CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who bought this property, something going on here that is not right... $250 K
A big red flag here?
I mean who wouldn't jump on that, that's South Carolina prices and many other states as well, not Southern California pricing.
If they needed cash would they not offer it to acquaintances first, why the need to advertise at that price? Something is just not right here....
58111 Bonita Vista Rd, Mountain Center, CA 92561 - realtor.com®
Just saw this...wow...what a deal...or scam. Something going on there.

MOO, I think the grow was not in Dia's wheelhouse, most growers would probably be excellent tenants, pay on time for rent and NOT want trouble, if the conflict was a angle from the grow standpoint, I would think that the Dia and KH would have been dealt with together since they were couple, why leave the other behind to point fingers....
I get the feeling that whole bunch was cash poor...
Overhead, farm hands, property taxes, etc, etc is a lot of cost to run a ranch
So who bought the one property for 250K?

It does seem as though Dia was property rich cash poor. She might have gotten involved with the wrong people. I've wondered if she was being blackmailed. That property was sold for so cheap. But didn't it go through after she was gone?

I've also wondered if she felt she was going to end up in jail and disappeared herself, maybe even with KH's help, but LE thinks homicide.

Did she sense some kind of danger or threat to shift property to her Trust, or did it have to do with the coming marriage?

Reading Page 9 of the grow site warrant reveals how detrimental growers can be to their landlords and neighbors. No, not nice tenants, sometimes they steal your utilities and threaten the property having Butane Honey Oil labs. They guard their product fiercely and boobie trap the area. There were fires in that general area and that is another big concern. The thought of having that kind of business going on near her Wedding Venue and Airbnb is rather frightening to me. All MOO.

marijuana_grow_warrant.pdf

So who bought this property, something going on here that is not right... $250 K
A big red flag here?
I mean who wouldn't jump on that, that's South Carolina prices and many other states as well, not Southern California pricing.
If they needed cash would they not offer it to acquaintances first, why the need to advertise at that price? Something is just not right here....
58111 Bonita Vista Rd, Mountain Center, CA 92561 - realtor.com®

Realtor.com is the only place I found reference to a sale. I didn't see it on any of the other major online realty web sites.
I don't think it was really a sale as the Riverside Assessor's office did not record a sale. However, what is interesting is that on the Realtor web site the date of the supposed sale is 6/18/20 which is the date the Assessor's Office recorded the deed change (when Dia moved her ownership of the property into the trust). But it's probably just error on the part of Realtor.com. Maybe they scan databases and picked up on the deed change date for the address, but merged it with a random number from some other sale?

If these links don't connect to specific info just enter "58111 Bonita Vista" on the property search page. And you can look at the property report.
Riverside County Assessor - County Clerk - Recorder > Property Search > Valuation

I used the document number from the previous pages to get to this (but a view of the deed is not available so you'd have to go back through our posts here to view it)
Self-Service: Document Search

Last edited:
MOO, Another thing that stands out is the reward, $10,000 for her SAFE return.
If it was me I would offer the $10k no matter what, it's not the monetary value at this point, it's knowing what's happened and making sure justice and the truth comes forward at this point..
Of course it would be great if Dia was found safe, it almost sounds like the reward is being offered because a person knows the safe return is not possible.

You can tell Dia enjoyed her pets and animals from her FB photos. It's getting time to pick apples and she had a big Apple Orchard I saw on the video of her ranch.

I wonder if she met KH online. MOO, so many pics of her look like profile pics for dating sites, JMO tho'. His business was in NM too. How'd they meet? Is he into horses too? It didn't sound like it. There's not one mention of him or an upcoming wedding. Yes, I still find that strange when he's made it into a love story on his interviews.

You can tell Dia enjoyed her pets and animals from her FB photos. It's getting time to pick apples and she had a big Apple Orchard I saw on the video of her ranch.

I wonder if she met KH online. MOO, so many pics of her look like profile pics for dating sites, JMO tho'. His business was in NM too. How'd they meet? Is he into horses too? It didn't sound like it. There's not one mention of him or an upcoming wedding. Yes, I still find that strange when he's made it into a love story on his interviews.

MOO, There is certainly lots of "love" going on at Bonita Vista now.. MOO, When you read the reviews and understand the placements the love really comes to life.

That property was sold for so cheap. But didn't it go through after she was gone?

MOO, It seems strange, but what if she wasn't there when it sold? Is it possible for her to not have been there when the trusts changed? Could someone have had a POA etc or some other way?

LE has it's hands full, disappearances, Illegal grows I just saw on the Riverside sheriff mobile page 38 warrants were executed in the greater Anza, Aguanga areas for 20 tons combined of plants and processed material.
MOO if this situation here leads down a path were prosecution signs off and proceeds, certainly at 71 years old.... Life is over.
Even if the charges are beat it's a hundreds of thousands of dollars and several years to come spent on this situation for defense, bail etc.
This makes you look at the whole situation and wonder how far this was thought thru.
Was it for the moment, despair, greed is a horrible thing, coveting is another, giving up and walking away is another facet. This situation has a lot of elements involved, I just hope LE is on the right track, things appear to be busting at the seams, seams only hold so much.

Realtor.com is the only place I found reference to a sale. I didn't see it on any of the other major online realty web sites.
I don't think it was really a sale as the Riverside Assessor's office did not record a sale. However, what is interesting is that on the Realtor web site the date of the supposed sale is 6/18/20 which is the date the Assessor's Office recorded the deed change (when Dia moved her ownership of the property into the trust). But it's probably just error on the part of Realtor.com. Maybe they scan databases and picked up on the deed change date for the address, but merged it with a random number from some other sale?

If these links don't connect to specific info just enter "58111 Bonita Vista" on the property search page. And you can look at the property report.
Riverside County Assessor - County Clerk - Recorder > Property Search > Valuation

I used the document number from the previous pages to get to this (but a view of the deed is not available so you'd have to go back through our posts here to view it)
Self-Service: Document Search

The $250K "sale" is the transfer into the trust, not a sale. The dollar amount is automatically calculated by some real estate sites, based on tax info, but frequently is inaccurate. The Realtor.com listing says, "Sold on June 18, 2020." The CBS8 records show the transfer was signed by Dia on May 22 and recorded after she went missing on June 18.
https://interactive.cbs8.com/pdf/ABRAMSRECORDS.pdf

The $250K "sale" is the transfer into the trust, not a sale. The dollar amount is automatically calculated by some real estate sites, based on tax info, but frequently is inaccurate. The Realtor.com listing says, "Sold on June 18, 2020." The CBS8 records show the transfer was signed by Dia on May 22 and recorded after she went missing on June 18.
That sounds right...even though he said it was never recorded. But the amount matches the average price in that area I saw online. Why the transfer all of a sudden? Did she get into a bad loan? Sharks? Drug dealers? The plot thickens....I still think the "Fiance" knows more no matter what....
It does sound like she was property rich and cash poor. If I owned that ranch I would never use it as a B&B...I love my privacy. Maybe I'd rent it out for a wedding or maybe just for family to use it for that. Just me though....

Last edited:
LE has it's hands full, disappearances, Illegal grows I just saw on the Riverside sheriff mobile page 38 warrants were executed in the greater Anza, Aguanga areas for 20 tons combined of plants and processed material....

Now do you believe me when I say growers might not make good tenants? Twenty tons!!! Gorgeous big plants. I saw that along with pics on the Anza Crime Watch FB site. Shame if you move to the country for the "country life" and then run into all that.

Guns, money, stolen trailers, etc., Geez, it's a lot more dangerous than the inner city. Not to mention, they found "Carbofuran" at one location, which is classified as a toxic pesticide, banned in the US. It endangers domestic animals & wildlife. It's a hazard to the water table. Bunch of people cited. Heck, they cited an 82 yr. old man. It's the money. I don't think you can make as much money growing apples.

Thank you for the clarification!

Do you happen to know if there is any indication as to where Harper kept his RV? ie, on the Ranch or another of Dia's properties? TIA!

Glad to have that clarification, thanks!

@coastal posted this on the thread for the 7 killed, and I thought I'd post it here too. There's some pics. Those people thought they were going to eat some pizza. It must have been terrifying. The grow site may have nothing to do with Dia's disappearance, but the article says there's been those other homicides linked to illegal grow sites. MOO, you would not want to enter into that business or even rent out property without recognizing the dangers.

"Bianco said at least 20 people were living on the property in the small community of Aguanga ..."

7 people shot to death at marijuana grow house in Inland Empire, authorities say

The killings this week add to seven other homicide cases linked to illegal marijuana operations that Riverside County detectives have investigated this year
, the sheriff said...

Just drove through there yesterday on our way to Temecula. So beautiful in parts. Sad that there is so much riff raff out there growing drugs and what not. Parts of it towards the 79 are really beautiful.

Just drove through there yesterday on our way to Temecula. So beautiful in parts. Sad that there is so much riff raff out there growing drugs and what not. Parts of it towards the 79 are really beautiful.
It is beautiful country, I agree, but do be careful driving around those back roads. Too scary for me, thanks to this thread. Not kidding. Yikes is right!

More information is needed here, I am hoping there are people on this sight that have an acquaintance or closer with the situation and Dia. It leads me to believe that there is more information that has not come forward and may be helpful to have the group digest and think outloud that may be very helpful, anything. EXAMPLE: Dia's poster leads me to believe she has cosmetic work done, botox, face peel whatever it is...(She is attractive yes!), someone had to administer or do the work, favorite things to do etc.
What about the camera's, I have heard some mention about camera's...
The truth about Dia needs to rise to the occasion, anyone is more than welcome to jump in here...

More information is needed here, I am hoping there are people on this sight that have an acquaintance or closer with the situation and Dia. It leads me to believe that there is more information that has not come forward and may be helpful to have the group digest and think outloud that may be very helpful, anything. EXAMPLE: Dia's poster leads me to believe she has cosmetic work done, botox, face peel whatever it is...(She is attractive yes!), someone had to administer or do the work, favorite things to do etc.
What about the camera's, I have heard some mention about camera's...
The truth about Dia needs to rise to the occasion, anyone is more than welcome to jump in here...

MOO,, Is there a great deal of information that is missing, hidden, altered? What might that information be?
MOO,, I suspect people that are close to the situation are not coming forward publically as they may have concerns for their safety.
MOO,, It does appear that Dia had some cosmetic work performed? Possibly more than we can see from a photo?
MOO,, I surmise the pot grows are insignificant as they are nothing new to the area or for that matter other rural areas in southern CA.
MOO,, What about the current situation of Bonita Vista? What are all of the relationships that encompass the day to day operations of that ranch? How does it all fit together? Who are the principals and players? Where are the principals living? Who now controls or possibly owns the properties?
ALL MOO,, I have so many questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member