Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
So good to see the feds on that site, ready to begin processing today. Nothing ever seems to happen instantaneously in criminal cases, as I learned far too many times over the years. It's also why I believed it would take a couple days from the time of the dog hits (which happened on Sunday) to getting resources, legal, and everything arranged for action.

And, bonus, at least no one can accuse LE of ignoring >1 cadaver dog hits on the site. Dogs are the best of the best IMO. (no shade intended to anyone's pet of any other type)

Last edited:
Appalling that DM is the only media source today!!
I think most people would rather this part gets little or no press. It is ghoulish, wanting to watch them dig up remains, and no LE that I have ever heard wants this to be public. I feel horrible for her family that this is getting photographed as it happens. Can you imagine?

About ten years ago, I rented a bobcat to help plant some trees on my property. I had to do a mechanical thingy in order to attach an auger which I used to drill holes. There are attachments that can be added in order to easily and quickly dig 10 foot holes 15 inches in diameter (across). A five foot tall object could be buried 10 feet deep and covered with five feet of soil, which theoretically a tree could be planted on top of. Just sayin. For myself, after digging maybe 3 foot holes, I planted my trees and had to do another mechanical thingy to remove the auger and put the bucket back on the bobcat.

I think most people would rather this part gets little or no press. It is ghoulish, wanting to watch them dig up remains, and no LE that I have ever heard wants this to be public. I feel horrible for her family that this is getting photographed as it happens. Can you imagine?

Exactly! Praying for her family. This has got to be excruciating.

I’m curious if PE’s tone may change in their next Livestream now that FBI / CBI is searching and on scene. Chris was understandably angry at apparent lack of action but Mike seemed to continually try to pull Chris back from bashing LE, either he was really hopeful something like this would occur in the morning or he felt that bashing the law enforcement may not ultimately look good or really help Andy to get more support from them. Or all of the above. JMO.

Good cop/bad cop looks weird on Zoom. It made me chuckle a little every time Mike’s eyes got wide when Chris was going off last night.

So here we go. It’s almost as if it takes time to get a warrant, assemble multiple agencies, close off roads, and bring in the equipment to properly do this.

No, this wasn’t the result of a pressure campaign, but it looks to be the result of what Andy’s team found.

Massguy is getting excited again!

If your excited then so am I. :)

That is all anyone has really asked of them. Just take the searcher's seriously about any items and places they think are important, check them out thoroughly, and if they end up being nothing, then just communicate that back and we can cross it off our list till the next time something comes up.

Thanks Colorado LE and FBI. We the public just get impatient sometimes because the information highway moves like lightning and we get ahead of ourselves sometimes.
JMO

Yes, it's awful. I will never forget the discovery of Sandra Cantu.....in full aerial view.

As excited as I am, I think it’s important to manage expectations here.

Just because dogs hit there, doesn’t mean that Suzanne is in fact there.

We all remember how big a letdown that 3 day search of the construction site ended up being.

or the old "good cop" "bad cop" - literally? I think they accomplished bringing attention to this search - what else? I'm not sure - but social media can be a double edged sword IMO. I watched the presser of the young 19 year old mother found murdered and the LE (chief?) who spoke was visibly pained by the rumors on SM. Her husband is in jail on other charges - poor girl nearly got away.
JMO
Oh this has had our attention for months! If anything, they caused a lot of us to lose much needed sleep.

As excited as I am, I think it’s important to manage expectations here.

Just because dogs hit there, doesn’t mean that Suzanne is in fact there.

We all remember how big a letdown that 3 day search of the construction site ended up being.

This. I’ve pumped the brakes so much I can smell the burning rubber. I’m such a pessimist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88