Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the phrase “make her happy”...

I’ve been in the planned for a while / premeditated camp but that comment has me re-evaluating my thinking. If Barry had already harmed Suzanne when he said that to MG, why would he tell her that he had to go home to make Suzanne happy? It certainly leads to the thought that something was said...an argument, a fight, a spat. If he had already murdered Suzanne, I would think the last thing he’d want to do is give anyone the idea that some sort of disagreement was going on. I’m thinking Suzanne was still alive at that point. Did he get in the car and think about it and brood the entire way home, so that he was really furious when he got there?
Ironically, the whole spat, and I do think it started on Friday, could have been over his decision to apparently not give her any time on MD weekend. MG says he was working Friday night IIRC, and we know he was working at least half of Saturday. And, hadn't he originally planned to work all day Saturday, per MG? Another reason I think that was the basis of the spat, that turned into murder, was that he felt compelled to make up imo, that story about how he had asked her if it was ok that he would go to Denver to fix the wall, the whole dam day of Sunday. This is supposed to be Mr. Deep pockets, who had his own thriving business, and various properties, yet couldn't squeeze out a few hours for his cancer stricken wife on Mother's Day weekend?
I think like many of you that he killed her mid day on Saturday due to escalation of the spat, turned murder.

Thank you!

I don’t want to derail the thread, but we are just devastated by this. I have cried, and so did my hubby- he’s not a crier.

I can only imagine the pain of losing a spouse. I’m having such a hard time wrapping my head around BM’s actions or lack there of. I would be a basket case. JMO

I am so sorry @Gigi3. There are no words that make it hurt less. Pets are family and bring so much joy and comfort, however, they just don't have the same lifespan we do and it hurts so much when we lose them. I am so very sorry for your and your family's loss.

Did you see the timeline shift in the video portion? It said 8 am Saturday morning was the abrupt end of texting with Suzanne’s friend regarding the wedding. That piece just keeps on moving.

Oh my. Good catch but Im not sure what to think of it.

The video in this link has this at one part in the video:

"May 9th: Phone activity stopped at 8am"

I wonder where they got that information as I dont think we have ever seen that time given unless I missed it somewhere.

ETA-If that is correct that the text messaging with the friend stopped at 8am Saturday then it could make more sense why BM seemed frazzled when he was working with MG Saturday before they quit early for the day.

Brother of missing Indiana native Suzanne Morphew leading volunteer search expedition - WISH-TV | Indianapolis News | Indiana Weather | Indiana Traffic

If Barry is driven by money, as AM has indicated, he may have met with a attorney and decided he didn’t want to part with any of his money for a retainer. IMO he’s arrogant enough to think he can handle everything himself.
Even if he doesn't have a defense attorney, he has one who represented him in the IN assault case (of which BM filed and lost) and a RE attorney. Not sure if it was the same attorney but many are GPs, especially in small towns.
Anyway, I can see the attorney giving him advice. BM still has more properties to sell off.

Brother of missing Indiana native Suzanne Morphew leading volunteer search expedition

Sept 23, 2020 - 8:27PM

~snip

Morphew, 49, was reported missing on Mother’s Day after relatives were unable to reach her and asked a neighbor to check on her.

Phone records show her cell activity stopped the previous day, May 9, after she sent text messages to a friend whose wedding plans were disrupted by pandemic restrictions.

Moorman suspected his sister felt “isolated” and “lonely” in Colorado long before quarantine.

Her husband, Barry Morphew, relocated the family from Indiana to Colorado in spring 2018. He was an avid hunter who “liked the great outdoors” and adjusted quickly to life in Colorado, where their eldest daughter was attending college, according to Moorman.

Suzanne Morphew missed her friends and family in Indiana but charmed people in her new town.

“The few people that she met in the two years she was [in Colorado] are all in on this search,” Moorman said. “She made friends with hairdressers, restaurant owners [and people] every place she went in, and they all loved her. Every one of those people has stepped forward to help.”

Moorman helped mobilize an “army” of approximately 500 volunteers within weeks, including dozens of Hoosiers who knew Morphew and strangers from across the nation who were captivated by the investigation into her disappearance.

The volunteers will search mountainous areas surrounding the Morphews’ Salida home from Thursday through Sept. 29 with the support of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. Volunteers will be checked in and out of searches daily to ensure safety. Medical personnel will be stationed at each checkpoint. Search activities will not extend past 4 p.m.

“I realize that what I’m looking for at this point is probably a person that’s passed and I’m prepared for that,” Moorman said. “But if they find her, I’m going to stop back immediately and I’m going to let the authorities take over. I don’t think that’s something I’m ready to see.”
~snip

More at link:
Brother of missing Indiana native Suzanne Morphew leading volunteer search expedition - WISH-TV | Indianapolis News | Indiana Weather | Indiana Traffic

AM thinks Suzanne was murdered Saturday MORNING.

