Found Deceased TN - Jean Culbertson, 57, Savannah, 22 Sept 2020

Aray

Reaction score
Jean-Culbertson.jpg

WBBJ

MISSING - 57 Y/O Jean Culbertson 5'8" 230lb, br hair, glasses. Last seen at Whites Community Center around 1:30pm Tuesday.

Investigators say Culbertson’s husband received a text message that she was going to Walmart, but was unable to get in touch with her again.

Her vehicle was later found at the community center at Burnt Church, according to investigators.

People near the building noticed a red truck had pulled Culbertson over and was talking to her in the parking lot, according to the sheriff’s office.

missing-hardin-county-1024x595.jpg

Hardin Co. Sheriff's Office searching for missing woman - WBBJ TV

Her FB page: Log into Facebook | Facebook

“We talked to one of the neighbors, and they see a red color pickup pull in when she pulled her car in. Her and the gentlemen got out of the vehicle, stood there and talked for a little bit. The subject that saw them went back in the house and came out about 20 minutes later, and her car was still there, but her and the male subject were gone in the red pickup truck. It was an extended cab pickup,” [Hardin County Sheriff Johnny] Alexander said.

Culbertson is about 5-foot 8-inches tall, has brown hair, glasses and weighs about 230 pounds.

Law enforcement seek missing woman in Hardin County - WBBJ TV

I'm not sure if this would be considered MSM or not, but her body has been found on her property. Not sure how/if to move this to located persons.

TN River Valley News

Breaking News: The Body Of Missing Hardin County Woman Located

Hardin County Sheriff Johnny Alexander confirms the body of Jean Culbertson was located this afternoon.

Alexander says the body was discovered approximately 150 to 200 yards from the Culbertson home.

The sheriff says that a death investigation is ongoing and that the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is working with his department.

I'm not sure if this would be considered MSM or not, but her body has been found on her property. Not sure how/if to move this to located persons.

TN River Valley News

Breaking News: The Body Of Missing Hardin County Woman Located

Hardin County Sheriff Johnny Alexander confirms the body of Jean Culbertson was located this afternoon.

Alexander says the body was discovered approximately 150 to 200 yards from the Culbertson home.

The sheriff says that a death investigation is ongoing and that the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is working with his department.

This is just so sad to hear. Thank you @Aray for posting that information. RIP Jean, and I hope that whoever did this to you is held responsible.

They are former neighbors, but I did not know them personally. I don't know anything about the family dynamics, but am a little familiar with the property. They have a u-pick blueberry farm, and I have taken my kids there to pick blueberries. It's partially wooded, but there are also hay fields, and a creek that runs the edge of the property by the road and is a common place for people to swim and fish, which we have done many times.

The community center is 10-15 minutes from the property, and would not have had any kind of activity happening. It used to be a school, and it is beside a manned waste convenience center. Her car would have certainly been visible by a lot of people driving by, although not necessarily visible from the convenience center depending on where it was parked. It is very strange to me that her car was at the community center, but she was found on their property.

The identity of the man in the red truck is not known at the moment. Maybe the perp tricked her into believing there was an emergency at home and was planning a burglary? Then why pull her over where they could be seen by witnesses?

Perhaps she tried to get away from the perp? How accessible was the area she was found in? Was her body concealed in any way?

According to the first TN River Valley News article, her husband found her car on his way home. Distance from home is 5-7 miles. It looks like her phone had been disabled, since the husband couldn't reach her.

Another relative has been very talkative on SM from the start.

They are former neighbors, but I did not know them personally. I don't know anything about the family dynamics, but am a little familiar with the property. They have a u-pick blueberry farm, and I have taken my kids there to pick blueberries. It's partially wooded, but there are also hay fields, and a creek that runs the edge of the property by the road and is a common place for people to swim and fish, which we have done many times.

The community center is 10-15 minutes from the property, and would not have had any kind of activity happening. It used to be a school, and it is beside a manned waste convenience center. Her car would have certainly been visible by a lot of people driving by, although not necessarily visible from the convenience center depending on where it was parked. It is very strange to me that her car was at the community center, but she was found on their property.
How far is the Walmart from where her car was left? And what is the relation between the 3 properties? Is White’s Community Center a place she would have logically passed while driving from her home to Walmart? She texted her hub she was on the way to the store, apparently didn’t mention plans to stop by the church/community center.

I'm trying, but can't figure out quotes!

Walmart is 10 minutes from the community center, a little over 6 miles. So the community center is about the halfway point between their property and Walmart. Yes, the only logical option, without going many miles out of your way, to get to Walmart from their property is to pass directly by the community center.

I'm trying, but can't figure out quotes!

Walmart is 10 minutes from the community center, a little over 6 miles. So the community center is about the halfway point between their property and Walmart. Yes, the only logical option, without going many miles out of your way, to get to Walmart from their property is to pass directly by the community center.
I wonder if the red truck guy tried to make her think her tire was flat or something. Or it was a planned stop she didn’t mention to her fam? I wonder if she did activities at that church or center.

To reply to someone, just hit “reply” at the bottom of their post, then scroll down to the typing box at the bottom of each page. WS can be a little quirky at times, but you’ll get used to it!;)

She would have used Highway 203 from East to West to get to Walmart.

Picture by Google Maps

ETA: They must have parked on the School Drive side to be visible to the neighbors across the street.

Attachments

• jean-culbertson.jpg
    jean-culbertson.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I wonder if the red truck guy tried to make her think her tire was flat or something. Or it was a planned stop she didn’t mention to her fam? I wonder if she did activities at that church or center.

There does not ever appear to be much activity at the church, I am not sure if it's even in use. The community center does not have regular activity. It hosts things like tractor shows, a live nativity, a bluegrass festival, and a fish fry. Other than going to the convenience center (the dump, which is only open when manned) or meeting someone there, there would be no real reason to stop there. I have pulled over there a time or two to check my tires or something, but it's not a destination unless there's an activity happening at the community center. Heading towards Walmart, I would almost certainly pull over down Choate Creek or Turkey Creek Rd, and park near where either of those meet School Drive. I agree that the most likely case would be that she was parked near or on School Drive. There are a couple of houses that might be able to see her vehicle from other vantage points, but not as likely with current foliage.

Thanks for the help with replying! I've been a member here for years, but have only lurked, so I'm trying to figure the posting out! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back