FL FL - Miami-Dade Co, UnkRace Skeletal Child, 2-6 years old, Golden Beach, 18 Nov 2019

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP62277
ME/C Case Number 2019-3526

Sex: Unsure
Race / Ethnicity: Uncertain

Estimated Age Group: Pre Adolescent
Estimated Age Range (Years) 2-6

Height Cannot Estimate
Weight Cannot Estimate

Date Body Found November 18, 2019
Location Found Golden Beach, Florida

Circumstances
Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found November 18, 2019
NamUs Case Created December 5, 2019

Location Found Map
Location Golden Beach, Florida 33160
Miami-Dade County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Circumstances of Recovery
Skeletal remains found on the beach.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of Remains --
Condition of Remains
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

:(

NAMUS currently lists 47 children age 6 and under that are missing from the state of Florida. They range from the most recent case in 2018 all the way back to 1967. There are 10 missing from Miami-Dade County. It's overwhelming to even begin to search for matches without more info such as gender. But to start out, here are the 10 children missing from Miami-Dade County and their WS threads:

Briana Pereira
FL - FL - Briana, 3, Roselyn, 11 & Lester Pereira Jr, 13, Hialeah, 25 Jan 2017

Angela Dufrene
FL - FL - Angela Marjorie Dufrene, 2, Miami, November 2015

Michael Alexander Reyes
FL - FL - Michael Alexander Reyes, 1, Miami, 31 Aug 2008

Ashlynn Maio*
FL - FL/AL - Ashlynn Maio, 5 years old, Miami/Dothan, 5 Apr 2008

Serina Victoria Clark
FL - FL - Serina Victoria Clark, 1, Miami, 14 March 2007

Jarkeius Adside
FL - Jarkeius Adside, 1, Miami, 18 October 2001

Rilya Shenise Wilson
GUILTY - FL - Rilya Wilson, 5, Miami, 18 Jan 2001

Vivian Aileen Trout
FL - FL - Vivian Aileen Trout, 2, Miami Beach, 6 Apr 1997

Alicia Guzman Padilla
FL - FL - Alicia Guzman Padilla, 3, Miami, Jan 1985

Ronald Lamont Boykin
FL - FL - Ronald Lamont Boykin, 6 weeks Old, Taken by Woman Posing as a Nurse, Miami, 6 June 1967

*Ashlynn may not be missing anymore OR may not fit the age range-- see her thread for details.

Last edited:
Now in Namus as #UP64049 with revised age range of 3 - 5 years
www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/64049

Oh my, it seems there are two cases:
#64049 says 3-5 years: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
#62277 says 2-6 years: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Does this mean they found remains of 2 children? or did they make 2 NAMUS case numbers because they aren't sure yet if bones found in different places on the beach are from the same child? :(

#64049 says 3-5 years: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
#62277 says 2-6 years: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Does this mean they found remains of 2 children? or did they make 2 NAMUS case numbers because they aren't sure yet if bones found in different places on the beach are from the same child? :(

Same ME case number in Namus, I'm guessing someone couldn't find the previous case to edit the age estimate? Or maybe didn't know there was an existing one. They have the same Namus contact, surely she will realise?

I get a not found error when clicking on #64049 so they must have erased this one. Still so little info for such a recent find. No clothing listed, nothing. Very sad.

One of you brave WS souls want to reach out to the ME? While it's fresh on the ME's mind we may get lucky and be offered more information to work with to filter out UID cases AND many WSers have been here many years & researched cases/ UIDs/ Missing people for years- you never know who is holding a little gem of knowledge that's NOT in NAMUS that was once there or on another missing website, or on message boards that LE doesn't always make use of b/c of time/funding restraints.

Bumping up case. I hope it's being worked-on.
We don't even know if they have a DNA profile, do we? Maybe someone can check for Rule-outs.

What else can we do for this child?

The lack of both information and media coverage is surprising. I couldn't find nor do I remember any local news coverage about this. It would be nice to know what bones were found, how were they found, can their age be estimated etc. Could these be ancient remains? So many questions...

I’ve been thinking about the location Golden Beach. It’s south of Ft Lauderdale. Looking on the map, there are many bodies of water there, in addition to the ocean. If we had a more precise location, we maybe could pinpoint where the remains originated from.

Did they flow in from a tributary? Flood up onto a pond or canal bank? Slosh in at the edge of the surf?

They were skeletal, so the ocean would take a heavy toll on a child’s skeleton. It seems odd to me that a child size skeleton would remain intact long enough to make it to shore.

Attachments

• D1259E5F-5F67-4882-8FE2-D39E0447D75F.jpeg
    D1259E5F-5F67-4882-8FE2-D39E0447D75F.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 2
I’ve been thinking about the location Golden Beach. It’s south of Ft Lauderdale. Looking on the map, there are many bodies of water there, in addition to the ocean. If we had a more precise location, we maybe could pinpoint where the remains originated from.

Did they flow in from a tributary? Flood up onto a pond or canal bank? Slosh in at the edge of the surf?

They were skeletal, so the ocean would take a heavy toll on a child’s skeleton. It seems odd to me that a child size skeleton would remain intact long enough to make it to shore.

All good questions!

The NAMUS link says 'partial skeletal' so I assume it wasn't complete - sometimes that can be a single bone or even just part of one.

It could be a Haitian or Cuban migrant who drowned at sea long ago with others trying to reach the shores of South Florida. Unfortunately, this happens sometimes and there would be no way of knowing the particulars.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back