GUILTY WA - Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, pregnant, found deceased, Parkland, 25 Aug 2020 *Arrest* #2

The only man I knew who was like this faced some terrible abuse as a child. Plus an ultra conservative community. He wouldn’t talk about it in detail, but I think abused by father and hated mother for not protecting him. I think he considered the mother a floozy/druggie/*advertiser censored* who abandoned him. Which somehow fed into the male leads and woman is servant baptist doctrine he was raised in. Plus added that he didn’t want children because couldn’t trust he would be a good parent. Because of the abuse and the poor models I think, plus some fears about the genes he passed along. I guess it was an overwhelming fear of recreating the pain he experienced. So anyway, JMO that is one of the models that can lead to a man who says stuff like CD did about women and babies. I’m sure there are others.
Hmmmm, thought-provoking post @MoeInVA. Thinking about the feelings and the fear your friend/acquaintance had experienced -- he certainly dreaded it when he was a victim, and it hurt so much, he didn't want to take a chance that he could be that way, too. What a horrible wound and burden he must have carried.
I don't know if that's what we have here -- IMO, I don't think so, but I don't know the guy and I've fortunately never been in a situation like that -- it's worth consideration.

Regarding the charges I too am curious why there aren't other charges related to desecration of a corpse since she was reported to be found in garbage bags, if I'm not mistaken. Or obstruction of justice by impeding the investigation.

There would be a lot more of those charges if so, seeing as many murder victims are found wrapped in trash bags...I think some sort of mutilation to the body has to take place for that charge...jmo.

I finally looked at the real estate pics of CD property on Redfin. When purchased in 2014 the basement was finished, carpeted, neatly painted. This really surprised me. Not an ideal location for a bloody crime. Wonder if LE found more evidence at the scene or more evidence of cover up of the scene than they detailed in the probable cause affidavit. Not sure where the sealant fits into this scene. Also from pics, maybe it was a hangout spot KC would willingly go. Changed my perspective a bit. JMO

Thoughts with KC’s family as this terrible outcome continues to sink in.

when I hear plural "garbage bags" I think of multiple layers to keep fluids and smell in for longer. :(

I used to think the opposite (dismemberment and separate bags) until a different case on here last year.
moo

I noticed there have been updates to Colin Dudley's attorneys (they are still assigned):

Attorneys

Defe Gaurav Sharma Pierce County Dept of Assigned Counsel LEAD COUNSEL
Defe David M Katayama Pierce County Dept of Assigned Counsel CO COUNSEL

There have been a few more filings uploaded as well.

Pierce County Superior Court Criminal Case 20-1-02383-5

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 8.52.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 8.52.26 AM.png
    608.9 KB · Views: 19
when I hear plural "garbage bags" I think of multiple layers to keep fluids and smell in for longer. :(

I used to think the opposite (dismemberment and separate bags) until a different case on here last year.
moo

It could still be both :(.

Something that didnt hit me until last night - She was identified by a tattoo and dental records. Either the decomp was that advanced, or the multiple skull fractures wasn't from falling down the stairs but getting her head crushed by an object or bashed into a table.

I think that the next 2 months are going to be a bad waiting game as we wait to see how court goes.

JMO..Washington State is one of the worst states for victims due to their laws. Look at the case of Ingrid Lyne:
Death of Ingrid Lyne - Wikipedia

Appearing in a King County courtroom on Monday, October 2, 2017, Charlton pled guilty to all charges against him, including the murder and dismemberment of Lyne.[21]

On January 5, 2018, Charlton was sentenced to 27 years and 9 months in prison, the punishment recommended by prosecutors.[22]

:(

The GF may not have known at the time, but you’d think she would have left the house or kicked out CD after the search warrants were executed on September 1st. At that point, she knew he was a very serious POI. At that point, she could have put that together with the security camera nonsense the same day KC went missing and other weird things like the basement project.
At that point they both made their Facebook profiles more “private”

I think he had already had a conversation about aborting the baby. He had already put his plan in motion before she even got to his house. He was prepared.

I think she told him earlier. Maybe she gave him an ultimatum. After all that time with him. On and off for years and now she's pregnant. She might have threatened to tell the live in. Maybe KC wanted more. Maybe she wanted him and a family and was prepared to out him to get what she craved.

He wasn't happy with being threatened and came up with this plan. I'll bet he called her, apologized, said let's get together and figure this thing out.

She thought she had him. They were going to be together. She got herself dressed up, made herself look pretty for him, all the while it was nothing but a ruse.

This is all MOO. I just see it going down like this.
She wanted nothing from him.

It could still be both :(.

Something that didnt hit me until last night - She was identified by a tattoo and dental records. Either the decomp was that advanced, or the multiple skull fractures wasn't from falling down the stairs but getting her head crushed by an object or bashed into a table.

I think that the next 2 months are going to be a bad waiting game as we wait to see how court goes.
Graphic warning - Decomposition

I did a little googling on decomposition this week. And from my reading I believe the face is usually the first to go regardless of injury and she was there long enough for a lot of other skeletonization too —so it makes sense for her face to be unidentifiable either way. So not sure that tells us anything one way or the other.

I agree that wounds decompose more quickly and accelerate the process, but given the overall skeletonization I don’t think we can conclude much.

It seems like we just need to wait for the forensic anthropologist to finish the autopsy to learn more.

Also I do not recommend reading about decomposition. It was very, very unpleasant.

Also I do not recommend reading about decomposition. It was very, very unpleasant.
Ive looked up a few body farms in the past before. I would rather not look at decomp. I hope your right that dental records were needed more from decomp then from trauma.

