Found Deceased UK - Richard Morris, 52, British Diplomat, Farnham, Hampshire, 6 May 2020

"Police, who are not treating the death as suspicious, had previously spent days combing the dense woodland for any sign of the married father of three."
As always, I would be interested in learning how this body (likely Richard) was missed earlier and just found now. (no shade towards LE and searchers, for future searches it helps to know where these people actually end up and how they can be so well-hidden)

No doubt the report of the Coroner will shed light on this issue.

What I can think of is that the weather may have played an important role. North West Europe had a relatively cool spring and summer with lots of rain and plants, foliage, weeds grew like ... well weeds. It was incredible. Weeds that were usually knee-high grew over my head alsmost overnight. I thought I had never seen the species before, but it turned out to be one of the usual suspects, only 4 times higher.

Then, a few weeks ago, a prolonged heatwave kicked in and the weed jungle collapsed. IMHO that was the moment when something that was hidden could become visible again.

Considering that Richard Morris went missing on May 6 and that whatever happened to him, happened on the same day, IMHO his remains were covered by plants or foliage in a short while and these continued growing uninterrupted for 3 months, till the middle of August.

No doubt the report of the Coroner will shed light on this issue.

What I can think of is that the weather may have played an important role. North West Europe had a relatively cool spring and summer with lots of rain and plants, foliage, weeds grew like ... well weeds. It was incredible. Weeds that were usually knee-high grew over my head alsmost overnight. I thought I had never seen the species before, but it turned out to be one of the usual suspects, only 4 times higher.

Then, a few weeks ago, a prolonged heatwave kicked in and the weed jungle collapsed. IMHO that was the moment when something that was hidden could become visible again.

Considering that Richard Morris went missing on May 6 and that whatever happened to him, happened on the same day, IMHO his remains were covered by plants or foliage in a short while and these continued growing uninterrupted for 3 months, till the middle of August.
Yes, that could very well be the case. On the other hand, it still beggars belief that the body was not discovered, only a couple of miles away from his house, despite the intensive search efforts. Of course foliage can hide a body but one would expect that dogs would have been able to pick up on the scent. And the locals were all on the lookout. I guess it’s only the coroner’s report that will shed light on the cause of death. So very sorry about this tragic case, but at least his family has closure now.

If he died where he fell (as a result of an accident or medical condition) then you would expect him to be on or very near a track or path and easily found. If he had wandered from the path and was incapacitated by injury (broken limb, for example) he could have shouted to summon help. It looks likely that he was well away from anywhere that was frequented by members of the public.
As he has been lying in the open for four of the hottest months of the year, his remains are likely to be little more than skeletal - so no-one should expect much from the pathologist in regards to cause of death. The best that I would expect from the inquest is a positive ID and an open verdict.

If he died where he fell (as a result of an accident or medical condition) then you would expect him to be on or very near a track or path and easily found. If he had wandered from the path and was incapacitated by injury (broken limb, for example) he could have shouted to summon help. It looks likely that he was well away from anywhere that was frequented by members of the public.
As he has been lying in the open for four of the hottest months of the year, his remains are likely to be little more than skeletal - so no-one should expect much from the pathologist in regards to cause of death. The best that I would expect from the inquest is a positive ID and an open verdict.
Broken limbs or injury to the skull could still be identified By the pathologist I guess.

Richard Morris: Diplomat's family "devastated" by loss
''The family of a British high commissioner found dead in a Hampshire forest have said they are "devastated by his loss".

Richard Morris, from Bentley, was last seen running in Alton in the county on 6 May.
Hampshire Constabulary has formally identified a body found in Alice Holt Forest on 31 August as Mr Morris.
In a statement relatives described him as "a loving and loyal husband, father, son and brother".
They went on to say he was "described as funny, kind and smart by his diplomatic colleagues" and had worked for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) "with professionalism and integrity for nearly 30 years".
"His empathy and kindness to those around him earned him respect wherever he went, evidenced by the messages of love, friendship and support we have received from all over the world," they said.''

119568976_181856023448942_4438308330520265848_o.jpg

May he rest in peace and rise in glory. Prayers for the family

Not odd at all - it's what I predicted.

I find it so sad for the family when cause of death cannot be established and the questions they have can never be answered :(
I hope he had a quick medical event and passed quickly (that's what I think, IMO, is the most likely). The article states that the coroner will be gathering files from his GP (general practitioner = family doctor) for the investigation; I wonder if they'll find any pre-existing conditions or risk factors. This guy seemed like a very healthy 52 year-old, but horrible things can happen to anyone.

In these cases I tend to presume medical event e.g. heart attack or heat stroke. Victim doesn't necessarily die instantly but is suddenly extremely weakened and goes somewhere nearby to sit down expecting the feeling to pass but declines too quickly to even call for help.

I find it so sad for the family when cause of death cannot be established and the questions they have can never be answered :(
I hope he had a quick medical event and passed quickly (that's what I think, IMO, is the most likely). The article states that the coroner will be gathering files from his GP (general practitioner = family doctor) for the investigation; I wonder if they'll find any pre-existing conditions or risk factors. This guy seemed like a very healthy 52 year-old, but horrible things can happen to anyone.
On that note of being healthy and super fit, my brother, who eats very healthily, retired from his naval and firefighting career 8 years ago and since then has been doing various jobs which include but are not limited to gardening ( not small individual gardens but mobile homes in the forest and being responsible for the whole site), window cleaning and patio and gutter cleaning on conservatories and general DIY for others plus he goes to the gym every day including the weekend for 2 hours each day. He’s 56 now and last week he had a major heart attack. Fortunately, he was at his daughters house when it happened and she took charge immediately and put him in the recovery position and called 999 for the ambulance. Within 1 hour of collapsing and arriving at the Thoracic Cardio unit within the hospital , the surgeon was finishing his surgery , which he was awake for throughout, after putting stents in his heart . Our amazing NHS - we are so grateful to them. One hour later he was sat up and talking and he was able to make my sisters wedding less than 48hours later ( no exaggeration here whatsoever).
So yes, medical events can happen to the fittest and healthiest of us all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back