Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
As excited as I am, I think it’s important to manage expectations here.

Just because dogs hit there, doesn’t mean that Suzanne is in fact there.

We all remember how big a letdown that 3 day search of the construction site ended up being.
Thanks MassGuy. I think I am going to lose sleep again tonight. All I can hope is that the perp is going to lose a lot of sleep also!

I’m curious if PE’s tone may change in their next Livestream now that FBI / CBI is searching and on scene. Chris was understandably angry at apparent lack of action but Mike seemed to continually try to pull Chris back from bashing LE, either he was really hopeful something like this would occur in the morning or he felt that bashing the law enforcement may not ultimately look good or really help Andy to get more support from them. Or all of the above. JMO.
In fairness, I think Chris's vitriol was more pointed at the Sheriff's office than the FBI/CBI, but I can't blame him for getting riled up after that statement by the Sheriff's office yesterday.

I think most people would rather this part gets little or no press. It is ghoulish, wanting to watch them dig up remains, and no LE that I have ever heard wants this to be public. I feel horrible for her family that this is getting photographed as it happens. Can you imagine?

Definitely!
Although if she were my family member missing since May 9th I’d think some action would be hopeful for receiving answers

In fairness, I think Chris's vitriol was more pointed at the Sheriff's office than the FBI/CBI, but I can't blame him for getting riled up after that statement by the Sheriff's office yesterday.
That statement merely said that Suzanne had not been found, as the Daily Mail seemed to imply. It didn’t mean they had searched and determined quickly that Suzanne wasn’t there, as Chris seemed to believe.

Turns out they obviously already had a plan in the works, and didn’t want to release that.

Chris should know better than anyone that law enforcement can’t just go grab their shovels and start digging.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

So here we go. It’s almost as if it takes time to get a warrant, assemble multiple agencies, close off roads, and bring in the equipment to properly do this.

No, this wasn’t the result of a pressure campaign, but it looks to be the result of what Andy’s team found.

Massguy is getting excited again!

The whole reason for yesterdays big blow up on PE was the fact that the site or sites were left unsecured.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anybody wants to see them dig up remains per say, i think people just want confirmation and closure for the family and it just so happens that the quickest way we are going to get that right now is by potential photo's that may be posted before LE releases any official statements.

As excited as I am, I think it’s important to manage expectations here.

Just because dogs hit there, doesn’t mean that Suzanne is in fact there.

We all remember how big a letdown that 3 day search of the construction site ended up being.
Yes, I am wondering if the bobcat was used in multiple places after holding her body? once by the river beach, property they are at now - and the house where they dug up the foundation?

timing seems off though - isn't that scent given after 10 or so hours of decomp?
JMO

I’m curious if PE’s tone may change in their next Livestream now that FBI / CBI is searching and on scene. Chris was understandably angry at apparent lack of action but Mike seemed to continually try to pull Chris back from bashing LE, either he was really hopeful something like this would occur in the morning or he felt that bashing the law enforcement may not ultimately look good or really help Andy to get more support from them. Or all of the above. JMO.

unfortunately, i don't think we are getting a PE tonight. although, i gotta say, that is AWESOME for me. i have been waking up at 2 am since last thurs night to hear the updates, and report to websleuths. lol! so maybe, just maybe, i can sleep a full night tonight! :D

please let this be it!! i'm feeling so hopeful!

I was just about to say they’re taking photos so that must mean there’s something with photographing.
I think they’re taking pictures of spots the dogs hit and things they anticipate moving/ digging up.

I think it’ll be a long time before they actually start the removal of rocks and then digging. And that will likely also take a long time to be really careful to avoid obscuring any evidence. Moo

That statement merely said that Suzanne had not been found, as the Daily Mail seemed to imply. It didn’t mean they had searched and determined quickly that Suzanne wasn’t there, as Chris seemed to believe.

Turns out they obviously already had a plan in the works, and didn’t want to release that.

Chris should know better than anyone that law enforcement can’t just go grab their shovels and start digging.

His argument was that the site was left unsecured and he told AM to stay there and watch it after AM called him asking what he should do. It did not look like LE had any intentions of doing anything at all.

So here we go. It’s almost as if it takes time to get a warrant, assemble multiple agencies, close off roads, and bring in the equipment to properly do this.

No, this wasn’t the result of a pressure campaign, but it looks to be the result of what Andy’s team found.

Thanks for keeping us steady! I just love it when MassGuy gets excited.

I guess I am just astounded that all local properties owned by Barry hadn't been thoroughly searched before.

Maybe. But I think it was GK who thought it could have been for the show to come off that way on purpose. Chris talked to Andy right before the show and he was hurting for Andy and that’s ok with me.

Thanks for keeping us steady! I just love it when MassGuy gets excited.
Ha! I should probably put it in context.

Before Andy’s search began, I pegged his chance of success at about 2-5%. It was a huge long shot.

Now I think the odds may be a few times that. I still think it’s more probable than not that Suzanne is not there, but there’s hope.

"plot of land owned by Suzanne Morphew's husband"

If that doesn't send off loud bells, I don't know what would. He didn't own that plot of land until 6/24/20. (assuming for a moment she is found there) What that means is that if he's going to suggest some random abductor took her May 10, how would random abductor know to discard Suzanne at a plot BM would eventually buy 45 days later?

Where exactly are they? I don't remember seeing that house in the short video uploaded a couple of days ago of a couple who drove through the subdivision. This house looks much older. I'll try to find the video.

The truck in the background of the tweet says Kaess. If you try this link you can google drive around there. You will see signs for Kaess Contracting.
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.5488958,-106.0288699,3a,15y,179.15h,84.74t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1syQVZjmW1oyVKLtgMRTMmAA!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo0.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DyQVZjmW1oyVKLtgMRTMmAA%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D78.46538%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en-us

I
MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members