Deceased/Not Found UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 Jul 2020 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that too, she also left comments from the baby on her own pictures. Very odd.

The more I look at Scott’s pictures and posts I have a funny feeling there may have been some addiction issues there, maybe from the accident he had that left him unable to work, I’m sure pain meds would have been given, even mild opiates such as codeine can open a gateway to harsher drugs.

SaW, again, just damn weird.

ScW I have to admit, the very first time I looked at this case, I thought Coke. Big fish, small pond type.
But - although I agree with you completely in the possibility of your theory, neither of these thing equate to a murdered daughter

Loads of these types are our family & friends, that's why we recognise them - but this is a level beyond

I saw that too, she also left comments from the baby on her own pictures. Very odd.

The more I look at Scott’s pictures and posts I have a funny feeling there may have been some addiction issues there, maybe from the accident he had that left him unable to work, I’m sure pain meds would have been given, even mild opiates such as codeine can open a gateway to harsher drugs. If the doctor won’t prescribe you them any longer then you turn to the internet or street. Once you develop a tolerance to the drug you start looking for something stronger it’s a slippery slope tolerance comes hand in hand with addiction.

He would have easy access as the road the family live on is not far from a notorious road in Peterborough where you could literally get your hands on anything.

I believe all of the below to be a fair summary of what has been discussed so far - but please do let me know if any of it is wrong or shouldn't be here:

Timeline:
1990s – SaW teenage years in Scunthorpe
1999-2005ish – BW’s 2 sibs born
January 2003 – BW born in Doncaster
2003-2005 – SaW resides at 3 addresses, with another partner, in Doncaster, Barnsley & Pontefract
2009 – SaW posts making reference to previous abusive relationship and stating her children are to be brought up thinking ScW is their bio
2009-2010 – SaW & ScW get engaged
2007-2015ish – SaW & ScW have 6 children together
Up until 2013/14 - ScW ran a property maintenance company and a locksmiths
2013/14 – ScW starts to market himself as a Freelance photographer and professional gambler/tipster
June 2014 ScW tweets to TV medium / spiritualist:
"hope you can answer a quick question for me, but can the other side see everything this side?? Do they see bad that we may do?thx"
2011ish- to date: SaW runs various funding campaigns and PR activities (around the conditions of Hereditary Multiple Exotosis which 3 of the children have)
2018ish – ScW returns to education – photography

June 2018 - SaW posts 'Finally getting married, next October'
June 2019 - ScW asks for advice on SM on getting copy of Greek marriage cert, from previous marriage, so he can get divorced.
July 2019 - Appear to be cancelling the planned Oct wedding/separating (ScW posts to SaW "I Promise to get the papers sorted ASAP if you’d still have me x")
September 2019 – Appear to still be separated, SM posts about being civil for children
September 2019 – BW starts college
March 2020 – UK lockdown
May-June – lockdown eases
June – youngest child born
June/July – BW splits from a boyfriend (according to a neighbour)

16th July – SaW’s Tiktok uploads appear to stop
18th July - BW ‘ran out of the car’, both parents in car?
20th July – Text from BW to SaW ‘will be home soon’
21st July – reported missing to LE
29th July – SaW: amazon wish list created and posted to a FB group for others to donate
Late Aug – SaW’s TikTok uploads appear to resume
9th September – LE remove hair & toothbrush from home
11th September – ScW arrested
12th September – SaW arrested
12th September – House searched
14th September – Charged: joint enterprise murder
15th September – Searches begin in the rural Cowbit area (10 miles from family home) and garages in Churchfield Road, Walton, Peterborough

Family:
SaW (Aka Padley) – Mother, 37
ScW – Step/Adoptive Father, 50
Older sib (M) Age unknown? – Lives with extended family member
BW – 17
Full sib (M) Similar age to BW but unclear if slightly older or slightly younger
6 x Half sibs aged 5-12 yrs old – thought to be ScW’s bio children
New baby born June 2020.