JMO

I think he's made it more than clear what he thinks of BM, if you take all the interviews as a whole. He's just not a guy who blurts it out but there it is.....SM was lonely and isolated, hint after hint revealing what AM thinks of BM.
Totally agree.

Remember, AM’s comment about some bombshell tips coming in these last few days?

I think people are really beginning to talk to AM about this situation. Maybe they were scared at first, but are coming forward now.

Do we know when the cougar was allegedly sighted by LE? From the previous discussions I was thinking it was Tuesday or so. Yet, BM called MG on Monday morning saying a cat got her. Does anyone remember when it was seen at the house?

I think the PE video with trevor at about the 1:08 hr/min mark they talk about the male cougar siting while police were in their vehicle at the house and that the he went over sniffing around the elk head with flesh.... 12th or 13th. Who in their freakin right mind would leave that for animals to come on to their property. Set up. Goes towards the big con. MOO

I think the PE video with ANDY at about the 1:08 hr/min mark they talk about the male cougar siting while police were in their vehicle at the house and that the he went over sniffing around the elk head with flesh.... 12th or 13th. Who in their freakin right mind would leave that for animals to come on to their property. Set up. Goes towards the big con. MOO

“I realize that what I’m looking for at this point is probably a person that’s passed and I’m prepared for that,” Moorman said. “But if they find her, I’m going to stop back immediately and I’m going to let the authorities take over. I don’t think that’s something I’m ready to see.”

He suspected his sister was the victim of foul play and died months ago.

Authorities searched the Salida home multiple times and a construction site where Barry Morphew was paid to lay dirt but found no remains and made no arrests in the case.

Barry Morphew is not expected to join the search expedition, according to Moorman.

How about the Vigil?

Did we get the officers vs male cougar from BM or actual officers? Does anyone recall ? Or is there a link plz to this conversation.

The first mention of a cat/mountain lion is in the only interview/press conference CCSO/SS gave. He does say he doesn't believe it to be the case but it is mentioned. See media thread.

The second mention was in the infamous TD/BM video by BM

The third was by AM in his PE interview. He revealed the officers guarding the house while it was being searched mentioned a large male cat walking across the yard/driveway.

Why was BM's friend so sure 'evidence' was being destroyed by LE?

I think BM actually intended for the Broomfield job to be done that weekend - whether or not it was an alibi he needed or because for some bizarre reason he wanted some of his workers out of town, it was a legit job. So during a relatively short window of time - between when he talked to JP on Saturday and when he got to Broomfield without the necessary tools for the job - something jammed up his plans about his tools.

Where was he supposed to get the right set of tools for the job? Did he not have them because he was in an awful hurry - or did he take the right tools, but for some reason needed to bleach and discard them?

It would be interesting to know the current whereabouts of the tools that BM should have left at HIE. Perhaps it's why he fired MG - if she's been working with him regularly, she'd know if certain tools were missing or suddenly replaced.

Someone has mentioned the possibility of SM being put on top of the tools - I think it might explain some things.

Something jammed up his plans alright. Like he went home to make his wife happy on Saturday, her texting suddenly stopped and he was all about an alibi and body disposal. He called JP about the job, had to dispo the body, get up to Broomfield in a hurry. He wasnt seriously thinking about the job, just his alibi and wiping his tools of evidence.... MOO

PE guys are discussing CCSO press releases. They are hoping that the sheriff’s department steps up to the plate. I don’t think they are very impressed with their press releases and are also citing the politics of the case and that these are not people coming in from Indiana-75% are locals who are voters.

I admit, I have been suspicious of BM since day 1-2. While I know that many of you can probably think of legitimate reasons for BM doing so, I thought it was telling that BM offered a big reward contingent on SM being found “safe”, alive. BM knew his money safe. Why not offer a reward for any helpful information leading to SM being found in any condition and perp brought to justice? BM didn’t want to place a bounty on his own head.

I think the PE video with trevor at about the 1:08 hr/min mark they talk about the male cougar siting while police were in their vehicle at the house and that the he went over sniffing around the elk head with flesh.... 12th or 13th. Who in their freakin right mind would leave that for animals to come on to their property. Set up. Goes towards the big con. MOO
I also don't believe that LE ever confirmed that there was a mountain lion sighting but I might've missed it.
To my recollection, it was BM stating that to TD on video.

Re the phrase “make her happy”...

I’ve been in the planned for a while / premeditated camp but that comment has me re-evaluating my thinking. If Barry had already harmed Suzanne when he said that to MG, why would he tell her that he had to go home to make Suzanne happy? It certainly leads to the thought that something was said...an argument, a fight, a spat. If he had already murdered Suzanne, I would think the last thing he’d want to do is give anyone the idea that some sort of disagreement was going on. I’m thinking Suzanne was still alive at that point. Did he get in the car and think about it and brood the entire way home, so that he was really furious when he got there?

I think he was laying ground work for him being out in the wilderness disposing of her and planting more narrative about her biking....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong