Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know it really struck me as gratuitous and tone deaf - just uncalled for
I wouldn't blame LE if they were actually annoyed. They were put under a spotlight, and people who know nothing about the investigation jumped to the conclusion that they weren't doing their jobs. It's not their fault that details about the investigation were leaked to the media. They have been relentless in protecting the integrity of this investigation.

This is why it's so important to keep information from the public. I bet the perp is feeling pretty satisfied right now with all the criticism of LE. He depends on it to justify his claims that LE has completely botched the investigation. He knew SM's body was not going to be found where they were searching and all it did was feed his ego.

Even if LE does eventually make an arrest, with all the information that has come out in the last month, it may be very difficult to guarantee a fair trial at this point.

IMO

Yes - I understand entirely if they were angry and frustrated. I saw multiple people comment on their press releases talking about how dare they don’t spend money for an adult but if a child was lost they’d be fine by now or other equally angered comments ....that seemed to now all be over a lot of nothing.
PE and Mike especially seem trying to soften the blow of their words last night which, despite him reiterating their intentions, painted law enforcement over there with a bad brush.

also - pure speculation in my part but based on how Mike spoke last night and so far today I think he genuinely feels bad for seeing the effects of what some of the rhetoric last night called. (I’m sure Chris feels bad too, based on his tweets earlier already discussed)

I'm trying to decide which will be the least anxiety producing for me to watch...the PE recap or the Presidential debates. ;)
Same! I’m having wine! I’m still praying for the families especially the daughters. If we think we have it bad living in this Covid nightmare what must those two precious daughters be dealing with? Bless them all. I remain concerned about their safety and well being. Love to all of you tonight!

I think this might be a case of the right name, wrong place! There is a ranch owned by people with that surname, but believe the CMU prof. is unrelated.

This, in fact, was why I was picking my archeologist friend's brain earlier!
That's the danger of google!

Thanks for updating information:) (so politely!)

Volunteer search for Suzanne Morphew concludes: Sheriff says “this investigation continues to move forward” | FOX21 News Colorado

by: Lauren Scharf

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 / 05:38 PM MDT / Updated: Sep 29, 2020 / 05:38 PM MDT

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — Over the past several days, the brother of a missing woman, Suzanne Morphew has searched thousands of miles for his sister. The private search led by Andrew Moorman with hundreds of volunteers concluded Tuesday.

Morphew was reported missing on May 10 – Mother’s Day, after not returning home from a solo-bike ride.

As reported previously, the law enforcement team responded to collect several pieces of possible evidence found by the searchers across the county from September 24-29, and Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze said they will continue to follow-up to determine if there is any connection to Suzanne’s disappearance.

Also this week, members of the law enforcement task force responded to the report of human remains trained dogs “alerting” on three separate properties in Chaffee County. To clarify, none of these properties are owned by members of the Morphew family.

One of the locations investigated by the task force was along the Arkansas River in the county. The dog handler used on that private property was interviewed by the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and explained that the dogs did not “alert” to anything on the property but did show interest. Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office said their team obtained consent from the property owner, and after further investigation, including working with the private human remains dogs on the property, it was determined this was not a viable lead in this case.

[..]

The Suzanne Morphew Missing Person Investigative Task Force say they remain dedicated to determining what happened to Suzanne.

“The level of commitment from the entire team from the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, CBI and FBI investigators is unprecedented and unparalleled,” said Sheriff John Spezze. “While the public may not see all of the effort being put forth in this case, I can assure the community that this investigation continues to move forward.”

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office is dedicated to assigning financial and staffing resources to this case, as leads continue to be extensively followed up on by investigators.

Officially heading to Sweet Cow Creamery ... Relapse!!!! Anyone care to join me?

The overwhelming emotion that I feel right now is anger, agitation... Suzanne is somewhere all alone. She deserves so much better. She was a kind, good, caring person. I can sense that from her pics. He on the other hand is probably celebrating with a BBQ tonight... with his crew and Jif... Yes, agitated and very angry. :(
Hey....be careful....Boulder is freaking cesspool of covid right now, CU has had a MASS outbreak, over a thousand. If you see a college student, RUN. They’re supposed to be quarantining and I heard the situation may be improving, just sayin.

You deserve it, just please be careful.

eta/reference:

BBM:
Colorado coronavirus: Here's the latest outbreak data | 9news.com

“COLORADO, USA — There are 39 active coronavirus outbreaks at schools, colleges and child care centers in Colorado, according to the latest data released from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE).

The largest is at the University of Colorado-Boulder (CU-Boulder), with 1,198 confirmed, cumulative student cases and 12 among staff members. There have been 57 total outbreaks and 1,499 total confirmed cases, tied to school, college and child care outbreaks.

A total of 23 cases have also been linked to the Cameron Peak Fire response in Larimer County, according to the data.“

[...]

“There are active outbreaks of COVID-19 at 13 K-12 schools across Colorado, according to the latest data from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE).“

18 to 22-year-olds banned from gathering in Boulder, Colorado, after coronavirus surge
Nearly 80 percent of recent coronavirus cases in the city were affiliated with students at the University of Colorado-Boulder.

Last edited:
If Lauren is permitted back on the story, that’s good news.
I’m still totally confused on her absence. We live in the USA for Pete’s sake! How can this happen here especially with all the fake news that’s published every day? Hoping she is just off the radar and will be first to make a positive news headline soon!

Officially heading to Sweet Cow Creamery ... Relapse!!!! Anyone care to join me?

The overwhelming emotion that I feel right now is anger, agitation... Suzanne is somewhere all alone. She deserves so much better. She was a kind, good, caring person. I can sense that from her pics. He on the other hand is probably celebrating with a BBQ tonight... with his crew and Jif... Yes, agitated and very angry. :(
100%.

<modsnip> I will just say here that I am glad they have issued their statement and I am happy with it as a report of events. I am saddened that its contents are not a positive outcome for Andy, poor man. His family will be so proud of him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve never heard it but love some classical music on a crisp, cool fall morning. I will look into adding it to my Spotify tomorrow. Saddens me enormously to recall listening to Vivaldi’s Four Seasons while pregnant with both kiddos. Wonder if Suzanne had favorites she too played for her miracle girls?
You, my friend, have excellent taste. I'll add to the WS music thread now.

ETA: add link
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...rability-justice.484523/page-14#post-16388743

Last edited:
Andy on PE.... one person did this. No witnesses. There may be no body, damn it pains me to say that. But every tip ... together... becomes a body. ....this will go to trial.

Paraphrased....

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members