Identified! Santa Ana, Human Remains Unearthed, 9/16/2020 Bones have been there some time - Native American

insearchoflight

Reaction score
Contractors uncovered human bones six feet underground while digging a trench at the future site of a streetcar maintenance yard in Santa Ana on Wednesday, Sept. 16.

An archaeologist and Orange County Coroner’s officials later confirmed that the remains belonged to a human, Bertagna said. The bones appeared to have been underground for quite some time, and officials do not believe there is any threat to the community.

Crews uncover human remains while working on OC Streetcar project in Santa Ana – Orange County Register

Attachments

• E854CEB8-5A76-4983-851E-254ECE785646.jpeg
    E854CEB8-5A76-4983-851E-254ECE785646.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 13
Hopefully will hear some news soon! At least at minimal a determination whether it was M or F would help some. Their are so many reported MP's that could apply to this UID until a better determination is provided in gender and time frame of PMI.

Hopefully will hear some news soon! At least at minimal a determination whether it was M or F would help some. Their are so many reported MP's that could apply to this UID until a better determination is provided in gender and time frame of PMI.
Yes, that’s true. I was wondering that since this was a residential area long ago, maybe someone associated with that address went missing. Or after it was a residential area, it was a recycling yard... could it have been a dumping area? Just speculating now until we have more information. Hopefully it can bring answers to someone.

The optimism in me hopes that these remains might be the key to solving a cold case

7 year old Charles Christopher Francis went missing from Santa Ana in 1979. There's no guarantee this might be him but I'm hoping his family might be able to receive a bit of closure.

Charles Christopher Francis – The Charley Project

Keep us updated. There's a chance these remains might just be native american burials and there's nothing really to investigate here.

The optimism in me hopes that these remains might be the key to solving a cold case

7 year old Charles Christopher Francis went missing from Santa Ana in 1979. There's no guarantee this might be him but I'm hoping his family might be able to receive a bit of closure.

Charles Christopher Francis – The Charley Project

Keep us updated. There's a chance these remains might just be native american burials and there's nothing really to investigate here.
It’s 3.5 miles from where Christopher went missing to the location of the remains, see attached map.

Suspect in Christopher’s case is child killer James Crummel. Is he associated with the address of the remains?

Attachments

• E2890632-263F-4594-8845-60D102C144BF.png
    E2890632-263F-4594-8845-60D102C144BF.png
    552.8 KB · Views: 8

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members