Othram - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see this unidentified woman get her name back. Although law enforcement at the time thought she and 2 men might be trying to rob a home, some of us believe she was running to the house for help, trying to escape the men, when she was shot by the homeowner.

TN - TN - Knox Co., 'Shotgun Jane Doe' WhtFem 607UFTN, 21-30, Jun'87

@othram have you received any inquiries from Canada, or any other countries? There are many Canadian cold cases that I would love to see worked on at some point, but not too sure how open the RCMP/other investigating agencies have been to this technology. These four come to mind in particular.

1046UMAB
720UMSK
498UFSK
The Doe Network: Case File 438UFON
Another Canadian case that comes to mind...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prin...ust-will-help-solve-p-e-i-cold-case-1.2618119
The Doe Network: 2411UMPEI

And another mystery Canada that could be solved by forensic genealogy... it is also some pretty old DNA, from 1932. I remember watching a documentary about his exhumation sometime within the last 10 years - not too sure who holds the biological samples they extracted, but they did apparently do isotopes, etc..

I don't think it was the police who arranged for the tests, so maybe it may be easier to convince whoever did to pursue forensic genealogy.

Albert Johnson (criminal) - Wikipedia (some pretty haunting PM photos, caution)
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/mad-trapper-not-a-canadian-scientific-tests-discover-1.862436
Mad Trapper almost evades pursuers one last time

@othram Here's another interesting case I saw recently posted on Unidentified Wiki. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I noticed Doe Network said they had insufficient DNA for profiling, but perhaps Othram would be able to get a sufficient DNA profile. This is also a case that occurred in New Caney, TX, which is only 30 minutes away from Othram headquarters. Might be easier to communicate with detectives there due to the local proximity.

@othram Here's another interesting case I saw recently posted on Unidentified Wiki. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I noticed Doe Network said they had insufficient DNA for profiling, but perhaps Othram would be able to get a sufficient DNA profile. This is also a case that occurred in New Caney, TX, which is only 30 minutes away from Othram headquarters. Might be easier to communicate with detectives there due to the local proximity.

Wait... how do you know where we live?!

JK, we will check out the case. Thanks for sharing.

Wait... how do you know where we live?!

JK, we will check out the case. Thanks for sharing.
Okay, everybody who didn’t google Othram, raise your hand.

Of course we snooped! What kind of armchair sleuthers do you think we are?! There are no slackers here. Besides, we are so excited about this genetic dna thing!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood