Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know sleuthing is off the menu. But people can speculate as to what could possibly be the motives of the Barry Cabal. Do they really think, at this late date, he is innocent, being harassed and in danger of being framed? Or do they believe he is guilty and still support him. even worse, could they be complicit somehow? It really gives me the creeps that he has been able to amass a whole support group of men with similar macho toxicity problems as he has.

-If they are friends of his from IN, why would they come all this way and then not participate in the actual search?

-If they think he is innocent, why wouldn’t they want to help find SM and help find who did commit the crime?

-If they are locals, how did they develop such a deep friendship in 2 years that they’d be willing to interject themselves into a murder investigation on behalf of the husband whose wife is missing?

-Do these people have a self serving interest in helping BM?

To me, their interest has to be in their own self preservation or something bigger than just BM. Not saying they are involved in a murder but they have a self serving interest in mind to keep BM shielded from this crime/investigation.

These are some items that I hope will be clarified or confirmed:

AM stated SM was “abducted” - possible media typo or was it a guarded way of saying she was murdered?

SM was working with domestic abuse meetings

8 am Saturday: SM stopped texting? or was that an unusual social media post or ?

Blue Bike helmet was found. Is that the unknown additional article / personal item?

BM picked up MG at 9 am Saturday

SM was texting with friend - was the wedding ON Saturday?

The 3.5 hour window for SM to be disappeared - when exactly is this timeframe - date/time?
All great questions. Id also be interested to know the condition/manner in which the bike helmet was found. Was it nicely sitting on the side of a trail like it had been set down or was it found scuffed up, dirt-covered, or with any dents or blood that would indicate some kind of accident occurred? Maybe this has been covered, so apologies if I missed it.

I wasn't able to follow closely yesterday.

Why would someone want to spy on the search? The implication would be someone else has guilty knowledge of what happened to Suzanne, along with Barry?
Or is it that people are reporting back to social media in order to be important?

The belief is that BM has people that have downloaded the app and are watching the search and reporting back info to BM. I’m unsure if this also includes searches on the ground keeping eyes on the group they are in or just watching remotely. Or both.

-If they are friends of his from IN, why would they come all this way and then not participate in the actual search?

-If they think he is innocent, why wouldn’t they want to help find SM and help find who did commit the crime?

-If they are locals, how did they develop such a deep friendship in 2 years that they’d be willing to interject themselves into a murder investigation on behalf of the husband whose wife is missing?

-Do these people have a self serving interest in helping BM?

To me, their interest has to be in their own self preservation or something bigger than just BM. Not saying they are involved in a murder but they have a self serving interest in mind to keep BM shielded from this crime/investigation.

I keep wanting to believe that this is just a simple and tragic Hot Headed Man Kills Wife story but things... keep getting in the way. If there is more to the story, finding Suzanne’s remains may not be the thing slowing down prosecution if this case. There may be a long road of investigation that still needs to happen.

So I know sleuthing is off the menu. But people can speculate as to what could possibly be the motives of the Barry Cabal. Do they really think, at this late date, he is innocent, being harassed and in danger of being framed? Or do they believe he is guilty and still support him. even worse, could they be complicit somehow? It really gives me the creeps that he has been able to amass a whole support group of men with similar macho toxicity problems as he has.
Great Post-
I agree it IS concerning there could be so many
anti- whatevers who are suddenly so attracted to BM's case like Moths to a Light.

Almost gives me a creepy gang-like vibe here.

The belief is that BM has people that have downloaded the app and are watching the search and reporting back info to BM. I’m unsure if this also includes searches on the ground keeping eyes on the group they are in or just watching remotely. Or both.
A list of the names of the local searchers could be a potent revenge tool for anyone possibly guilty of murder.

That several of them have downloaded the app could mean that they are downloading lots of maps in different scales, and it takes a bit of techie knowledge to master the program, use printers, put on big screen, etc. They may think that the program will become inaccessible after Sunday, maybe it will?

Or, maybe they realize that they can monitor the property just by using the app. Assuming trespassers are part of the organized search- Maybe they are taking turns watching the property from the comfort of the home. Taking turns 24 hour camera monitoring?

Last edited:
I keep wanting to believe that this is just a simple and tragic Hot Headed Man Kills Wife story but things... keep getting in the way. If there is more to the story, finding Suzanne’s remains may not be the thing slowing down prosecution if this case. There may be a long road of investigation that still needs to happen.

Nah, I think the murder is still job #1. Heck, if they can charge BM with murder, they have a lot of leverage to get him to flip on some other bigger issue they are looking in to.

In fact, if there is something bigger at play, we may never know what it is, or it might just lead to other arrests over the coming year well after the murder charge is brought.

Thank you.

If true, just more indication Barry is guilty and CREEPY. Maybe that was what the picture yesterday was about? Barry was getting his intel.

Eh, just because it’s the opinion of a show that BM has “spies” in the search reporting back to him or that there’s ill intent, doesn’t make it fact/true. Folks are searching, almost all, IMO, who do not know these families. There’s no inside scoop, this isn’t LE out there searching and slipping investigation secrets.

Just maybe they are legitimately part of the search. Good intentions. I’m hopeful and don’t believe every single person that might support BM has ill intent or is lost with their thought process on his guilt or not.

On a side note: I think today & tomorrow especially there will most likely be more professional volunteer resources out there. It’s the weekend & more folks are probably available.

Again, I wish them all well & want everyone to be safe.

IMO

Friends of Barry downloading the app just makes me see that they really aren’t that techy. They followed the PE instructions, but they really didn’t have to download it to see where people are. I didn’t want to give up my info to another database so I watched on my browser. I wonder if they are going to delete the app now that they see the ramifications of it.

Nah, I think the murder is still job #1. Heck, if they can charge BM with murder, they have a lot of leverage to get him to flip on some other bigger issue they are looking in to.

In fact, if there is something bigger at play, we may never know what it is, or it might just lead to other arrests over the coming year well after the murder charge is brought.
don't throw tomatoes but....
I wonder, with all the new developments of the
past week, and rumors of threats and organized offensive tactics, is the CCSO finding themselves out powered here and perhaps this case has outgrown their abilities to handle the totality of this case. ??

I mean they are a small sheriff's office, just 40 some deputies and 2 detectives.
Are they outmanned? Are they out of budget?
Is this turning into a sophisticated investigation and CCSO is simply out of their league? And that's not even considering the DA problem.
Very challenging case, indeed. Poor Andy and Suzanne.

don't throw tomatoes but....
I wonder, with all the new developments of the
past week, and rumors of threats and organized offensive tactics, is the CCSO finding themselves out powered here and perhaps this case has outgrown their abilities to handle the totality of this case. ??

I mean they are a small sheriff's office, just 40 some deputies and 2 detectives.
Are they outmanned? Are they out of budget?
Is this turning into a sophisticated investigation and CCSO is simply out of their league? And that's not even considering the DA problem.
Very challenging case, indeed. Poor Andy and Suzanne.

But if this the case (if they are out of budget), can’t the FBI take over the case with their funds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa