Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #126

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe the audio of the murders was recorded. the video was probably blocked by being in a pocket or something. but LE made comments to the effect that they knew what happened or heard what the girls went through or how they reacted and it was a nightmare. they also know that neither girl attempted to run separately - they stayed together.

Maybe he says means that they were not visually recorded.
My suspicion is that there is enough on the audio to know what his intentions were , and maybe even audio of things that are deeply disturbing and graphic.
My heart breaks at the thought.

AMOO JMO

I hope that it is okay for me to add some input here.
My guess would be that if there was a second killer , there would be a second set of footprints.
It has not been stated that there were footprints , BUT- we are talking about a muddy and soft area , especially in February.
One could surmise that foot prints were at the scene.

AMOO JMO
Footprints, again, rarely discussed because we don’t know anything but there must have been some so LE knows. So they must know a lot —everything you can know from footprints. Shoe, shoe size, gait, and maybe path of arrival and escape. Enough to rule out a lot of people.
unless the searchers trampled all over them, but I think there would still be some at the site.
Remember when they took those boots out of the packing plant? Why?

I must have missed this little piece of info.

I imagine it likely difficult as so much time has passed, but is there a source for this?

There may be others but here is one:
Twitter

Alexis McAdams is a reporter with a local ABC affiliate.

The boots were removed during a LE sweep of Indiana Packers after a bomb threat was supposedly called in on February 22, 2017, which was the sane date as the press conference when the "down the hill" clip was released.

I do believe the audio of the murders was recorded. the video was probably blocked by being in a pocket or something. but LE made comments to the effect that they knew what happened or heard what the girls went through or how they reacted and it was a nightmare. they also know that neither girl attempted to run separately - they stayed together.

I agree. LE stated that they did not have video of the murders. But, that does not mean that they don't have audio of it. Libby very well may have shoved her phone in her pocket when BG approached them and the entire horrible event may have been recorded. People have asked why he didn't destroy the phone or at least delete what Libby had recorded. I think there is a good chance he may have never seen the phone at all and was unaware of what was recorded. Also, he may have be a "low-tech" guy and he wasn't aware that phones can do some of the things they do (like record audio & video). That may sound odd, but there are a lot of people like that. MOO

I appreciate your reply. I'm seriously trying to figure this one out. A threat to murder, for me, isn't proof that he actually committed the murders.

For that matter, having clothing of his at the scene, IMO, isn't actual proof either.

What I'm trying to say here is, there appears to be some evidence that leads LE to think the guy on the Bridge is the actual killer, and I'd like to explore how they may have come to that conclusion, in particular, in light of the fact that the murders are reported to NOT have been recorded.

I guess it could simply be that he is the last to be seen in close proximity to the girls, and the girls are murdered shortly thereafter....somewhat circumstantial in my opinion. However, could there be more?

So what is the actual link? Could it be recovered DNA from the bridge, or elsewhere, somehow definitively known by LE to be that of the killer, that matches recovered DNA from the murder weapon? Or some such connection?

The entire subject is quite interesting to me, thanks.
Maybe BG pulled out and cocked a gun when he ordered them down the hill. The 'click click' sound of a gun being cocked might be heard. Maybe the girls tried to make a run for it and BG fired off a round or two to get them to comply. Maybe BG told the girls that he wouldn't hurt them as long as they did what they were told, but then they ran and Libby dropped her phone. Maybe the girls can be heard begging for their lives before the audio cuts out. There's a million different possibilities.

Is there a message in the fact that this was not done?

Did this killer not have the time, or could he have wanted the community, or the world, to know what he had done?

Since it is thought that the killer knew the area, might one surmise that he chose the site? Or was it random, simply where they wound up that day?

If he did choose the site, then it appears he wanted the girls bodies to be found sooner, rather than later.

^^^^ This.
I think, this sk (?) basically doesn't bury. MOO

Hope this is okay.

Racking my brain forever because I think there is a suspect and has been for a while until this new sketch. Could this be a man and his wife (alibi) sketch. That long jaw reminds me of one previous POI's wife's jaw. Plus the CPS abandoned building with a car possibly parked there (maybe for an appointment pick up?) wild. But I'm stuck on someone being the suspect. jmo
My male poi has a long chin.

If I had to lean one way or another, I'd speculate it's more likely than not that he did act alone; that his encounter with them was spontaneous and opportunistic but that he was prepared to commit a crime against someone that day if he found a suitable victim. I'd say at the least he has a history of violence against women and likely has sex offenses in his past, which he may never have been officially linked to. I don't have enough information to say whether he has murdered before but if this was a sexually oriented murder (which IMO it was) then he likely will again.

