpsters was disposed of back in 2010.
Here in Michigan, there was a large trash incinerator in Detroit, but it was shut down last year.
Updated: Detroit's garbage incinerator is about to belch its final cloud of toxic gas
I don't know whether any trash from Ohio made it there, but I doubt it.
There was another incinerator in Ypsilanti that was shut down more than ten years ago.
I think that most if not all of the trash in SE Michigan now ends up in landfills.

10 years gone: Questions about the Skelton brothers' disappearance endure | wtol.com

Toledo news, weather, traffic and sports | Toledo, Ohio, | wtol.com | wtol.com

This week marks 10 years since the disappearance of three brothers from our area.
Tanner, Alexander and Andrew Skelton would be 15, 17 and 19 years old now.
He's never been charged with killing the boys, but police believe their father, John did something terrible to them back in 2010.
And he could get out of prison soon, taking with him, a piece to a puzzle that may never be solved.
"I never thought we would still be sitting here at 10 years," their mother Tanya Zuvers said. "I thought this would be resolved by now, but here we are.”

I thought the police found three deceased children in a shed in Montana and the last I heard they were awaiting the results of forensics.

I thought the police found three deceased children in a shed in Montana and the last I heard they were awaiting the results of forensics.
The bones found in the shed were not connected to these boys. I believe that the bones were determined to be old specimens belonging to a professor or researcher and were not connected to any crime.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back