Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if something significant has been found where the dogs hit, it might still make sense to have the searchers continue to look and find other supporting evidence around the area - especially since they are all there. MOO.

IMO, there is no way Andy’s heart is softening toward Barry. Andy had to round up 700 volunteers to search for his sister, because “the husband” couldn’t bring himself to do it.

“Too soon,” you see.

<modsnip: Direct accusations are not allowed.>

Barry’s “I love Andy,” and his willingness to finally allow CADAVER dogs onto the family property? Just an attempt to manipulate and control the narrative. See me? I’m a good guy!

Sure, Andy would love to clear Barry, in an ideal world one’s sister isn’t murdered by her forever love.

But Andy won’t sleep tonight because the FBI is holding a probable crime scene, that Andy found himself, where his sister may lay dead, from the hands of another.

No, IMO Barry shattered Andy’s heart. He is there with one mission only: to find his sister, not to rekindle his relationship with Barry.
Still trying to catch up, but, I want to repost this.

Perhaps all of these but if they were scared what were they afraid of and why?

Doing the right thing by staying out? Sorry I don’t buy it.

This is a small town where news travels fast. This has been a high profile case. SM has been missing for 4 months. If it was important to turn over now, it was important to turn over weeks ago.

Then again, maybe these documents have no relevance to the case at all.

In the beginning of the search AM said (on PE?) that the people are nervous or afraid of something.
I can see someone who is local not feeling strong enough to find him/herself in the middle of a criminal case against someone who is perceived to have money and therefore believed to be more influential than themselves. After awhile when all the people came together to search and more info came to light (s)he could finally have felt strong enough to stand up and share the info/documents. Such a behavior is not unheard of in small towns.

It’s also possible they just remembered something which at the time wouldn’t be something obviously important but after hearing some other information or seeing something it clicked and became potentially more suspicious/sinister, worthy of reporting.

Wonderful, if useful, BUT why did it last more than 4 months before someone reached out with such an important document?

MOO I'm guessing it's hard for someone to imagine a tree sales receipt to be linked to a missing person or murder case. If you did not follow true crime cases, it's possible you'd think SM disappeared on a bike ride. [Don't the local banners of SM still show her in bike helmet?] AM's big volunteer search has put the story back in the news and, I believe, has made it clear SM's disappearance could be linked to landscaping. At this point, if I were a nursery owner who'd done business with BM, I might look through my receipts to see when I'd sold trees to him. Then, if I found something around Mother's Day, I'd turn it in. MOO

I agree! I don’t know the significance of these invoices but the delay in turning these over makes no sense. LE has canvassed the area, talked to local businesses, posted fliers. It’s like the Stepford Wives syndrome.

There is a vibe that the scale of this search and outpouring of support seems to have given people the confidence to come forward with new evidence. It makes me wonder if the locals were scared but once they saw the number of other locals that wanted justice, they all started coming forward with new info because they felt safe in doing so.

MOO on the Tree invoices.

-Could it be that other supplies unrelated to a tree install were on that invoice? Say for example LE knew that large quantities of chlorine were involved in the murder but could never track a purchase back to BM. Maybe that’s because BM purchased it through his business and didn’t keep a record of that purchase.

-Maybe that first point is true, but it was also invoiced to a fictitious business name with BM as the contact.

-Maybe someone else that works for BM made the purchase, like CC, and LE has been trying to prove that person has involvement and/or intel.

-Maybe the invoices are proof of a money laundering scheme. Maybe like a $50k invoice for 3 new trees. The person turning over the invoice would certainly be hesitant as it incriminated them in the scheme, so maybe that is the reason for the delay.

What I find strange, correct me if I'm wrong, but iirc there were to be TWO different YouTubers at the search on Sunday, and neither of them did an update yesterday/last night as I had expected and have been doing previously.

Did the searchers have to sign a document that limits their ability to share information if evidence is found?

I'm really hoping for some good news today, just rewatched last nights PE and i may be wrong but i just got the feeling that all of them were actually in the know about the search ect.
Re watching Andy saying the search was carrying on Mike had no real reaction on his face and chris's face lit up like he was waiting for it to be said. I think this was some sort of tactic,
Why? I have absolutely no idea,
but i dont think after everything running with military precision and hundreds of volunteers on their way that PE and the tech guys thought the search was over two days before it was.
I think softening on Barry and making it seem like the search was over was a tactical move, and i believe it must of been for a really good reason to do that and confuse everybody.
When i watch PE i find it interesting to watch Chris face when Mike is talking i think it tells you alot, sometimes Mikes face cracks a little smirk when Chris is talking around something theyre holding close to their chest, but Mikes face was completely straight last night & i think he was poker faced on purpose & listening to make sure Andy and Chris didnt go into whatever it is they know. Just my opinion and a Gut feeling

I recall there have been cases for which LE has not reacted positively when non-LE had attempted to join in the investigation; it will be interesting to witness responses of LE across the country (and/or world) if/when the PE guys attempt to sell the model developed in the SM case (hundreds of amateurs and professionals) to be used in other investigations.

The burgeoning model has proven a worth so far, long before the SM case is resolved. More ground covered, potential evidence gathered, areas and items of interest tagged and logged, photo and document repository, etc.

It seems it should be an easy sell for use in missing persons cases... let's hope LE departments at large are receptive to the idea. It could become a huge business opportunity or a best effort for non-profits.

I agree. Crowdsourcing information -- as long as is origin can be ascertained -- would seem to be a quick yet relatively inexpensive way to cast a wide net when searching for clues in a case. I believe that such crowdsourcing would be of particular assistance when an investigation seems to have gotten "stuck," such as the Delphi case.

I'm very interested to see what happens today with the search teams in light of the two sites of cadaver dog hits. In my experience, if the searches continue, Forensics is still evaluating the two hit sites and/or they are searching for additional artifacts or evidence. If the searches are suddenly suspended and the searches are told to "hold in place", that would be the precursor to recalling the search teams because the missing subject or major evidence has been located. I wonder how many of the searchers are confederates of the actor so he can track them to see how close to the evidence they are. It's not really a bright idea to get caught up in aiding and abetting the actor in a homicide investigation. This then begs the question, why would an innocent individual care where the searchers were looking?

I get the sense that they are being cautiously optimistic that the dog hits are a very strong lead, especially the hit with the two dogs but I think the search needs to go on until they know the outcome of what the dogs have detected because there's no guarantee that this will turn out to be human remains.

Seems they're getting all the troops in order.
Major changes over the weekend:

All the FBI coming in Sat. eve., the unexpected
ending of the search, the change in treatment
of BM, the daughter talking to her Grandpa.
The announcement they tied up the timeline for BM.
You don't call in numerous FBI guys- ON A WEEKEND unless something big is happening.

LE knew something big BEFORE all this took place, IMO.

I suspect they found some bones or hair that lead them to believe it's SM. Maybe her clothes or personal possessions nearby.

<modsnip>
And more search warrants to cover their bases.

stay tuned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really hoping for some good news today, just rewatched last nights PE and i may be wrong but i just got the feeling that all of them were actually in the know about the search ect.
Re watching Andy saying the search was carrying on Mike had no real reaction on his face and chris's face lit up like he was waiting for it to be said. I think this was some sort of tactic,

And....just reading this, Mike is also a speaker. He also seems to be a more serious type of person. But having said that, I still have to wonder if they infact did think Andy was going to stop the search. I do not think for a second that Mike would have told people to unload that program from their phones. Yes, a couple minutes later Andy said it was still on going. But I personally felt like PE felt from everything that has been found that there was no reason to continue.
Why? I have absolutely no idea,
but i dont think after everything running with military precision and hundreds of volunteers on their way that PE and the tech guys thought the search was over two days before it was.
I think softening on Barry and making it seem like the search was over was a tactical move, and i believe it must of been for a really good reason to do that and confuse everybody.
When i watch PE i find it interesting to watch Chris face when Mike is talking i think it tells you alot, sometimes Mikes face cracks a little smirk when Chris is talking around something theyre holding close to their chest, but Mikes face was completely straight last night & i think he was poker faced on purpose & listening to make sure Andy and Chris didnt go into whatever it is they know. Just my opinion and a Gut feeling

The tree paper work could be pretty big. Beyond just the paper work, plant DNA should be able to tie a tree(s) back to the nursery. MOO.
The paperwork May also state time and date ordered, collected, delivered or paid for, which would add to a timeline. Personally and re watching this part of PE and the reactions of CM and MK I do wonder if said paperwork should have actually been spoken about at all.

Just a personal observation nothing more.
MingyMoo

I'm taking a few minutes this morning to check in. With my husband in Colorado I have a little more to do in my day, plus working all day, every day on a repair project. Also, I had a wedding to go to Saturday evening. When I get home and collapse in the Lazyboy after dark it's all I can do to stay awake. I don't even have time to watch PE, so rely on you guys to catch up.

Some of you have wondered about the feelings of the Alexandria community. Lots of people don't know the Moorman's. SM and BM moved to Arcadia shortly after their marriage. SM's mother has been deceased seven years. Gene lives in Michigan. Andy lives in a neighboring small town. The older siblings haven't lived here since high school. People my age (older and didn't know SM) are curious more than anything. People SM and Andy's age are strongly in support of Andy. People who know BM feel he's being framed.

DH really doesn't have anything to add to what you all know. He was touched about the gratitude for walking people to their vehicles. It's 6:45a.m. in Colorado and Tater is still konked out:) Long days for them both.

All MOO btw.

In the beginning of the search AM said (on PE?) that the people are nervous or afraid of something.
I can see someone who is local not feeling strong enough to find him/herself in the middle of a criminal case against someone who is perceived to have money and therefore believed to be more influential than themselves. After awhile when all the people came together to search and more info came to light (s)he could finally have felt strong enough to stand up and share the info/documents. Such a behavior is not unheard of in small towns.

It’s also possible they just remembered something which at the time wouldn’t be something obviously important but after hearing some other information or seeing something it clicked and became potentially more suspicious/sinister, worthy of reporting.

Yes, IIRC it was the woman who was at the hotel who said she was moving and was afraid, and that is the quote / idea that is being repeated as to locals being afraid MOO.

The tree paper work could be pretty big. Beyond just the paper work, plant DNA should be able to tie a tree(s) back to the nursery. MOO.

I've heard of plant DNA identifying such, but not from a specific crop, from a specific nursery as I thought (as a garderner) that they were *clones* and babies from a mother.. Has anyone else and can educate us for such?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77