IMO, he has a (unknown) history of -deadly- violence against woman/girls and DOESN'T have sex offenses in his past. Maybe, that's, why he isn't caught yet. He seems to have another reason for his killings.

IMO, he has a (unknown) history of -deadly- violence against woman/girls and DOESN'T have sex offenses in his past. Maybe, that's, why he isn't caught yet. He seems to have another reason for his killings.

Yes this "From Germany". Maybe a string of prostitutes(slutty women like mom was) or bratty talking back kids(like his daughter).

I was discussing another case with a LE profiler, and they said the reason for the killing(s) is usually “why not”. Zero empathy.

amateur opinion and speculation

From what I've read, it's my understanding that the properties around the crime scene were vacation homes that were not occupied at the time, other than the RL property.

On the day the girls went missing, Feb 13, it's my understanding that RL was arrested for violating unrelated probation conditions that had been in place since a 2014 prior. My understanding is, that due to the arrest on Feb 13, RL was detained from being on his property during the time of the events that led up to the discovery of the bodies on Feb 14. IMO, it is possible that searchers were not aware of this until after the fact and had naturally expected that he would have checked his own property during the searches and therefore did not trespass on his land to conduct searches.

What a bad break for RL (but also a solid alibi), and what a lucky break for the perpetrator(s) of this crime. Or was it? Was RL just unlucky to be caught violating probation and arrested that day? Or, did someone close enough to him to know or influence his actions on that day that tip off LE, effectively causing the arrest that kept RL away from his property? Another possibility exists, in my option, but requires implication.

This is my amateur conjecture only. It was spurred on by my minds need to reconcile why the bodies were not discovered until Feb 14, and how the perpetrator(s) were seemingly able to have unfettered access to the RL property.

From what I've read, it's my understanding that the properties around the crime scene were vacation homes that were not occupied at the time, other than the RL property.

On the day the girls went missing, Feb 13, it's my understanding that RL was arrested for violating unrelated probation conditions that had been in place since a 2014 prior. My understanding is, that due to the arrest on Feb 13, RL was detained from being on his property during the time of the events that led up to the discovery of the bodies on Feb 14. IMO, it is possible that searchers were not aware of this until after the fact and had naturally expected that he would have checked his own property during the searches and therefore did not trespass on his land to conduct searches.

What a bad break for RL (but also a solid alibi), and what a lucky break for the perpetrator(s) of this crime. Or was it? Was RL just unlucky to be caught violating probation and arrested that day? Or, did someone close enough to him to know or influence his actions on that day that tip off LE, effectively causing the arrest that kept RL away from his property? Another possibility exists, in my option, but requires implication.

This is my amateur conjecture only. It was spurred on by my minds need to reconcile why the bodies were not discovered until Feb 14, and how the perpetrator(s) were seemingly able to have unfettered access to the RL property.

bbm

RL wasn't arrested until March.

Ron Logan had been arrested in March in Delphi on an unrelated probation violation allegation.

Owner of Delphi property where murdered teens were found pleads guilty to unrelated charge | wthr.com

Is it peculiar that the killer did not wish to better hide his crime? What does that tell us about him? I mean, one would think a rudimentary attempt at burial, or hiding of some sort, would be logical, so as to avoid being caught.

Is there a message in the fact that this was not done?

From news article with link:

Abby and Libby, as their friends and family called them, were found by a search party on Valentine’s Day, around 18 hours after they had been reported missing.

Their bodies were hidden in the undergrowth on a remote hiking trail near their hometown of Delphi, Indiana, in the American Midwest.

Why have police not found man who teens filmed before their murder?

From news article with link:
Abby and Libby, as their friends and family called them, were found by a search party on Valentine’s Day, around 18 hours after they had been reported missing.

Their bodies were hidden in the undergrowth on a remote hiking trail near their hometown of Delphi, Indiana, in the American Midwest.

Why have police not found man who teens filmed before their murder?
It wasn't a remote hiking trail, it was a property, bordering on a hiking trail maybe, as we all know. "Undergrowth" or not, I don't know exactly.

Yes this "From Germany". Maybe a string of prostitutes(slutty women like mom was) or bratty talking back kids(like his daughter).
bbm
I don't agree with your "maybe ....." exactly, but that is another thing. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam