Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have 2 areas of interest on same property?

This is the large dirt mound, and what about the tree?

I really have no confidence the dirt mound itself is relevant. Obviously that dirt would end up being moved during the construction process, and Suzanne would end up being found.

I just don’t see it.

That statement merely said that Suzanne had not been found, as the Daily Mail seemed to imply. It didn’t mean they had searched and determined quickly that Suzanne wasn’t there, as Chris seemed to believe.

Turns out they obviously already had a plan in the works, and didn’t want to release that.

Chris should know better than anyone that law enforcement can’t just go grab their shovels and start digging.

YA THINK??????????

And, YES.
I'm going to say, "I told you so."
Repeatedly.
Because I am "that" person.

J.M.O.I.T.Y.S.

Last edited:
As excited as I am, I think it’s important to manage expectations here.

Just because dogs hit there, doesn’t mean that Suzanne is in fact there.
We all remember how big a letdown that 3 day search of the construction site ended up being.

BBM - one hundred percent correct.
This is the Longhorn site. Not where Andy was last night at the tree. Andy was at a private area according to PE. Hopefully CBI is there also.

IIRC in the pics showing the GSD cadaver dog sniffing the ground at the spot where it's said the dog alerted, that spot was flat, behind some boulders in the picture shown (DM and shown on PE during one of their live streams).

"plot of land owned by Suzanne Morphew's husband"

If that doesn't send off loud bells, I don't know what would. He didn't own that plot of land until 6/24/20. (assuming for a moment she is found there) What that means is that if he's going to suggest some random abductor took her May 10, how would random abductor know to discard Suzanne at a plot BM would eventually buy 45 days later?
Good question for a prosecutor to ask a jury. :D

That statement merely said that Suzanne had not been found, as the Daily Mail seemed to imply. It didn’t mean they had searched and determined quickly that Suzanne wasn’t there, as Chris seemed to believe.

Turns out they obviously already had a plan in the works, and didn’t want to release that.

Chris should know better than anyone that law enforcement can’t just go grab their shovels and start digging.
I think it just could have been worded differently. Or more artfully. It sort of came off as "nothing to see here." Something to the effect of, we are investigating the matter, would have been better IMO. But all's fair in love and war and homicide investigations and the important thing is that the FBI and CBI are there and digging/processing.

BTW, fellow Masshole here transplanted to Chicago. I can't look at Brady in a Bucs uniform.

I really have no confidence the dirt mound is relevant. Obviously that dirt would end up being moved during the construction process, and Suzanne would end up being found.

I just don’t see it.

I do. That mound would probably not be moved until next year, winter is coming and I doubt they would start construction on a house before next spring. Maybe prep work, which would allow him to be working on the property. He could use that opportunity to move her somewhere else. I don't think this is where he intended to leave her, just a temporary place. MOO

Here is a Google Earth Aerial View of the land containing the Longhorn Subdivision, with BM's lot outlined in red. This is just a higher shot of the same picture that I posted in the last thread, except that I turned on the Google "Historic Views" feature to get the prior view dated October 13, 2015. The current image is dated October 5, 2019.
Note that the streets were cut, lot corner posts were added, the fencing was removed, and six piles of boulders were dumped in the time span between the two shots. There are two darker spots in BM's land that I cannot identify as boulder dumps, but it doesn't matter.
The picture posted a while ago on PE CM's Twitter clearly shows a truck in the background with the KARSS logo. That is the company who owns the property and building directly north in my Google Earth shots. The LE in that picture are examining ONE of those rock dumps (pointed out by another poster in the prior thread), that are not on BM's land and have been there for at least eleven months. That's seven months before SM disappeared, and nine months before BM bought that lot........minimum.
IMO

both pictures were produced entirely in Google Earth with no external editing or alteration

Attachments

• Longhorn Sub October 2015.jpg
    Longhorn Sub October 2015.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 228
  • Longhorn Sub October 2019.jpg
    Longhorn Sub October 2019.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 202
Yes, I am wondering if the bobcat was used in multiple places after holding her body? once by the river beach, property they are at now - and the house where they dug up the foundation?

timing seems off though - isn't that scent given after 10 or so hours of decomp?
JMO

At least. (Provisos below). Most sources say 3-4 days.

However...blood decomposes too. If there were any significant amount of human blood/tissue on the Bobcat, then it would decompose and dogs could smell it later.

Here's a study of the blood of diabetic patients with necrotic feet. It shows that cadaverine was already present in the blood of these living people - prior to their amputations. The goal of the study was to show that scientific measurement could assess necrosis early on:

Europe PMC

So, yeah. If there were any significant amount of blood on the Bobcat, it would originally have been fresh - but then, as I understand it, it would putrefy. Here's an even better article on how cadaver dogs are "blood sniffing" dogs, as the cadaverine training leads them to hit on decomposing blood:

The influence of ageing and surface type on the odour profile of blood-detection dog training aids

I really have no confidence the dirt mound is relevant. Obviously that dirt would end up being moved during the construction process, and Suzanne would end up being found.

I just don’t see it.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean they were searching the dirt mound
I apologize for not clarifying. They are at the rocks by the dirt mound, that's correct???
The DM showed a dog hit with the picture of handler by a dirt mound at some rocks. Then we seen a tree with rocks around base that dogs hit also.

ETA: about dirt pile: not unless there's a tank is under that dirt pile, moo

Last edited:
I really have no confidence the dirt mound itself is relevant. Obviously that dirt would end up being moved during the construction process, and Suzanne would end up being found.

I just don’t see it.

I was thinking the same thing about any mound of soil or rocks that are above the ground. Surely any perp would know the mound would eventually be used or flattened out.

Unless it was a quick disposal due to time constraints by someone in a hurry and someone who may have been in negotiations for buying that exact parcel.

Im currently wondering more about the evergreen tree site with the rocks positioned that looked like a grave marking.

Lets just hope they find some evidence soon. That would be wonderful if they do so they can further the case.
JMO

so - the press releases may have been revised to remove his name because he physically isn't there - and how long has this been going on and was there an absence of leadership during this time frame and that is why it seems no communication and a bit of chaos these past few days regarding the search?
JMO
Good question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads