Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q as a result of James being found,how far from his holiday home was he? and how wide was the search for William from Grandmas house..would anyone have this info at all ?

James was found by his grandfather just after 7pm this evening in dense bushland around one kilometre away from where he was last seen.
Missing three year old found safe in Yallingup after twelve hour ordeal

Keeping in mind that James had been missing for 11½ to 12 hours when he was found. Went missing at 7:30am, was found just after 7pm. Lost in very dense bushland, similar to FGM's environment (except I heard nothing about lantana in James' case).

IIRC the search for William was initially in a 3km area.

ETA: Superintendent Fehon said the search operation had expanded to a 3km radius from William's grandmother's house, after the area within a 1.5km radius was thoroughly searched on Monday.
Missing William Tyrell, 3, 'picked up by a car' police now believe | Daily Mail Online
18 September 2014

Last edited:
I hope the cops didn’t assume the same when they searched for William.

But after failing to locate the boy, crews turned their attention south, where the thick scrub and rough terrain carries on downhill.

The decision was made based on experiences from past searches.

Police said typically, when a child got lost in the bush, they tend to find shelter, hide, or walk downhill.

But Jimmy seemed to favour the path less travelled, picking an uphill climb over what would have surely been an easier trek.

https://thewest.com.au/news/disaste...y-son-before-miracle-sw-rescue-ng-b881671573z

I hope the cops didn’t assume the same when they searched for William.

But after failing to locate the boy, crews turned their attention south, where the thick scrub and rough terrain carries on downhill.

The decision was made based on experiences from past searches.

Police said typically, when a child got lost in the bush, they tend to find shelter, hide, or walk downhill.

But Jimmy seemed to favour the path less travelled, picking an uphill climb over what would have surely been an easier trek.

https://thewest.com.au/news/disaste...y-son-before-miracle-sw-rescue-ng-b881671573z

"I went uphill by myself looking for him," Mr Savage told news.com.au.
"I've gone up thinking he's around here.
"We thought, he's just run off somewhere, which is a natural thing and hopeful thing to do.
"There's a track up through the bush. I walk up to there nearly every day."
The day William Tyrrell vanished

"I went uphill by myself looking for him," Mr Savage told news.com.au.
"I've gone up thinking he's around here.
"We thought, he's just run off somewhere, which is a natural thing and hopeful thing to do.
"There's a track up through the bush. I walk up to there nearly every day."
The day William Tyrrell vanished

I recall the same was assumed about William saying children run down hill.

“Police said typically, when a child got lost in the bush, they tend to find shelter, hide, or walk downhill.”

I shudder to think William did go uphill, got lost and hid and possibly went to sleep like little Jimmy.

Q as a result of James being found,how far from his holiday home was he? and how wide was the search for William from Grandmas house..would anyone have this info at all ?

James was found by his grandfather just after 7pm this evening in dense bushland around one kilometre away from where he was last seen.
Missing three year old found safe in Yallingup after twelve hour ordeal

Keeping in mind that James had been missing for 11½ to 12 hours when he was found. Went missing at 7:30am, was found just after 7pm. Lost in very dense bushland, similar to FGM's environment (except I heard nothing about lantana in James' case).

IIRC the search for William was initially in a 3km area.

ETA: Superintendent Fehon said the search operation had expanded to a 3km radius from William's grandmother's house, after the area within a 1.5km radius was thoroughly searched on Monday.
Missing William Tyrell, 3, 'picked up by a car' police now believe | Daily Mail Online
18 September 2014.

It says the search for William was within a 1.5km radius, but on the Monday.. which was 3 days after W disappeared. I wonder how far searchers went within the first 12 or so hours??

It says the search for William was within a 1.5km radius, but on the Monday.. which was 3 days after W disappeared. I wonder how far searchers went within the first 12 or so hours??
I just hope the search was super thorough and again so when they researched. Which I am sure it was, but I always think what if he simply just did get lost in the dense bush and just was not found :(

I recall the same was assumed about William saying children run down hill.

“Police said typically, when a child got lost in the bush, they tend to find shelter, hide, or walk downhill.”

I shudder to think William did go uphill, got lost and hid and possibly went to sleep like little Jimmy.

i wish theyd do another thorough search now with dogs, within 1km on the uphill areas, just to be 100% sure he didnt wander up hill and was missed, he was so tiny and had asthma, he could have just gone to sleep

I just hope the search was super thorough and again so when they researched. Which I am sure it was, but I always think what if he simply just did get lost in the dense bush and just was not found :(
Yes there is always that little voice, that says what if he did simply go missing, when I remember the little NZ girl who was only found after they put cameras down a manhole.
If William’s body is never found, I dont think I could find anyone guilty of the crime, if I was on the jury.

When William first went missing, my thoughts were maybe he crossed the road and somehow made it to the river, but evidently that wasnt possible, yet. I do re all divers searching river at some point.

i wish theyd do another thorough search now with dogs, within 1km on the uphill areas, just to be 100% sure he didnt wander up hill and was missed, he was so tiny and had asthma, he could have just gone to sleep
Perhaps that scenario was at least part of the coroner's reason for ordering that search back in August (July?) 2018 starting back at Benaroon Drive?

I always remember many years ago when I was about 9 or 10, 2 brothers who lived across the road from me when missing in the middle of the day while playing outside. Children on the street had said they witnessed a car pick them up and so many other witness accounts. Weeks went by and everyone then believed they had been kidnapped. They brought the dogs back to their home and searched the property and found them in the backyard of their own home. A type of sink hole had opened in their backyard and swallowed them whole. It was so horrific. But it just also shows how through witness accounts etc things can be led off track.
Not saying that is what happened to WT as there were no apparent witnesses but it does show that the missing child or children could be right there close by and they may have been missed the first, second, third time.

IMOO

If they do find William out there now - after this much time has passed - there probably won't be any way to tell if he got lost and fell asleep, or if he was dumped/left there by an attacker. (Other than the fact that they seem to have mapped out exactly where they have already searched.)

Unless some dna is still clinging to any clothing remnants, dna belonging to someone who should not have had any access to little William that morning. If that person's dna profile is on file somewhere.

IMO

I always remember many years ago when I was about 9 or 10, 2 brothers who lived across the road from me when missing in the middle of the day while playing outside. Children on the street had said they witnessed a car pick them up and so many other witness accounts. Weeks went by and everyone then believed they had been kidnapped. They brought the dogs back to their home and searched the property and found them in the backyard of their own home. A type of sink hole had opened in their backyard and swallowed them whole. It was so horrific. But it just also shows how through witness accounts etc things can be led off track.
Not saying that is what happened to WT as there were no apparent witnesses but it does show that the missing child or children could be right there close by and they may have been missed the first, second, third time.

IMOO
Yes that is similar to what happened to the little NZ girl.Here is an article about her inquest.
At one stage the major “suspect” was an asian woman with a dog.

If they do find William out there now - after this much time has passed - there probably won't be any way to tell if he got lost and fell asleep, or if he was dumped/left there by an attacker. (Other than the fact that they seem to have mapped out exactly where they have already searched.)

Unless some dna is still clinging to any clothing remnants, dna belonging to someone who should not have had any access to little William that morning. If that person's dna profile is on file somewhere.

IMO
so true, and if he was dumped there afterwards its the perfect crime!

The inquest dates are now listed on the Coroners Court Upcoming inquests page:

Tuesday 6 October 2020 to Friday 9 October 2020
Inquest into the disappearance of William TYRRELL
Forensic Medicine and Coroners Court complex 1A Main Ave,
Lidcombe - courtroom 1 at 10.00am
Before Her Honour Magistrate Grahame, Deputy State Coroner

and:

Friday 16 October 2020
Inquest into the disappearance of William TYRRELL
Forensic Medicine and Coroners Court complex 1A Main Ave,
Lidcombe - courtroom 1 at 10.00am
Before Her Honour Magistrate Grahame, Deputy State Coroner