GUILTY TX - Carla Walker, 17, abducted, raped and strangled, Fort Worth, 17 Feb 1974 *Arrest in 2020*

What’s up with these fathers who lose a child, then take the life of someone else’s child? How does one even arrive at that concept in their brain? Like adding to some other random family’s pain is going to ease their pain. Sick. Grrr.

This perp reminds me of Jonelle Matthew’s murder with that POI Steve Pankey who lost a son.

What’s up with these fathers who lose a child, then take the life of someone else’s child? How does one even arrive at that concept in their brain? Like adding to some other random family’s pain is going to ease their pain. Sick. Grrr.

This perp reminds me of Jonelle Matthew’s murder with that POI Steve Pankey who lost a son.

Wow, Pankey has a very similar profile. The guy was running for governor of Idaho last year when LE decided to investigate him for Jonelle's murder in 1984.

Jonelle Matthews Death With Bizarre Tie to Politician Goes to Grand Jury

In the weeks after his name was publicly linked to the Matthews case, Pankey gave an extensive interview to the Colorado Sun in which he denied any wrongdoing but claimed intersections with several of those in the girl's orbit. Pankey told the Sun that he had been a youth pastor at a church her family attended, and added that he'd later been accused of raping the piano player there.

There's an hour long video of an interview with Pankey at the link. Very arrogant guy. JMO

In this case it was the other way around. After he killed Carla he lost his son. I wonder if he thought about that...

My bad- son’s age was confusing- thanks for catching that. Here’s a better timeline based on that same article.

1943 born Hollis, Ok
1961 Stole 2 cars, Abilene, TX
bowling alley & Colorado City,
TX -Feb
1961 Paroled from Huntsville Prison
-April
???? Married
???? Birth of 1st/2nd son
1964 Son Craig born Midland, TX
1972 Moved to Tarrant Co TX
1974 Murdered Carla, Ft. Worth
-abducted from bowling alley
1988 Son Craig killed in car crash
2020 Arrested for Carla’s murder

So, one son (the one that died) was 8 when Carla was murdered. Oddly, 2 of the 3 crimes LE knows about were initiated from bowling alleys. Is that a bizarre trigger?

For clarity, I didn’t mean GM is a normal guy, just that he’s lived a traditional life. He’s married, 2 kids, stable employment in 1 geographic region for nearly 50 years. He owns at least 2 homes. So primary residence & some sort of investment property. He was active in a church. Seems pretty dang ordinary too me- nothing that stands out. He was 17/18 for car theft & never seemed to go down that path again. What went so deeply wrong on that weekend in 1974 is still an unknown. Imo

Probably just a coincidence and the timing is well off but two places popped out to me on his timeline. Abilene was where orange socks, Debra Jackson, was last sighted before her murder. And walker county Jane doe was found murder in Huntsville, supposedly on route to visit someone in jail, or working/living nearby. Again timeline is out but had to mention it. I wonder if this guy travelled for work, his history shows he would have been familiar with the areas.

Probably just a coincidence and the timing is well off but two places popped out to me on his timeline. Abilene was where orange socks, Debra Jackson, was last sighted before her murder. And walker county Jane doe was found murder in Huntsville, supposedly on route to visit someone in jail, or working/living nearby. Again timeline is out but had to mention it. I wonder if this guy travelled for work, his history shows he would have been familiar with the areas.
I’ve wondered about this. He was working as a truck driver when he killed CW, at least that’s what was reported. I haven’t been able to find if it was short or long haul.

I’ve wondered about this. He was working as a truck driver when he killed CW, at least that’s what was reported. I haven’t been able to find if it was short or long haul.
Oh dear- missed that. Where’s it report about his driving career?

I have been following this case for a couple of years and was so thrilled to see an arrest made. I too and very interested in the trucking career of GM. Wondering short or long-haul as well. Also could be the Bowling Alley situation was one of convenience for the time. A lot of cars at the same place out late...back before Walmarts or any other venues that gathered late at night other than maybe skating rinks or HS football. Bowling Alley was a perfect location for thieving, observing women.

After all these years and healing, the poor boyfriend is dragged down by this scum. I can't imagine being him. Spend all these years trying to move past this then 46 years later the murderer tries to blame you for it happening. The guilt and pain. Ugh.

Hi everyone, there is a really great podcast episode on this case that fills in details and integrates the voices of many folks that were involved:
The Abduction & Murder of Carla Walker: The Impact of the Arrest & Honoring Carla’s Memory

It is produced by Gone Cold Podcast: Texas True Crime. Here is more information on the series:
gone cold podcast - texas true crime
Fantastic work by OTHRAM and staff on this case. Could not have solved it without your process!! Just amazing. I look forward to keeping up with the latest news on more solved cases.

I have been following this case for a couple of years and was so thrilled to see an arrest made. I too and very interested in the trucking career of GM. Wondering short or long-haul as well. Also could be the Bowling Alley situation was one of convenience for the time. A lot of cars at the same place out late...back before Walmarts or any other venues that gathered late at night other than maybe skating rinks or HS football. Bowling Alley was a perfect location for thieving, observing women.
I was wondering about the trucking too. Thought perhaps beverage distributor- would explain deliveries to bowling alleys & other such places. Although it would be very risky to attack someone on-the-job. Would provide familiarity & a level of confidence though.

Can anyone get into the Tarrant County court site? I can't...

Just wondering if there is a court date yet! TIA!

Can anyone get into the Tarrant County court site? I can't...

Just wondering if there is a court date yet! TIA!
There is a Bond Hearing October 14th at 11:00am (YouTube Link Below) From what I understand, officials want to raise his bond, which is currently $100,000.upload_2020-10-12_11-27-19.png
Here is the youtube link to Tarrant County Courts, which was posted on a group I am in by the Admin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUTA8HEinEjqTf5pkXrnwEQ/

Also from the same group: "We can send emails to Judge Elizabeth Beach telling her why we feel the bond should be raised. Not just because we hate what he did, but because of the seriousness of the crime, because of the pain he caused Carlas family, friends and the community. Because he continued to live 2 miles from the place he abducted her for 46 years and never owned up to his crime. A capital crime elisits a higher bail than $100,000. Whatever your thoughts are. These emails need to be sent before Wed morning. Address your email to Judge Elizabeth Beach at this address: KJohnson@tarrantcounty.com
Thank you for your help!" - Group Admin

Thanks a bunch @Turtletxn - can I put your name down in my notes as a "go-to" person for court hearings?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif.pagespeed.ce.NgmNDJ18zj.gif

@Niner - I just checked the Tarrant Co Criminal Court 1 docket again.
So far we are go for Bond Hearing tomorrow at 11am CST.
Will check back in the morning to see if there are any changes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back