Windsor Hum?

~n/t~

Reaction score
Any locals ? What does the hum sound like? Never heard of this until now.

A seismographic study by Natural Resources Canada has identified Zug Island on the U.S. side of the river as the likely source of the noise pollution, but talks between Canadian and American authorities have failed to resolve the matter.

U.S. Steel re-opened a mill on Zug Island about the time the hum became bothersome to Windsor residents, but has not taken responsibility for the hum, which at times rattles homes.

Now the federal Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade is stepping up with funding for an acoustic study in an effort to further pinpoint the source of the sound vibration.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-study-mysterious-windsor-hum/article7619273/

What's Humming Across The River? Canada Spends $60,000 To Find Odd Noise Source

If the topic were economic development, leaders and residents would gladly say Windsor is humming.

But it's not a good thing when that word describes a mysterious sound that's been an annoyance for nearly two years.

Now Canada will pay researchers to track the odd vibrations, Beatrice Fantoni reports in The Windsor Star

http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/arti...canada_spends_60_000_to_find_odd_noise_source

i don't know if i ever heard it... lived south of downtown windsor for 18 months until last summer. friends in lasalle complained endlessly about it. i never heard anything strange when i was at their houses...

Apparently , it is also the BC hum..
Cracking the Mystery of the ‘Worldwide Hum’
''Cracking the Mystery of the ‘Worldwide Hum’
Shortly after Glen MacPherson started hearing a strange humming noise, he created the World Hum and Database Project so people around the world could document their own experiences.''

''In the spring of 2012, when I was living near the coastal village of Sechelt, on British Columbia’s picturesque Sunshine Coast, I began hearing a humming sound, which I thought were float planes.

The noise usually started later at night, between 10 and 11 p.m. My first clue that something unusual was happening came with the realization that the sound didn’t fade away, like plane noises typically do.''

''I eventually came across one of the few serious papers on the topic. It was written in 2004 by geoscientist David Deming (who’s also a Hum hearer).

Deming began by describing the standard history: The Hum was first documented in the late 1960s, around Bristol, England. It first appeared in the United States in the late 1980s, in Taos, New Mexico.

He then examined the competing hypotheses for the source of the Hum. Many have pointed to the electric grid or cellphone towers. But this theory is dismissed on two grounds: cellphones didn’t exist in the 1960s, and the frequency emitted by both cell towers and the electric grid can be easily blocked by metal enclosures.''

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back