Australia Australia - Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, WA *Sentencing* - #24

Edwards' head shake
By Daile Cross

Edwards is standing to hear the verdicts that he is not gulty of murdeirng Sarah Spiers.

He shook his head at the finding of his guilty over Jane Rimmer and again looked down as the guilty verdict over Ciara Glennon, as if in disbelief that he has been found guilty.

Earlier, Edwards barely moved as he listens to the judge tell the court that he did kill Ciara Glennon and Jane Rimmer- except to lightly shake his head.

Edwards exits the dock

Edwards has left the dock. A woman holding the hand of his mother has smile and waved as he left.

The courtroom is now filtering out.

I grew up within walking distance of where these women went missing, it shaped my childhood forever. I'm stunned and thankful that this evil *advertiser censored* has been caught and found guilty, he should spend the rest of his life in prison.

watoday had live reporting from inside the court every day during the trial, which I followed.

Expected the verdict. I was hoping that the judge took 3 months to try to find enough to convict him for Sarah too. But that has failed.

Perth barrister predicts Edwards will never be released from jail
By Aja Styles

Prominent Perth barrister and Queens counsel Tom Percy, who has been following the trial, told 9 News that Justice Hall would consider the victims' impact statements about "if there should be any light at the end of the tunnel for Edwards" but he doubted any Attorney General would sign off on any parole.

He said while the family of Sarah Spiers may be bitterly disappointed at the lack of conviction in regards to their daughter because of the lack of forensic evidence, since her body has never been found, "in their heart of hearts they knew ... that they might have been up against it."

https://www.watoday.com.au/national...rimmer-and-ciara-glennon-20200922-p55y3w.html

Parents of Sarah Spiers embraced by lawyer

As proceedings wrapped up all attention turned to Don and Carol Spiers, who have just learned that Edwards could not be found guilty of their daughter's murder.

First Police Commissioner Chris Dawson went to where they had been sitting in the front row to have a quiet talk.

Then prosecutor Carmel Barbagallo embraced the two of them together.

Then the families of the other victims shared their sympathy too.

The 'psychopath' hidden within a seemingly ordinary man
Ordinary. A devoted step-dad. A loyal employee. These are the words used to describe Claremont killer Bradley Edwards shortly after his shock arrest in 2016.

c69715045d3c3ddb41cb3c3ef44a1a032d8f2243

A courtroom sketch of he killer, Bradley Robert Edwards.

The 51-year-old Telstra technician lived a seemingly uneventful life in suburban Perth with his wife and step-daughter. He regularly volunteered in his community, played masters football and was an avid West Coast Eagles fan.

But underneath the 'family man' facade was a sexual predator who kept his depraved desire to rape and murder young women hidden from those closest to him for decades – a trait criminologist Aaron Sell said is common in organised serial killers.

"There's no reason a serial killer can't act like every other person when they're not trying to kill someone," he said.
https://www.watoday.com.au/national...rimmer-and-ciara-glennon-20200922-p55y3w.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back