Background:
SaW and 9 children live in Century Square, Millfield, Peterborough
ScW may also live there (not clear if ScW moved out when they separated last year, or therefore if he returned to live with them)
They are not legally married – SaW changed her surname at some point
Not clear if/when they resumed their r’ship
Not clear when BW’s surname was changed
3 children have Hereditary Multiple Exotosis, 2 Autism, ScW had some care needs following car crash, SaW was his carer
SaW also worked as a support worker for the elderly
Not clear if ScW is the new baby’s bio (they were separated last Autumn)
ScW married twice previously and believed to be still legally married now (did he tell SaW he was already divorced?)

Theories discussed so far:
Ongoing wider family abuse & cover-up
One-off rage incident/accident
ScW obsession with BW specifically

Other points discussed so far:
Could BW have recently obtained her birth certificate & found out ScW not her bio – applying for first Driving Licence or Passport perhaps
SaW obsession with several social media platforms – including those frequented by younger people eg TikTok - & press doesn’t fit well with busy mother of 10
ScW returning to education around same time as BW starts college, presentation changes too at this time (one poster said ‘midlife crisis’ appearance to his recent activities)
Are they fantasists/attention seekers?
Is one parent setting up the other?

ETA: Also discussion around language used by SaW to presss echoing the tone of other criminal cases eg Shannon Mathews.

Comparison of parents actions and activities after she went missing not reflecting those genuinely worrying for missing child.

This case was not high profile when she went missing and BW's friends have been quiet in the media. But we now know there is a local voice about more info coming to light. BW may have disclosed info to friends and that is part of the case LE have

Detailed summary there. Thanks.

This post in pic on his FB made me wonder if before present baby there was a miscarriage last year?

BW, however, was born December 13 2002, not Jan 2003. If you are looking at birth registers, they run quarterly covering 3 months before.

On FB ScW is wishing her a happy birthday on December 13.

Other children:
son born 2003
son born 2010
son born 2014

If ScW and SW did split for a while last year, I think it may have been late June/early July, when he and son went to Greece alone, the posts on FB around that time are a lot about memories, and on July 8 late at night he posts about feeling very low.

A son (perhaps oldest, born before BW?) has posted on Sep 21 asking for 'character witnesses' for SW.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200925-231636_Firefox-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20200925-231636_Firefox-01.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
This post in pic on his FB made me wonder if before present baby there was a miscarriage last year?

BW, however, was born December 13 2002, not Jan 2003. If you are looking at birth registers, they run quarterly covering 3 months before.

On FB ScW is wishing her a happy birthday on December 13.

Other children:
son born 2003
son born 2010
son born 2014

If ScW and SW did split for a while last year, I think it may have been late June/early July, when he and son went to Greece alone, the posts on FB around that time are a lot about memories, and on July 8 late at night he posts about feeling very low.
Thank you :)
shame I can't edit it now
(is there a time limit for you to edit or am I being really stupid and can't see the button? :confused:)

I thought the character witness thing was interesting.
Is there anyone on here with an understanding of LE/CPS that could explain for me?
What evidence would you need for a no body charge?
& what's the significance of the joint enterprise? Why not just charge them both with murder - what's the difference?

I think it's to do with proof that one had knowledge of the other's intention and could have stopped it. But does that always mean premeditated? Could it mean a chance incident that escalated, both were present?

& with the no body, could it just be DNA? Eg. they've found BW's blood in the car?
Or would there have to be something else? Video, audio, messages between them planning something?

ETA sorry for so many questions. Can't stop thinking about this. Must be so tough for LE working on such cases

I wouldn’t be surprised if everything’s pretty silent now until either a trial or somebody confesses. As with the Sarah Barrass case last year its common practice in a uk murder investigation where there are young children involved to keep every detail under a gag order, their privacy is paramount, poor kids don’t want to be going to school being told your mom/dad’s killed your sister. I do hope the children are being well looked after now and are safe and loved. Someone best crack soon and give up where she is, if they are guilty then how on earth can they sleep at night knowing their daughter is out there alone in the cold, decomposing. She needs to be treated with respect in death at the least :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member