Found Safe CO - Wyatt Torres, 23, Las Animas County, truck found at Dodger Stadium in CA, 12 Sept 2020

Any ideas on why he'd head to Cali?

I see in the new poster referenced in the last page his truck was found on I5 North of Stadium Way. That area has direct access to heavily visited Griffith Park and is no where near enough to the stadium to be considered “in” the parking area to be captured on camera.

If Wyatt wanted to self harm he had a quite a bit of rural area to get lost in between CO and that area of Los Angeles. This area his truck was found is not rural, though a body or person could be overlooked in Griffith Park if they are off trail and in the brush. This happens with surprising frequency.

If he self harmed there must be a reason to do so in Los Angeles. There is also a chance he was mule-ing as well and got caught up in a bad deal.

Either way this does not look promising. If he’d met someone I would assume he would reach out eventually unless one of the other scenarios of foul play are involved.

Hoping for a positive conclusion but not expecting it. So young.

One would be likely to go through NM on the way to LA?

Not necessarily. This may sound morbid but perhaps he wanted to take a road trip to some crazy places like Utah, Vegas and end up in LA before he went on with the rest of his plans. Sorta a farewell tour.

Something keeps nagging at me about this case. I think we need to know a few more details:

How long the truck was abandoned for and if it was on the freeway or off along a side street near there? If it was on the freeway it couldn’t have been there more than 4 or so hours before being towed.

Why didn’t he have a cell phone? Strange in 2020 did he leave it behind or just not have one?

How many miles were put on the truck? That could help determine his route.

Did he have any ties to the area? Friends, family etc.

IMHO the truck was dumped with the expectation it would be towed. California has lots of traffic cams especially on the I5. Could they see it traveling to this location.??

Very puzzling!

Agree this is puzzling. Getting video of vehicle and who walked away seems important. Do they have any info on stops or financial transactions?
Since it’s the family truck, can the parents get the GPS data? Seems really helpful data to have especially if they suspect foul play.
But by the sister heading out to California I guess they must think he made it all the way there.

Agree with the questions about the lack of phone.

Why did you tag New Mexico stuff when he is from CO and his truck was found in CA? Am I missing something?

Check the three suggested routes from Colorado to SoCal provided by Google Maps.

I-25 to I-40 would be the fasted route with guaranteed services 24/7. My family is New Mexican, so I provided NewMex resources for our OP.

The roads through the National Forests are beautiful -- but your options to fuel the truck are limited. Hate to say this, but your options to leave items behind are plentiful.

Absolutely agree, if that truck was on I-5, find images & work out the route backwards from there.

Wyatt, where are you???

What if someone was threatening wyatt and he wanted to protect his family. Because I know he wouldn't just take off without without a phone. There is always some kind of threats in life but he's smart he knows what he's doing so something is going on and did ya'll find out who's girl jacket that was.

Liona your post of wyatt's missing poster isn't adding up he actually weighs 150 and he's 5'10 but your poter says other wise.

What if someone was threatening wyatt and he wanted to protect his family. Because I know he wouldn't just take off without without a phone. There is always some kind of threats in life but he's smart he knows what he's doing so something is going on and did ya'll find out who's girl jacket that was.

Hmmmm that wasn’t his jacket?

Liona your post of wyatt's missing poster isn't adding up he actually weighs 150 and he's 5'10 but your poter says other wise.
I’m so sorry I didn’t respond sooner I have something going on at home. Thank goodness Wyatt was found safe! And as for the missing poster that’s what the sheriff put out and that’s all I knew. I don’t personally know Wyatt just a friend of a friend. Thank you all❤️

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back