FL FL - 'Fort Myers 8' (1 now UID) WhtMales Buried in Woods, Mar'07

I looked at Phillip too, and it was a toss up between this one (Phillip had fractured both wrists previously and UID showed a previously fractured right wrist) and this one (tall, possibly a muscular build). Although neither jumped out at me, the circumstances certainly fit. The recons have different features, but they’re all starting to look alike to me. :confused:
I guess that one's a possibility, too. I didn't realize that the height range went all the way up to 6'1". (5'6" to 6'1" seems like an awfully big range to me.)
I don't really think Koss looks much like any of the reconstructions, and I think he looks a little too thin and delicate to be Carnahan's usual type, so I personally doubt he's one of the John Does. I also don't see how his car would have made it to Sarasota if he was killed in Ft. Myers. I think that Carnahan surely used his own car to travel.

It is difficult to connect some of these to Conahan due to the dates. There had been rumors of Naples Police officer named Steve Calkins being involved. I am having problems finding much info on him. Two men end up missing after being in his car, Felipe Santos Oct 2003, and Terrance Williams in Jan 2004. I don’t think their bodies were ever found. If it weren’t for Terrance’s family, we wouldn’t have heard of him. They are still trying to get justice. He was a cop as early as 1997. He lost his job and moved to Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The Fort Myers 8 is so sad. Most of the people in this county do not know of this crime.
The known victims of FM8 had minor records and would have gotten into a police vehicle, as they had done before.

It is difficult to connect some of these to Conahan due to the dates. There had been rumors of Naples Police officer named Steve Calkins being involved. I am having problems finding much info on him. Two men end up missing after being in his car, Felipe Santos Oct 2003, and Terrance Williams in Jan 2004. I don’t think their bodies were ever found. If it weren’t for Terrance’s family, we wouldn’t have heard of him. They are still trying to get justice. He was a cop as early as 1997. He lost his job and moved to Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The Fort Myers 8 is so sad. Most of the people in this county do not know of this crime.
The known victims of FM8 had minor records and would have gotten into a police vehicle, as they had done before.
I'm not sure what you mean about the dates. The three who have been identified all disappeared in 1995, when Carnahan was active. For all we know all 8 may have been murdered in '95.
If Calkins joined the force in '97, he couldn't have had the three known victims in his cop car.
Also, the dump site is less than a mile from where Carnahan tried to murder his one victim who survived.

I'm not sure what you mean about the dates. The three who have been identified all disappeared in 1995, when Carnahan was active. For all we know all 8 may have been murdered in '95.
If Calkins joined the force in '97, he couldn't have had the three known victims in his cop car.
Also, the dump site is less than a mile from where Carnahan tried to murder his one victim who survived.

I had heard estimates of the dates were between 1987-2001 for the FM8. I have since found Calkins was actually on the force , according to a letter from Calkins in his file, states in 2004, he had been on the force 17 years. (Started in about 1987). In 1997 a young man reported he was chased by Calkins and felt he was going to kill him. He would have to find a new dump site for his victims since Williams and Santos have yet to be found. We are not that far from the Everglades, especially in Collier County. The news would make this appear to be a racist cop, killing blacks and Hispanics. If you consider it trying to kill “undesirables/ drifters”, which is common, he may have thought the same for both of these men as well as the FM8. Santos was an illegal alien and Williams had recently moved from TN (I believe). It is worth consideration.

I had heard estimates of the dates were between 1987-2001 for the FM8. I have since found Calkins was actually on the force , according to a letter from Calkins in his file, states in 2004, he had been on the force 17 years. (Started in about 1987). In 1997 a young man reported he was chased by Calkins and felt he was going to kill him. He would have to find a new dump site for his victims since Williams and Santos have yet to be found. We are not that far from the Everglades, especially in Collier County. The news would make this appear to be a racist cop, killing blacks and Hispanics. If you consider it trying to kill “undesirables/ drifters”, which is common, he may have thought the same for both of these men as well as the FM8. Santos was an illegal alien and Williams had recently moved from TN (I believe). It is worth consideration.
It's certainly possible, but the age range on the skeletons was simply based on the fact that decomposition made it impossible to pinpoint a postmortem interval any more accurately than that. They don't know for certain that any of the men were killed after 1995. They won't know that unless more of the bodies are identified.

