CA CA - Haifaa Mohamad Assad, 24, Stockton, May 2000

Murkywaters

Reaction score
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Haifaa Assad disappeared from Stockton, CA on sometime between May 1, 2000 and March 18, 2001. Stockton police discovered Haifaa was missing in 2007 after investigating another case.

Haifaa Mohamad Assad – The Charley Project

haifaa_mohamad_assad_1.jpg

• Missing Since 05/01/2000
  • Missing From Stockton, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Asian
  • Date of Birth 02/13/1976 (44)
  • Age 24 - 25 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'8, 145 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Asian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Assad is of Syrian descent. Her ears are pierced in the lobes. She may use the name Haifae Nassen.
Details of Disappearance
Assad was last seen in Stockton, California sometime between May 1, 2000 and March 18, 2001. She was never reported missing; authorities didn't realize she'd disappeared until 2007, when they uncovered this information while investigating another case. She is considered missing under suspicious circumstances, but very little information is available regarding her disappearance.

Anyone happen to find any information on this case? I am very very curious as to what other case they were investigating when they found out she was missing..

Anyone happen to find any information on this case? I am very very curious as to what other case they were investigating when they found out she was missing..

I'm also very curious about the circumstances of Haifaa's disappearance. I wonder why she wasn't reported missing for 7 years and what exactly the police were investigating when Haifaa's absence was finally noticed. I'm sure she has family or friends somewhere who miss her.

I'm also very curious about the circumstances of Haifaa's disappearance. I wonder why she wasn't reported missing for 7 years and what exactly the police were investigating when Haifaa's absence was finally noticed. I'm sure she has family or friends somewhere who miss her.
I can't find much when I search... seeing as she is Muslim and this was before 9/11 one has to wonder.

Can any sleuthers find anything on what possible cases LE was investigating that made then realize Haifaa was missing?

If the link I provided is the same family, the children might have known but not been able to say anything out of the fear and control in that household....

I was briefly able to access the article via reading mode. To quote the article:

Van Vuren said she does not know the whereabouts of the children's mother.

Sounds like this is definitely the case they were investigating that alerted them to her disappearance. This guy is a monster. I hope his children come forward with what they know someday...

If my math is correct, she would have been 18 when she gave birth to the victim in the child abuse case. It seems to fit.

If my math is correct, she would have been 18 when she gave birth to the victim in the child abuse case. It seems to fit.
It was heartbreaking reading the article and reading the victim stating he deserved it. If the children believe what happened to Haifaa was also justified then they might never come forward.

It was heartbreaking reading the article and reading the victim stating he deserved it. If the children believe what happened to Haifaa was also justified then they might never come forward.
Her children must have all been very young when she disappeared too.

Her children must have all been very young when she disappeared too.
Her daughters look a lot like her. I hope they spoke to police about what they think happened to their mom.

Sadly, as per their socials they are still quite close with their father who is the likely suspect of their mother's disappearance.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back