CO CO - Terri Ackerman, 56, Lochbuie, 24 Aug 2018

I stopped talking to him. He claims he didnt do it and has not helped look for her or made any initiative to reach out for help. When I asked him straight out if he killed my mom he would not give me eye contact what so ever. His son Chris Ackerman is possibly involved. They all lived in the same house and he owns a dent repair shop which is where Dale stores his truck while the K9 dogs were searching the property. He refuses to do a lie detector and is not cooperating with the police.

Yes, hard to imagine she took off, if she didn't take any of those essentials. Who leaves on a trip without their car, ID, debit card and cell phone? You are right it makes no sense.

Only two ways that she would want to do it that way. One, if she had a wealthy friend willing to pick her up and then take care of her and her expenses. But I doubt that happened.

Or two, she walked out while having a meltdown, and didn't care about those things at the time. But I think if that happened, she would have been seen by others, and been found by now.

Of course the other scenarios would be that she was taken from the home by force.

I am pretty jaded, from seeing so many cases here where missing women were actually murdered by their partners or by predators.

I share your suspicions about her husband. But if the police did look at him as a suspect, I guess they did not find anything that could point to him?

And why would he leave all of her things behind if he wanted it to look like she ran off?

Did they investigate him at all? Interrogate him, search his truck ever?

You said it was gone the next day. Did you tell the police about his missing truck?

Is there a possibility that someone else took her away from the home? Could she have called someone for help, and that person betrayed her?

She hardly had a lot of friends except a few and she stayed home a lot besides when she would watch my kids. We were very close and she called me every day so I feel that she would have told me she was leaving.

She was a constant smoker and what gets me is there was only one ciggs butt I the ash tray when I went to her house. I feel that.sometime after she called me Thursday evening is when it happened.
Her husband showed up at my house at 600 am and stayed till 130 why I'm not sure. We told him we didn't need him but he was persistent on hanging out almost as if he was using that as an alibi.

He gets home at 230 claims to have noticed her stuff but thought she was at the neighbors till 400 pm when he states he went to ask them if they seen her. He did not call the police till 6pm and never once called to tell about any of this or check with me to see if she showed up a my house but just calls police?

I told the police about the truck but they never searched it or checked for prints or DNA. The route he took to get there was not confirmed either when their were state patrol cameras. He claimed his truck was getting dents out at his son's shop but his truck came back 4 days later with dents still on it.

Assuming you have spoken to the neighbors and asked them yourself, if they heard or saw anyting out of the ordinary in the days leading up to and the days after your mom went missing. Have you been allowed access to any of her personal belongings?

Yes.I have spoken to her neighbors and her next door neighbor is her BFF. She said my mom would always be outside smoking and she never seen her at all that night. They always have coffee in the morning but she did not see her that morning.

@Acarolus82 my heart goes out to you in this situation. I'd be very angry and feel as you do, suspicious of your mom's husband. Neighbor used to seeing her out smoking and who usually sees her for morning coffee gives a time frame. Who is law enforcement over the case is it Weld County sheriff or state police? Can any LE see that time frame, his lack of cooperation lends itself to likelihood of foul play?!! A sympathetic detective in the bunch willing to talk to county prosecutor to convene a grand jury? You have any witnesses that saw husband or his son the night in question or next morning? Only other thoughts I have is consider contacting Texas Equasearch, CUE Center, and yes, a P.I. if you're able--get her case on news programs, Dr. Phil, anywhere you can on television especially. Other families of missing people can be of immense support, are there other families in your state, or county especially, that have families of the missing who are strong advocates and a presence in CO-that you might have support?

@Acarolus82 my heart goes out to you in this situation. I'd be very angry and feel as you do, suspicious of your mom's husband. Neighbor used to seeing her out smoking and who usually sees her for morning coffee gives a time frame. Who is law enforcement over the case is it Weld County sheriff or state police? Can any LE see that time frame, his lack of cooperation lends itself to likelihood of foul play?!! A sympathetic detective in the bunch willing to talk to county prosecutor to convene a grand jury? You have any witnesses that saw husband or his son the night in question or next morning? Only other thoughts I have is consider contacting Texas Equasearch, CUE Center, and yes, a P.I. if you're able--get her case on news programs, Dr. Phil, anywhere you can on television especially. Other families of missing people can be of immense support, are there other families in your state, or county especially, that have families of the missing who are strong advocates and a presence in CO-that you might have support?

