Deceased/Not Found UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 Jul 2020 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dive team return to Cowbit in search for missing teenager

"Police say they are continuing to search the Cowbit area and are likely to be there for another week."

That was from the 25th.

I keep thinking back to Libby Squire and how the police kept returning to that particular park/grassland area in Hull, yet of course her body was found eventually in the Humber Estuary.

I wonder if it was near this Cowbit that it is alleged BW fled out of the car?

I keep thinking back to Libby Squire and how the police kept returning to that particular park/grassland area in Hull, yet of course her body was found eventually in the Humber Estuary.

I wonder if it was near this Cowbit that it is alleged BW fled out of the car?

The area is so remote that had they said she fled at cowbit the first question the police would have asked would have been “And you left her there”

I was talking to colleagues the other day about the government track and trace app, I said my mobile tracks me anyway and continued to show them how deep within our iPhone settings my phone has every location I’ve visited and how many times I visited said locations, Neither had a clue there phone could do that which makes me wonder if ScW and SaW knew how accurately there phones could track them.

I wonder if SaW or SW have told police the location of the body, or at least where they placed it. If, for example it was in the water, they may have told police this, but the passage of time means the body has floated away/sank under considerably since first being placed there.

I can't stop thinking about her and wishing for news every day. I cannot imagine how the siblings and everyone who cared for her must be feeling waiting for news. It must be excruciating. I just pray they do find her and this isn't a case like Sarah Wellgreen where her children had no funeral :(

My gut tells me there is either (like in the S Wellgreen case) CCTV evidence of the car in the Cowbit area, or phone pings. I'd like to hope one of the parents, if responsible are giving some information too. I also feel that the parents heavy social media use could well be their downfall. I would imagine the police have a wealth of information to sift through based on how active they both were on there. I wonder if SaW (assuming she was complicit), perhaps doesn't know BWs 'location'. Not that I can fathom a mother being involved in any way, but if she was I find it so hard to imagine she knows her resting place and isn't saying. JMO.

I can't stop thinking about her and wishing for news every day. I cannot imagine how the siblings and everyone who cared for her must be feeling waiting for news. It must be excruciating. I just pray they do find her and this isn't a case like Sarah Wellgreen where her children had no funeral :(

My gut tells me there is either (like in the S Wellgreen case) CCTV evidence of the car in the Cowbit area, or phone pings. I'd like to hope one of the parents, if responsible are giving some information too. I also feel that the parents heavy social media use could well be their downfall. I would imagine the police have a wealth of information to sift through based on how active they both were on there. I wonder if SaW (assuming she was complicit), perhaps doesn't know BWs 'location'. Not that I can fathom a mother being involved in any way, but if she was I find it so hard to imagine she knows her resting place and isn't saying. JMO.

I wonder perhaps in their naivety they think it’ll be harder to find them guilty if no body is found and is why they’re not forthcoming with where her body is.

I still think this is an accident gone wrong as they appear doting parents based on photos on social media. But this could be false image obviously. Then you question why they’d not report it as such if it was an accident. I just find it hard to imagine they’ve been evil cold killing murderers with so much to lose given the other children they have and particularly a new baby who needs it’s Mum.

Someone had mentioned previously about ScW potentially drug taking or perhaps dealing. I wonder if it’s linked to this with Bernadette saying she’d expose this and therefore risk the other children being taken off them. Seems extreme though.

I'm not sure if I'm quoting properly, I'm so new at this so I apologise. Those are my feelings too that this is most likely an accident. I wonder if perhaps she got hit by the car and that some elements are true. Possibly the car was taken in for repairs or something obvious that sounded the alarm. I think you're right and they mistakingly believe it can't be proven without a body. Only recently it seems the law has changed on this. I wonder if they've been advised to not comment, but you'd think maternal instinct would take over and the truth would come out. I cannot understand why you wouldn't confess to an accident though, however horrific. But, I suppose people do strange things in a panic.

I'm less sure of ScW and wonder if there is a deeper motive with him from what I've seen on SM. I find it very hard to believe that SaW calculated and plotted her daughter's murder for the same reason as you. Of course, it could all be an image. What strikes me is they both seem a very needy couple. Codependent almost. That bond may last for now, but when the plea hearing starts I wonder if more will emerge. Will they be so protective of each other then? They seemed to be trying to prove their love for each other on their social media in a possessive sort of way (IMO).

Yes, I feel the drug theory would be a little extreme and it makes me lean more towards an accident. Or, potentially a more sinister case of abuse being exposed, which IMO is more likely to lead to the children being taken. A friend of mine was abused by her father and her mother could not believe it initially until proven in court. She had no idea this had been happening under her roof. The father got sent to prison and my friend eventually forgave her mum for not noticing. That's the only thing I can really think of that would lead to such an extreme act, but again it's all just speculation at this point.

I wonder perhaps in their naivety they think it’ll be harder to find them guilty if no body is found and is why they’re not forthcoming with where her body is.

I still think this is an accident gone wrong as they appear doting parents based on photos on social media. But this could be false image obviously. Then you question why they’d not report it as such if it was an accident. I just find it hard to imagine they’ve been evil cold killing murderers with so much to lose given the other children they have and particularly a new baby who needs it’s Mum.

Someone had mentioned previously about ScW potentially drug taking or perhaps dealing. I wonder if it’s linked to this with Bernadette saying she’d expose this and therefore risk the other children being taken off them. Seems extreme though.

I'm not sure if I'm quoting properly, I'm so new at this so I apologise. Those are my feelings too that this is most likely an accident. I wonder if perhaps she got hit by the car and that some elements are true. Possibly the car was taken in for repairs or something obvious that sounded the alarm. I think you're right and they mistakingly believe it can't be proven without a body. Only recently it seems the law has changed on this. I wonder if they've been advised to not comment, but you'd think maternal instinct would take over and the truth would come out. I cannot understand why you wouldn't confess to an accident though, however horrific. But, I suppose people do strange things in a panic.

I'm less sure of ScW and wonder if there is a deeper motive with him from what I've seen on SM. I find it very hard to believe that SaW calculated and plotted her daughter's murder for the same reason as you. Of course, it could all be an image. What strikes me is they both seem a very needy couple. Codependent almost. That bond may last for now, but when the plea hearing starts I wonder if more will emerge. Will they be so protective of each other then? They seemed to be trying to prove their love for each other on their social media in a possessive sort of way (IMO).

Yes, I feel the drug theory would be a little extreme and it makes me lean more towards an accident. Or, potentially a more sinister case of abuse being exposed, which IMO is more likely to lead to the children being taken. A friend of mine was abused by her father and her mother could not believe it initially until proven in court. She had no idea this had been happening under her roof. The father got sent to prison and my friend eventually forgave her mum for not noticing. That's the only thing I can really think of that would lead to such an extreme act, but again it's all just speculation at this point.

My only thinking with the abuse theory is when ScW would have had alone time with Bernadette. I know they went to college together so may have shared lifts but at home, in such a busy household would have been hard if not impossible you would have thought. I’m not sure if Sarah worked but having had baby’s and young toddlers to look after I’m guessing not.

yes some interesting comments there. beginning to form new opinions now based on some of that as it changes a few things for me!

seems like the police have some info to be working with too. The area they are searching is a lot of ground to cover, wondering why no search dogs involved?

yes some interesting comments there. beginning to form new opinions now based on some of that as it changes a few things for me!

seems like the police have some info to be working with too. The area they are searching is a lot of ground to cover, wondering why no search dogs involved?
I thought that about the dogs? Surely they’d need them?
The comments are very interesting indeed.

Yes, a couple of things there that are interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288