OH - Emily Noble, 52, Westerville, 24 May 2020 *husband not guilty*

This is from the local news. It says they searched her home shortly after she went missing and that there were indications of foul play. That’s actually the first I have read that said that.

Westerville police announced Tuesday that dental records on a body found last week are consistent with a local woman missing since May.
Police: Dental records of body found consistent with missing Westerville woman Emily Noble | 10tv.com
Our local news is astonishingly bad. Here is an article from the same channel that says the exact opposite. I sincerely wonder whether they missed the word "no" before "foul play," or if there's actually new information?!
Police ask for help finding Westerville woman who disappeared the night of her birthday | 10tv.com

eta this is on the heels of one local channel saying MM signed a POA days before her disappearance, when it was actually a full year before - misinformation that could radically affect public opinion, and which can easily be verified on the county's free, searchable, online database.

Were her knees actually touching the ground? I believe that what they described she could have done herself. With that said, I’m more easily persuaded towards domestic violence if there’s been any evidence of past manipulation (especially financially) if her family has doubts then I do too.

I am glad it seems they are going to be taking their time now that they’ve identified her. Her COD is going to be very important.
If the sheriff and other LE are so sure they checked that area multiple times then at least they may be sure to really look hard at the foul play angle which is really hopeful that there will be answers soon and justice if needed. Moo

After listening to the EN-specific episode of The Vanished Podcast and now reading your info regarding what her coworkers reported it seems plausible EN may have taken her own life. In light of all the information (and assumed as accurate) it's clear EN likely found herself locked in to an unworkable situation. How to maintain her deep-rooted good nature but also to do the best thing for her psyche without feeling she'd be letting someone down or worse. Those feelings, over a prolonged period could easily lead a good soul to taking desperate and drastic action.
I agree, Emily has struggled with so much heartbreak, way more than anyone's fair share.

At the same time, I'm wondering whether anyone else here was unsettled by how one particular interviewee responded to the interviewer's request to "describe Emily." I was very impressed by how beautifully the people on that podcast described Emily, I felt like I got to know her for just a few moments while they spoke about her...with a single, strange exception.

I'm in the Westerville area and the location she was found is right next to a very busy road during the day, dead at night, and there is a little bit of a ravine where she was, however, I'm wondering how no one smelled any odors when going past this area during the summer. I would have thought with 21 days of 90+ degree days throughout the summer, someone would have noticed. Westerville has walking trails everywhere and residents use them all the time - there's always walkers, bicyclists, joggers from morning til evening throughout the city. I heard there was one resident who had called the police reporting a foul odor a while ago, but that residence is a (very short) distance away and it is a different patch of woods.

I agree, Emily has struggled with so much heartbreak, way more than anyone's fair share.

At the same time, I'm wondering whether anyone else here was unsettled by how one particular interviewee responded to the interviewer's request to "describe Emily." I was very impressed by how beautifully the people on that podcast described Emily, I felt like I got to know her for just a few moments while they spoke about her...with a single, strange exception.

That was the podcast that was wiped? Yes, felt the same. It was very intimate and close. Shame it was not allowed. Rules are rules however.

A 100 pound person does not decompose the same way a typical person does. With summer heat and good breeze she could have mummified pretty quickly. You can see all kinds of tree hanging suicide in photos of Japan's suicide forest Aokigahara. Slim people stay intact for a long time.

Its increasingly common for people to hang themselves in kneeling or sitting positions thanks to internet discussions on the topic that I don't want to contribute details to.

That having been said, I can also visualize ways in which a person would hang themselves up high in a tree and some time later come to rest in what might appear to be a kneeling position on the ground. When the branch took her weight, it might have cracked - not enough that it would fall immediately but enough for the branch to die over time. If it was a softwood tree like a maple the branch would droop more and more maybe eventually pointing downward and allowing the noose to slide down until some of the body weight was relieved by it landing in a kneeling position

I was very impressed by how beautifully the people on that podcast described Emily, I felt like I got to know her for just a few moments while they spoke about her...with a single, strange exception.
Agreed entirely... describing her complexion/height/weight... it felt like this person viewed her as an object. It was weird. MOO.

This is from the local news. It says they searched her home shortly after she went missing and that there were indications of foul play. That’s actually the first I have read that said that.

Westerville police announced Tuesday that dental records on a body found last week are consistent with a local woman missing since May.
Police: Dental records of body found consistent with missing Westerville woman Emily Noble | 10tv.com

They changed the article, it now says no evidence of foul play.

At this point, it seems like unverified posters are more reliable than MSM!

Last edited:
There are absolutely beautiful pictures of Emily at the link below. I won't discuss the podcast, as I know it is against TOS, but I am linking because the pictures are haunting but seem so expressive of who she is/was. She seemed such a beautiful soul.
EPISODE 246: Emily Noble — The Vanished Podcast
After listening to the EN-specific episode of The Vanished Podcast and now reading your info regarding what her coworkers reported it seems plausible EN may have taken her own life. In light of all the information (and assumed as accurate) it's clear EN likely found herself locked in to an unworkable situation. How to maintain her deep-rooted good nature but also to do the best thing for her psyche without feeling she'd be letting someone down or worse. Those feelings, over a prolonged period could easily lead a good soul to taking desperate and drastic action.
@ChuckMaureen - I am leaning the same way you are, and will try and express myself while staying within bounds. I was 52 a few years ago. My early 50s were at time of deep reflection, tempered by a good marriage and three beautiful children, but still it was a very bittersweet time, understanding that life is finite. Reflecting on decisions made and not made. I imagine one could feel despair had one found oneself in an "unworkable situation" exactly as you described above. Maybe understanding that something that seemed like a mid-life gift was anything but. These later birthdays can bring things into perspective.

That said, I will also say that I am very glad that there is a trustee and family who seems to have Emily's best interest at heart in case it was something else. And the POA is no longer in effect. A will or probate law will govern now with the ensuing court scrutiny.

Last edited:
Our local news is astonishingly bad. Here is an article from the same channel that says the exact opposite. I sincerely wonder whether they missed the word "no" before "foul play," or if there's actually new information?!
Police ask for help finding Westerville woman who disappeared the night of her birthday | 10tv.com

eta this is on the heels of one local channel saying MM signed a POA days before her disappearance, when it was actually a full year before - misinformation that could radically affect public opinion, and which can easily be verified on the county's free, searchable, online database.

Local news departments seem to getting worse where I live too.

This is all opinion only. As relates to searches for missing people in wooded and/or treed areas. I am not a professional search and rescue person just another who tries to help out like most who post here.

About 5 years ago in my area a female went missing on her way home from work late at night. She was last seen at the local Walmart. The stores film verified this. The 4 lane highway to her home was literally almost straight the entire way then through a small town and down another short road so it would seem the search area was relatively narrowed down. Her mother reported her missing immediately when she didn’t return home from work. She had spoken to her via cell while she was at the Walmart store. She asked LE to ping the phone. They refused. Privacy laws they said. The girl was over 21. They stated they would look for her in case she wrecked. The family was already scouring the route she drove home thinking car wreck. Nothing was found. LE wasn’t very interested so the family went to the media. After about a week LE decided to get interested due to time and pressure from bad press. It was too late to ping the phone it was dead. LE released to the media that they believed she had committed suicide based on some interviews with relatives who stated she had threaded suicide in her teen years but not since she was an adult. Family balked and said that was just typical teen threats and not real mental illness. LE then came out and said she may have overdosed somewhere based on the Walmart videos where it ‘looked like’ she was stealing something to ‘huff’ with. She had no history of drug use or of ‘huffing’. She and her car had disappeared off the face of the earth.

Months pass. Our area is the far western end of NC. Very wooded. Even though the main highway is straight it passes through areas of dense woods as well as farm land and several steep drop offs. The road is cleared 30 feet on each side as that is the right of way for the road. These areas were searched by LE several times. Volunteers searched several times. After months passed and even after the road crew mowed the area a passerby saw what he thought was something odd. He was a passenger in a vehicle and was just looking out when he saw what he thought was a license plate in a tree. He told the driver to turn around as he thought someone had wrecked. They found the girl. Still in the drivers seat. No ‘huffing’, no suicide, no overdose...a wreck not 5 feet off the mowed right of way. God knows how long she was alive after she ran into the grove of trees. Her remains were too far gone and had been destroyed by animals to tell time of death.

She had been traveling east bound home and had maybe nodded off or swerved to miss a deer and had travelled across a paved area of the median to the west bound lane and crossed it and wrecked on the west bound side. Granted LE was in my opinion only more than incompetent but this copse of trees was right in the middle of houses and churches and in sight of the road and had been searched several times. It was just missed.

In wooded areas it’s easy to walk right by something. I work in the forest as a contractor for the USDA. We have been involved with a couple of searches over the years. Even one where someone found 2 skeletal remains and when he came to report it and everyone went back to retrieve them they couldn’t find them again. It took a year of looking through that area to relocate the remains. Murder victims both had disappeared from GA during the ‘cocaine wars’.

But TLDR. Sometimes people are just missed in searches even when they’re right off the highway. So I’m going to wait for autopsy report before jumping to any conclusions.

ETA - For any interested here’s LE pat answer to TV about girls remains being found. Just like it was no big deal. UPDATED: The body of missing NC woman found

Last edited:
First time poster here. I live in Westerville and I am very confused about where she was actually found. I’ve heard many rumors but I’ve not seen/heard confirmation about where the exact location was. County Line is not a short road. I tried to tell from different pictures on the news but I can’t figure it out. I would appreciate any help clearing this up. And of course my condolences to her family and friends. I can’t imagine what this must feel like.

First time poster here. I live in Westerville and I am very confused about where she was actually found. I’ve heard many rumors but I’ve not seen/heard confirmation about where the exact location was. County Line is not a short road. I tried to tell from different pictures on the news but I can’t figure it out. I would appreciate any help clearing this up. And of course my condolences to her family and friends. I can’t imagine what this must feel like.
North side of County Line between State and McCorkle. It's directly opposite Nature Trail, which is the entrance to the Ravines at Windemere.

Edited to add: Welcome, 2Dozen! :)

Last edited:

The little patch of woods between her condo and the pedestrian/bike path bridge over County Line. There is a green 'box' (utilities?) on the sidewalk and the area is right behind it

Loved ones of Emily Noble continue to search for answers
“We’re not going to stop until we know justice has been found for Emily,” Van Allen told ABC 6.

The investigation into this case is far from over. An autopsy report is not expected for several weeks. Investigators should be able release more information then.

Emily Noble’s sister-in-law calls finding of body 'absolutely suspicious' | 10tv.com
“This case is, as far as I’m concerned, is far from being over,” Chief Chandler said.
At the middle of this story is a woman. A woman, Dawn says, who loved to laugh and made friends easily. A woman her family says was taken much too soon.

“I don’t want her to be forgotten,” Dawn said. “I really don’t want her to be forgotten.”

Dawn wanted to stress the importance that there is no shame or embarrassment for asking for help if you’re ever in a bad situation.

Dawn wanted to stress the importance that there is no shame or embarrassment for asking for help if you’re ever in a bad situation.
I saw this as well. I couldn't quite pinpoint what sort of "bad situation" she was implying. It's important for people contemplating suicide to reach out for help, and the same goes for people who feel trapped in an unhealthy/abusive relationship.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back