Still living in the same house....where Kassanndra was murdered.
Oh... I'm not going to say a whole lot, because I don't know if she doesn't have any other option. But man, I could never.

Tacoma sucks for housing prices. Im looking in that area right now as I am a local. That house was bought for $200,000 in 2014 according to zillow. Now zillow says its worth $420,000-$464,000. Thats double the price in just over 6 years. Shes going to be on a single income for the foreseeable future. If she doesn't have family in the area her only other option is to move out. In which case getting another house on such short notice is almost out of the question and getting an apartment means earning 2-3 times the monthly rent to prove you can afford it. If she doesn't have family or friends in the area she can stay with, who will help her move all of her stuff out? Movers that will add to the cost? Most Americans live paycheck to paycheck. CD put her in a spot.

Ive looked up a few body farms in the past before. I would rather not look at decomp. I hope your right that dental records were needed more from decomp then from trauma.

Tacoma sucks for housing prices. Im looking in that area right now as I am a local. That house was bought for $200,000 in 2014 according to zillow. Now zillow says its worth $420,000-$464,000. Thats double the price in just over 6 years. Shes going to be on a single income for the foreseeable future. If she doesn't have family in the area her only other option is to move out. In which case getting another house on such short notice is almost out of the question and getting an apartment means earning 2-3 times the monthly rent to prove you can afford it. If she doesn't have family or friends in the area she can stay with, who will help her move all of her stuff out? Movers that will add to the cost? Most Americans live paycheck to paycheck. CD put her in a ****** spot.
Yes, I've heard that the housing market in Tacoma is pretty though. If she doesn't have a support system, or family/friends that can have her go and spend some time with them, it has to be really hard to just pack up and leave. We don't know if she has a family member or a friend staying with her for support. What we know is that she hasn't been charged with anything and was not identified as suspect at this point. But yes, it's a little freaky that she's still living there. But if she has nowhere to go, what can she do? Pretty much nothing. If she didn't have anything to do with this, I feel for her too.

Oh... I'm not going to say a whole lot, because I don't know if she doesn't have any other option. But man, I could never.

She likely has no choice. I live in Tacoma and the rental and housing market competition here is absolutely insane. Supply is extremely tight. Prices have sky rocketed. It's not uncommon for a home for sale to get 16 offers. Our home is up over $200,000+ in value in just last 7-8 yrs. Most rental places require income to be 3x the rent, plus large deposits. I have yet to see anyone in the FB group that have met her mention what she does for work. Unless she has family or close friends living in the area that she can move in with, it would be tough and expensive to move right now. Everyday I see people in neighborhood FB groups pleading for rental options and seeking housing here.

Last edited:
Graphic warning - Decomposition

I did a little googling on decomposition this week. And from my reading I believe the face is usually the first to go regardless of injury and she was there long enough for a lot of other skeletonization too —so it makes sense for her face to be unidentifiable either way. So not sure that tells us anything one way or the other.

I agree that wounds decompose more quickly and accelerate the process, but given the overall skeletonization I don’t think we can conclude much.

It seems like we just need to wait for the forensic anthropologist to finish the autopsy to learn more.

From the charging documents, the ME provided there was no soft tissue left in the neck, chest, abdominal, or pelvic cavities; therefore, the Medical Examiner was not able to confirm that the victim had been pregnant at the time of her death.

KC's soft tissue decomp as described in the charging documents is pretty much textbook. Aug-Sept was also hot, dry. See link below for brief description.

CD treated KC as if she was rubbish. Even a small child shows compassion to to bury a fallen bird. CD lacks any human dignity.

What happens to human bodies after death?

Sadly this case seems very similar to another many of us followed closely on Websleuths. That of pregnant Charli Scott who went missing 6 years ago in Maui, Hawaii.

The perpetrator, who was the father of her unborn son was jailed for life, with the possibility of parole ( but a minimum sentence of 50 yrs) for luring her to her death, murdering & dismembering Charli.

Tragically only very partial remains of Charli have ever been recovered, along with some clothing which revealed she had been stabbed multiple times in her belly.

Charli & her loving supportive family had been excited about her pregnancy, but it emerged that Steven Capobianco had tried to insist she abort the pregnancy.

Her family have campaigned for a change in the law to include feticide, as Capobianco’s sentencing only related to the murder of Charli but not her unborn son Joshua.

HI - Carly 'Charli' Scott, 27, Makawao, Feb 2014 *Maps, Media Links & Timeline only*

Oh I remember the special on ID discovery on Charli. I did not know she was dismembered or parts of her were found. Or maybe I didn’t catch the ending. How very sad. I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone could desecrate a human body like that let alone one that was carrying another little human that was part of you. How very sad.

She likely has no choice. I live in Tacoma and the rental and housing market competition here is absolutely insane. Supply is extremely tight. Prices have sky rocketed. It's not uncommon for a home for sale to get 16 offers. Our home is up over $200,000+ in value in just last 7-8 yrs. Most rental places require income to be 3x the rent, plus large deposits. I have yet to see anyone in the FB group that have met her mention what she does for work. Unless she has family or close friends living in the area that she can move in with, it would be tough and expensive to move right now. Everyday I see people in neighborhood FB groups pleading for rental options and seeking housing here.
Well, if she plays her cards right, she could get a quickie marriage, live in the house and enjoy some of his inheritance without much worry of him coming home anytime soon. If he bails out she would have enough $$$ to step out until his trial, which should be extremely quick. Of course he might just strike a plea deal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back