Passing of US Supreme Court Justice: Ruth Bader Ginsburg at 87, 18 Sept 2020

RBG was a powerhouse who spoke in slow measured style so no-one could misconstrue her stance. She was a champion for women who put to rest the June Cleaver fantasy that women are defined by marriage and motherhood. I fear a sharp right turn is on the horizon.

You would probably enjoy the RBG movie biography On the Basis of Sex (2018):

The true story of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, her struggles for equal rights, and the early cases of a historic career that lead to her nomination and confirmation as U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice.

On the Basis of Sex (2018) - IMDb

Last edited:
Justice Ginsburg becomes first woman to lie in state at the Capitol

Ginsburg's personal trainer performed pushups at her casket, while opera singer Denyce Graves sang in tribute. GOP leaders McConnell and McCarthy did not attend.

WASHINGTON — Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg became the first woman and first Jewish person to lie in state at the U.S. Capitol as she was honored on Friday.

Lawmakers held a formal ceremony for Ginsburg in National Statuary Hall after her casket arrived on the plaza outside just after 9:45 a.m.

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden and his wife, Jill Biden, were among those who paid their respects. Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., Biden's vice presidential nominee, also attended the ceremony...

I mean, I knew this was coming, after her recent hospitalizations, but it's still a blow. What a tragic circumstance for women, for our country.

Fearless Girl statue in NYC dressed in lace collar to honor Ruth Bader Ginsburg

images

The Fearless Girl statue was erected in the Financial District on International Women's Day in 2017, appearing to stare down the Charging Bull statue. It eventually moved to stand outside the New York Stock Exchange.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Saturday announced that the state would erect a statue of Ginsburg in her birthplace of Brooklyn to “honor the life and legacy” of the justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back