Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris discussing arresting bad cops rubbed Mike the wrong way so bad!! That minute or two was so incredibly uncomfortable!

I like the way Chris thinks... but this is NOT the time when they really seem to be not having much response or support from LEAs

I thought today we were finally getting somewhere, but tonight it seems like things have gone totally off the rails.

eta how is it conceivable that zero reporters are on the scene?? This makes no sense to me

So Andy just talked to Chris and LE is not doing any searching. They gave up the area. Andy says he isn’t leaving Salida. Sounds like neither reporters nor the LE in Salida want to help Andy find Suzanne. What is really going on there?

Andy is on his own. He says he is going neighbor to neighbor and contacting the Senator also. I feel awful for him.

I will support LE on this case when they start telling us what is going on. If they won’t cooperate or help Andy, why should we believe them?
I got concerned when a couple tweets today said things were "strange" in this investigation.
<modsnip>
Can this really be happening?
Where's the FBI? I thought they were the good guys.
MassGuy where are you?????

Last edited by a moderator:
So Andy just talked to Chris and LE is not doing any searching. They gave up the area. Andy says he isn’t leaving Salida. Sounds like neither reporters nor the LE in Salida want to help Andy find Suzanne. What is really going on there?

Andy is on his own. He says he is going neighbor to neighbor and contacting the Senator also. I feel awful for him.

I will support LE on this case when they start telling us what is going on. If they won’t cooperate or help Andy, why should we believe them?
Gee, is everyone getting told to go home because there's some kind of huge undercover operation that is deemed more important than some dead woman? o_O What is going on? FBI disappears, cops don't show up to dig, reporters pulled off the case, townspeople scared and intimidated, etc. Note to self: do not retire to Salida.

Does anyone else think the tree is at the beach site, not at Barry's new property?
No, Mike and Chris said LE dropped the beach site, they won’t be searching as it seems to them, they have done nothing there and left it which indicates they've given up chain of command.

They said that Andy is where the DM pics were taken, but they don’t seem to indicate that it’s BMs property, they just keep talking about Andy asking the property owners if he can dig himself and replace trees if they die

Last edited:

Wonder if this is connected to local LE pulling back assistance and support at the last minute when they HAD promised so much help initially.
Something's FISHY in Denmark.

A lot of emotion and ranting from Chris tonight. Clearly he's frustrated at the lack of momentum in these dog hit scenes not being processed yet and is fully exploring and expressing his anger, to what appears to be the chagrin of Mike. Chris is giving examples of how a good defense attorney would be able to easily cross-examine LE, and how bad it would look if LE did not process the scene and did not maintain chain-of-custody of any scene.

There is so much drama going on that they needed to bump their planned guest to another night. Chris directed locals to go take as many pictures as they can of the beach site and any of the sites and upload those into the "evidence room" section of the P.E. site. Mike looked a bit pained at that suggestion and reminded people, whatever you do, please, do not trespass!

IMO

Last edited:
So I know most people on here are fans of Sheriff S and his team. And thinks that he’s just “holding his cards close to his chest”.

-But remember LS’s report of them
not getting the security video from Poncha Market
-Asking neighbors to hold onto video for certain dates...but WAY after it could have been potentially already deleted
-And now this?

I hate to be a naysayer. But is it possible that the Sheriffs office is just doing a really terrible job with this investigation , due to budget issues, COVID, or something more sketchy?

how do we know BM isn't gonna accuse AM of doing something hinky at that site?
I can just hear the defense attorney now.
"So, Detective xx who was protecting the site after the dogs hit and for how long was this
layman there at the site?"

was that some kind of joke?
No IMO- they said Andy has the money to dig three holes ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305