I'm curious about Vincent Jurus for UP7645.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Vincent Bernard Jurus – The Charley Project

Vincent appears to have been living a transient lifestyle and was last seen in Ft Myers in May 2000. It's hard to tell if he was actually seen on May 1, 2000 or if that's just when they suspect he went missing. His NAMUS entry says "He was last seen in Ft. Myers Beach, Florida 5 or more months ago."
His NAMUS entry also says he had "bad teeth". Vincent's life seems consistent with someone who had dental care a long time ago, but not recently (UP7645 had old fillings but poor dental condition). Vincent was reported to be 5'9" and UP7645 was 5'0"-5'7", so not an exact match, but not a crazy difference.

I can't find anywhere if DNA is available for him to know whether he would have been automatically compared.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned Bradley Williams of Tampa, FL in this thread as a possibly match to John Doe G. I noticed similarities in their appearances and tried to submit it to Doe Network. I got an email back saying Bradley Williams has already been submitting as a PM.
Just thought I'd let you all know.
Bradley Williams isn't on the rule out list, yet. I guess they are still working to compare DNA or get DNA. I'm not sure.
In case anyone comes across Bradley Williams, just know he's already been submitted.

Attachments

• bradleywilliams.jpg
    bradleywilliams.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 19
  • FortMyers8G.jpg
    FortMyers8G.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned Bradley Williams of Tampa, FL in this thread as a possibly match to John Doe G. I noticed similarities in their appearances and tried to submit it to Doe Network. I got an email back saying Bradley Williams has already been submitting as a PM.
Just thought I'd let you all know.
Bradley Williams isn't on the rule out list, yet. I guess they are still working to compare DNA or get DNA. I'm not sure.
In case anyone comes across Bradley Williams, just know he's already been submitted.
That's quite a likeness, I'm glad he's being looked at!

Lonnie Michael Rodriguez, missing since 4/14/1998 from Tampa. 31yo, 5’ 7”, 125 lbs. There isn’t a lot of info on him. I thought he appeared to have an overbite like skull “A” , was Hispanic (by name - description says Caucasian) and the height fits.
He had just been released from jail For a minor offense, when he called his family in Louisiana. It was understood he would be returning to LA, but was never heard from again.

Attachments

• 9C76A59A-9A0B-4983-ADE6-D9FEFCE5D54F.jpeg
    9C76A59A-9A0B-4983-ADE6-D9FEFCE5D54F.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 10
Lonnie Michael Rodriguez, missing since 4/14/1998 from Tampa. 31yo, 5’ 7”, 125 lbs. There isn’t a lot of info on him. I thought he appeared to have an overbite like skull “A” , was Hispanic (by name - description says Caucasian) and the height fits.
He had just been released from jail For a minor offense, when he called his family in Louisiana. It was understood he would be returning to LA, but was never heard from again.
I just noticed that Lonnie was ruled out already according to the list provided earlier in this thread.

Cohler was living with his grandparents in Port Charlotte around the time of his disappearance in 1995. An aunt, Karen Cohler, reported Erik Cohler missing to Charlotte County sheriff's officials in 1999. She told deputies that he had left his grandparents' home sometime in 1995 and had not been heard from since.

Erik Cohler had a history of minor run-ins with the law and, according to experts, it is not uncommon for adult missing persons to go unreported.

Blevins, for example, was not reported missing until media reports of the skeletons came out this year.

This is an older article I don’t know if it has been posted on this thread. I just thought about how many of these guys have not been reported missing.

I also thought about how many Missing guys from that time period in Florida could of been victims of Conahan yet there bodies have never been found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280
Back