Thank you so much for your response back to me. I actually reached out to dr. Phil, and they called me and asked me for a story and timeline of my mom's situation and they would get back to me and they never did. I have tagged multiple news channels about my mom story again even ones that did her original story and have not got any response back.
The police department that's actually dealing with my mom's case is the city of Lochbuie Colorado. I asked them if they would allow Weld County to take over the case and they told me no because of the jurisdiction that happened in and they have their own resources to reach out to to handle the case which is a bunch of crap if you ask me.

I even asked them if they could give this to a detective that specializes in cases like this and they also told me no. What is really sad is that I work for a local law agency as a 911 dispatcher and nobody that I know can help because it's not their jurisdiction and so I feel like I'm being defeated.

The police know my suspicions about Dale and his son Chris who that in turn say they don't have enough evidence to support the suspicion but if they would have acted City enough like I had told them and pulled his truck for leighton's so maybe they would have had evidence but they never took our story seriously.

Her husband Delbert Ackerman and his his son Chris Ackerman have made no attempt to reach out to get any help for my mom's case. When I confronted his son Chris and ask him if they had anything to do with my mom to case he told me I was a psychopath and that I need to leave him alone or he's going to file harassment charges on me and to leave his father alone. That is just not the response you get from someone if they had nothing to do with my mom's disappearance. Chris Ackerman refuses to cooperate with the police and do a lie detector test. Now tell me that doesn't stick out as suspicious? What I feel happened is that her husband did something to her and his son was an accomplice and helped him cover things up

Hi guys! Im looking for some help and advice tonight. I have an interview with the news tomorrow and not sure what to say. Its been 2 years since her story had been updated on the news. I don't want to falsely accuse anyone on T.V although I have my suspicions. Any ideas

Hi guys! Im looking for some help and advice tonight. I have an interview with the news tomorrow and not sure what to say. Its been 2 years since her story had been updated on the news. I don't want to falsely accuse anyone on T.V although I have my suspicions. Any ideas
Maybe if you could talk to them a few minutes before they tape you you could explain that to them and get their help in what to say and how to say it. My heart is so with you in this.

@Acarolus82 perhaps you could write out all the key points you want to make and go over with the reporter to make sure you stay on track and express all of your thoughts on the case.

I am new to this so I hope I am doing this right. I need your help please. My mother is still missing and the police have nothing. We believe her estranged husband and his son know what happened to her. I have ran out of ideas and not sure what else I can do. Can anyone help me or have any suggestions on what I can do next?
Terri Ackerman was your mother? Does that mean that you're Ambyr Carolus? I'm asking because the screenshot you attached to your comment is of Terri Ackerman and you said you need help with your mother's case. If you're Ambyr Carolus, why do you refer to her husband as "her husband"? I couldn't find much information on it, but I've only just started investigating her case. What leads you to believe that her estranged husband and son know what happened to her? Why do you think she only took her medicine? Do you think she was threatened and that was why she called crying to say she couldn't take care of her grandchildren? She left at 4:03 p.m., three hours later at around 7:03, right? Why did her husband call on 30 minutes afterwards? What could have happened to her in that time? Somebody please brainstorm with me.

Last edited:
@ Acarolus82 I think her husband did it too. I know I already have a lot of comments, but this case is a little close to home. Literally. I live in Colorado as well and Terri and I have the same birthday. I think that if she was taken and there wasn't any sign of forced entry or a struggle, then it had to be someone she knew and trusted or someone who knew her and had the time to clean up. Her husband certainly has motive, if they were filing for divorce. It's suspicious that he isn't cooperating with police. He had a drinking problem and was verbally abusive, right? Did her son have a motive for potentially hurting her? If you believe her husband and son had something to do with it, why didn't they take anything but her medication? It's odd that the police didn't investigate the car, especially since you told them it was abnormal for it to not be there. They could have investigated her son to figure out if he was actually taking care of dents, though I don't think that could have been done without a warrant. Maybe the reason the police haven't been able to do much is because there's so much legal work involved and they don't have much evidence. Do they?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back