KY - Breonna Taylor, 26, unarmed, fatally shot multiple times by police, Louisville, 13 Mar 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are supposed to be a nation of laws. The Grand Jury has reviewed the evidence and determined the appropriate action.

People who respect the law, will accept that the system fulfilled the process.

Sadly, what we have seen over the past few years from the highest officials in the land, is that the law/justice only pertains to some, and precedent is absolutely not respected. And we've certainly seen overwhelming evidence that our justice system is broken. Whether it will be able to be repaired is the current question.

Sadly, what we have seen over the past few years from the highest officials in the land, is that the law/justice only pertains to some, and precedent is absolutely not respected. And we've certainly seen overwhelming evidence that our justice system is broken. Whether it will be able to be repaired is the current question.
This death of an innocent woman, Breonna Taylor, is a tragedy. Hopefully changes will be made to prevent similar deaths in the future.

I do believe that the Grand Jury got it right in their findings. JMO

Ballistics don't support Cameron claim Breonna Taylor's beau shot cop

The KSP report says “due to limited markings of comparative value,” the 9-mm bullet that hit and exited Mattingly was neither “identified nor eliminated as having been fired” from Walker’s gun.

I find this curious. If all the officers were using a different caliber gun, it would make sense that the only 9mm was Walker's gun. Then, it should be able to be identified as Walker's bullet from his gun. They only found one 9mm, correct? Did they find more than one 9mm? Did someone else on scene fire a 9mm gun? If Hankinson had another issued gun, did he use it? Do the investigators have it?

Can't they fire Walker's gun repeatedly to answer the question if the bullet was his that hit Mattingly? Thus putting an end to the could not be “identified nor eliminated as having been fired” from Walker’s gun.

Seems like we can get that question off the table....

He was trouble at Lexington also.

“Based on my observations and supervision of this officer for the past calendar year, I would not recommend him for reemployment at any time in the future,” McBride wrote in the memo. “Due to his actions in violation of standing orders, refusal to accept supervision, and general poor attitude toward the Division of Police and its commanding staff, I would in fact be strongly against the same.”

Read more here: https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/counties/fayette-county/article244213297.html#storylink=cpy

From that same article:

“Based on my observations and supervision of this officer for the past calendar year, I would not recommend him for reemployment at any time in the future,” McBride wrote in the memo. “Due to his actions in violation of standing orders, refusal to accept supervision, and general poor attitude toward the Division of Police and its commanding staff, I would in fact be strongly against the same.”

Barry Cecil, a captain with the Lexington Police Department at the time, submitted his memo in which he wrote he concurred with McBride and thought “Officer Hankison may be better suited for a larger police agency.”

What does it mean that he would be better suited for a larger police agency? Ughh. It seems another bad cop got passed around.....we see this in a number of cases where we start to see the personnel file. Time for some sunlight on these files.

Kenneth Walker’s lawsuit:

Kenneth Walker "lives in constant fear" since he was wrongfully arrested, he said in a $10.5 million lawsuit alleging malicious prosecution, false arrest and assault. He was defending himself with a licensed firearm when plainclothes police "violently broke down the door," he alleges. The lawsuit cites the "stand your ground" law.

"Kenny was clearly acting in self-defense, that he had every right to do, and they knew that, yet they charged him anyway because if he's convicted it justifies their actions," attorney Steve Romines has said.

Regarding Cameron saying a neighbor corroborates the police account, Steve Romines, Walker’s lawyer said, "There were 12 independent witnesses who said they did not announce that they were police. ... The witness that they say corroborated it, (in) his initial interview with the police he said they did not announce, and police had to interview him multiple times after that to eventually get him to say, 'Yeah, they may have announced,' and he's got a language barrier."

"You don't get to just recklessly shoot bystanders. It's like pulling out a machine gun and wiping out a group of people, saying, 'That guy pulled a gun on me.' You do not get to do that under Kentucky law," Romines said.

Investigations into the Breonna Taylor case are far from over

The KSP report says “due to limited markings of comparative value,” the 9-mm bullet that hit and exited Mattingly was neither “identified nor eliminated as having been fired” from Walker’s gun.

I find this curious. If all the officers were using a different caliber gun, it would make sense that the only 9mm was Walker's gun. Then, it should be able to be identified as Walker's bullet from his gun. They only found one 9mm, correct? Did they find more than one 9mm? Did someone else on scene fire a 9mm gun? If Hankinson had another issued gun, did he use it? Do the investigators have it?

Can't they fire Walker's gun repeatedly to answer the question if the bullet was his that hit Mattingly? Thus putting an end to the could not be “identified nor eliminated as having been fired” from Walker’s gun.

I guess the report refers to the ballistic report & didn't deduce it had to be his gun. It couldn't be identified or eliminated tells me it couldn't be determined through ballistics. jmo

Perhaps the 9mm bullet recovered was too damaged to make a positive match to Walkers gun. He did admit to firing his 9mm thinking that there was an intruder.

It doesn't matter if he hit one of the officers or not. The officers then returned fire in self defense. Simple. It means that both sides acted within the law. JMO

Fact check: Posts with Breonna Taylor 'truths' include misinformation
Several social media posts have posted the "truth" about Breonna Taylor, who was shot during a police raid on her Louisville apartment in March.
We'll assess the truth told in each claim.

Our fact-check sources

Mattingly was shot first. Walket admitted he fired a shot at him. Then all the other shots were fired. There would have been no reason for LE to have fired but for Walker's 'warning shot'.

It sounds to me like there was only one 9mm bullet found. So they had no others to compare it to therefore it had to be Walker's. Maybe the FBI will confirm by doing some ballistic comparisons. Anyway, it seems it doesn't matter whether he was hit or not - they came under fire so could defend themselves.

Last edited:
Mattingly was shot first. Walket admitted he fired a shot at him. Then all the other shots were fired. There would have been no reason for LE to have fired but for Walker's 'warning shot'.

It sounds to me like there was only one 9mm bullet found. So they had no others to compare it to therefore it had to be Walker's. Maybe the FBI will confirm by doing some ballistic comparisons. Anyway, it seems it doesn't matter whether he was hit or not - they came under fire so could defend themselves.

If only one was found and only one 9mm gun, they should be able to say which gun it fired from but they don't. I think there is a question. We can agree to disagree though.

If only one was found and only one 9mm gun, they should be able to say which gun it fired from but they don't. I think there is a question. We can agree to disagree though.

My understanding is, for whatever reason, the ballistic examination could not determine that it came from Walkers gun. It wasn't the labs job to say who all had what weapons. I don't read anything else into the lab report.

I have a question. If it's found that for some unknown reason that officer Mattingly was shot by another officer and not Walker would that change anything in a substantial or meaningful way?

Last edited:
I have a question. If it's found that for some unknown reason that officer Mattingly was shot by another officer and not Walker what would that change anything in a substantial or meaningful way?

It shouldn't. It wouldn't change anything if Mattingly wasn't shot. It's my understanding that by Walker firing first gave the officers the right to return fire. It's my opinion that if it was Glover instead of Walker he would be charged with murder, jmo

It shouldn't. It wouldn't change anything if Mattingly wasn't shot. It's my understanding that by Walker firing first gave the officers the right to return fire. It's my opinion that if it was Glover instead of Walker he would be charged with murder, jmo
What makes you say that? Do you think if Glover shot at a cop during the commission of a felony that would make him guilty of the inadvertent death of a bystander?

Or something else?

What I also find interesting about the comparititive value markings of the 9mm bullet are we to believe that both 9mm would had the exact same kind of bullets?
KY AG has the FBI ballistic report that is the one I want to see it needs to be released.

My understanding is, for whatever reason, the ballistic examination could not determine that it came from Walkers gun. It wasn't the labs job to say who all had what weapons. I don't read anything else into the lab report.
That is the job of the ballistics report and that is why it needs to be released.

Mattingly would have never been shot had a warrant been given with false and old information again that is what started this whole thing in motion. LMPD does not want to admit that mistake because just that is a 4th addment issue with unlawful search and seizure, if that comes into play as it should the whole house of cards will come down as it should.

Mattingly would have never been shot had a warrant been given with false and old information again that is what started this whole thing in motion. LMPD does not want to admit that mistake because just that is a 4th addment issue with unlawful search and seizure, if that comes into play as it should the whole house of cards will come down as it should.
The only thing that's alleged to have been false is the package issue and the remark from the Louisville Postal inspector. The rest of the information was collected during the investigation which positively linked her to Glover and came from surveillance in January and February.

Warrants issued for arrest of Breonna Taylor’s ex-boyfriend amid leaked new documents

Breonna Taylor’s Life Was Changing. Then the Police Came to Her Door.

GPS tracking and surveillance had him picking up packages at her apartment in January multiple times. He was driving her car on video in front of the trap house. She was seen on video in February in front of the trap house. He was using her phone number and address as his own in February. She definitely had knowledge of what he was doing and in terms of time in an investigation, that information isn't old.

The only real issue is the statement from the Postal inspector and even without that, they still had enough information collected during the investigation to justify having a search warrant for her apartment.

One of the biggest issues that has caused problems was that her family didn't know the extent and the timeline of her involvement with Glover and that led to a lot of outrage because as far as they knew, she hadn't been involved with him for quite a while.

The only thing that's alleged to have been false is the package issue and the remark from the Louisville Postal inspector. The rest of the information was collected during the investigation which positively linked her to Glover and came from surveillance in January and February.

Warrants issued for arrest of Breonna Taylor’s ex-boyfriend amid leaked new documents

Breonna Taylor’s Life Was Changing. Then the Police Came to Her Door.

GPS tracking and surveillance had him picking up packages at her apartment in January multiple times. He was driving her car on video in front of the trap house. She was seen on video in February in front of the trap house. He was using her phone number and address as his own in February. She definitely had knowledge of what he was doing and in terms of time in an investigation, that information isn't old.

The only real issue is the statement from the Postal inspector and even without that, they still had enough information collected during the investigation to justify having a search warrant for her apartment.

One of the biggest issues that has caused problems was that her family didn't know the extent and the timeline of her involvement with Glover and that led to a lot of outrage because as far as they knew, she hadn't been involved with him for quite a while.
Thank You I am very aware of the specifics of this case but Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member