Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m obviously not Barry, so I’m just guessing here and my guess may or may not be close to the truth.

It’s possible BM said to someone he would put $ 100 000 up for reward and the friend said hold on I match that and so BM just announced it under the condition he wanted. After all in the moment of tragedy one would not likely argue about this with their distraught friend.

IIRC wasn’t the $ 10 000 from the fund? I could be completely wrong about this though

We had very limited information come to the media from BM and/or his spokesperson but the rewards for SM safe return were announced separately.

Nephew TN announced the reward by BM during his initial contact with media -- before BM was ever publically identified, and known only as "the husband."

The following day (about May 15), the generous reward match by a family friend was announced, also by TN.

I recall the $10k was added much later but it didn't receive much media attention. This did not come from the GET.

If interested, I'm sure the date can be found in the media thread.

MOO

ETA: @GordianKnot above provided a link.

Last edited:
I’m six pages behind, but don’t forget the Colorado Firecamp training facility.

MOO.

Colorado Firecamp facility

(Great!!! Thanks! :) )

Notes
Magz, (and everyone)
here is the fabulous timeline
posted previously by our great
@OldCop

>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<

***This was posted by OldCop
on Thread #37 ***
5a Their church?
5b Landscaping office (if BM has one)?
5c A Rehab (if SM was at a Rehab at all and if he visited her)?
5d Treatment Center (IF BM was there, without accompany her to the treatment inside the building)?
5e Their family weekend vacation spot somewhere?
5f A relative, living in CO too?
End of brainstorming for the moment. :)

Previous notes / qmfr / quotes of quotes lol (arrow points to more notes)
1. House
2. Hotel
3. Longhorn Ranch Property
4. Construction site with beach
5. Poncha Springs Store
6. Photo location - White Pine, CO?

Other reference quotes:

(Note: Apply similar algorithm as Rossmo’s Theory? “Reverse Rossmo” (not to be confused with Reverse Osmosis :D); also apply maximum distance mileage time model as created in Amiah R’s case)

5. Fire fighter station? (Though would have been risky.)

Thanks, will add to whatever it is I’m making, (not sure yet haha, this is how I cook too :D)...The FH deserves requires a spot for sure.

Do we know when the last time was he went by the Firehouse was; Is there any reference to or confirmation of this? Thanks in advance. I’ve asked this question before, but may have missed the answer.

Last edited:
@OldCop

5:46 p.m.:
-SM is reported missing by a neighbor. SM’s daughters allegedly contacted her and said they were worried because they hadn’t been able to reach their mother. Exact details are unclear, but neighbor checked the house and did not find SM but noted her car was there. According to BM in his TD interview, the neighbor then contacted him and he asked her to go back and check if her bike was there. The neighbor checked, returned home, and called BM on her landline and told him the bike was gone. BM asked her to call LE.

Just an FYI, I don't think the "go back and check the bike" part was from the TD interview; perhaps elsewhere, if true. I think BM said in the TD piece that the neighbor saw that the car was there and the bike was gone and he then asked her to call LE.

Just an FYI, I don't think the "go back and check the bike" part was from the TD interview; perhaps elsewhere, if true. I think BM said in the TD piece that the neighbor saw that the car was there and the bike was gone and he then asked her to call LE.
I think that came from the nephew drinking Barry’s Kool-Aid.

Barry’s friend allegedly told Barry that law enforcement mishandled the bike. I think the nephew, in support of Barry, was trying to throw shade at law enforcement.

He knew they were looking at BM, and he was trying to protect him. This is also probably why he tried to shut MG up, when he told her she didn’t have to cooperate.

I think CBI told him he could be charged with obstruction, which is why he went silent.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

One day he's 'patrolling' his property with a shot gun against people searching for Suzanne.
Another day he's all nice and inviting AM to look on his property and home.
Unbalanced can mean dangerous.
MOO
Notice he was accommodating and invited Andy to search the outside of his property AFTER he moved the bobcat to another location?

Notice he was accommodating and invited Andy to search the outside of his property AFTER he moved the bobcat to another location?
I think he saw the negative news coverage and accompanying social media reaction from his shotgun escapade, and realized he had to do something to change the narrative.

Allowing searchers on his property involved no risk, and could help alleviate the error.

I just hope that we aren’t here three years from now waiting for the one tip that is needed.

As we are into fall, I hope BM has an unHappy Thanksgiving and an unMerry Christmas. Every holiday will never be the same for the girls. I don’t think he really cares.

Sometimes I think BM has regrets..after all there is no one to cook for him, wash his clothes, clean his house and cater to his whims.

Then on the other hand, I don’t think he cares one iota about being alone. Maybe he is quite happy carrying on in life alone. He can do whatever he wants whenever he wants. No one will ever tell him what to do again.

For the time being..but tick, tock..better keep your eyes open and watch every step you make. Someone is watching you.

The bolded above, will get on BM's nerves.
With his quick temper, there will be many times, he lets loose.

His health will suffer, and with all his added monies, he will be miserable, knowing how hated he is.
He is the talk of the town, and surrounds.
His business will go downhill, and many 'so called' current friends will disappear.
Will alcohol be needed for sleep and getting through the long days?
His ego has been hit hard.
He is not in control of his life, waiting for 'what is around the next corner'.
What a future, to look forward to: a jail cell.:):):)
MOO.

Just the wait, as before, is too long, for us impatient folk.

That's the reality of following murder cases, or any criminal case. Those who are impatient will find themselves in a state of perpetual frustration, and that's no way to live. IMO

Vanessa Marcotte was murdered Aug 2016, her killer was finally ID'd and caught 8 months later, April 2017, and 3.5 years later still no trial. The wheels of justice often grind exceedingly slow for many reasons.

I've followed cases that took >2 or 3 years for the killer to get arrested and charged and longer than that for an eventual trial. What I think is vital is taking breaks for one's own mental health.

IMO

I think that came from the nephew drinking Barry’s Kool-Aid.

Barry’s friend allegedly told Barry that law enforcement mishandled the bike. I think the nephew, in support of Barry, was trying to throw shade at law enforcement.

TN telling people to ask LE about the bike's condition is a different issue. I was only pointing out that BM telling the neighbor to go back and check for the bike after noting the car was there, and her calling back on a landline, were not part of the TD YT video, AFAIK. Perhaps that info came from LS and one of her BM interviews, as I do think I've seen it mentioned somewhere here before.

bbm
No one actually handed over that money, as far as we know. That money couldn’t possibly be any safer anyways, as it was contingent upon Suzanne’s safe return.
What if SM was abducted. What if the abductor was wearing and continues to wear a mask while around SM so she could not identify him. Even if the perp intends to end her life maybe he doesn't want SM to know who he is for whatever reason. Can't 'perform' if SM realizes identity? I know, ridiculous, but who knows. Freaks abound.

It isn't necessarily beyond the pale an abducted person remains alive for perp's purposes (see: Elizabeth Smart).

Then a reward is offered. If it isn't contingent on "safe return" what's to stop a perp from ending her life and "coming across her body during a hike"? A contingency defeats such an attempt. Yes, also ridiculous but it could explain reasoning.

Just throwing it out there.

MOO

Has LE confirmed the chlorine at the hotel story? Something’s been bugging me about the hotel story. When it came out from the contractors, BM’s behavior was positioned as suspect. But it seems to be what you’d expect from someone who’s wife disappeared. He told them to be there but he bailed and left random tools and said he had a family emergency. He did have one. Pretty good reason to empty out the truck and run out of there, perhaps hoping to find her and get back later and sort out the job. He didn’t come back or call, which would also make sense. That’s not suspect. The contractors sat around and waited? For days? They didn’t worry about the emergency? Check with others to see if he could be reached? They didn’t see it on the news and head back and offer to help find her? Did they contact the client for the job? Did they request a welfare check on BM when they couldn’t reach him? The hotel said they don’t use anything like bleach or chlorine. People have commented how quickly that smell goes away. Doesn’t seem like it was bad enough they requested another room. Did the bleach/chlorine scenario happen? It’s just odd they positioned his behavior as fishy when it seems like how you’d act if a loved one disappeared. Why would they complain about not having what’s needed for the job or about waiting to hear back for days when a man’s wife disappeared?

If you take out any one of the clues we have that haven’t been confirmed by LE, so much falls apart. Maddening.

. I was only pointing out that BM telling the neighbor to go back and check for the bike after noting the car was there, and her calling back on a landline, were not part of the TD YT video, AFAIK. Perhaps that info came from LS and one of her BM interviews, as I do think I've seen it mentioned somewhere here before.
SBM
In the TD interview, BM ran the story line altogether...the neighbor checked said the bike was gone but the car was there. So they decided to call the police. It wasn't until an early P/E show that it was questioned who said what...they suggested that Barry asked the neighbor to specifically check for the bike AFTER she reported the car was there but Suzanne wasn't. Andy's account follows that.. the neighbor made two calls...the second one to Barry who asked her to go back and check for the bike.

That’s because everyone is looking for a body.

Within the first couple days, if not much sooner, authorities seemingly knew they weren’t looking for a “missing woman.”

They were looking for a “murdered woman.”

I don't disagree with you but I still say its weird that LE never admitted so. As of 09/03, at least, they still said they are working at"either finding Suzanne or determining the circumstances behind her disappearance." The unwillingness to be straight with the public is unsettling and I cannot see any way admitting such would compromise the investigation. IMO

Has LE confirmed the chlorine at the hotel story?

No, very little from LE. But in this article, BM does confirm the chlorine smell:
Exclusive: Barry Morphew responds to explosive claims regarding the disappearance of wife, Suzanne | FOX21 News Colorado
[Barry confirmed to FOX21 News he had been in that room, and had also noticed a strong smell.

“I did not go to the pool and I did not get chlorine,” he said. “I’m sure that they washed the rooms with that for the covid. I don’t know, but I [smelled] it too when I was in there.”]

IMO

Just because Andy didn't find his sister's remains doesn't change the nature of the crime itself.

LE isn't going to come out and say anything, or confirm much of anything, but what is clear, IMO, from all their actions over the last nearly 5 months is this:
  • It's not a case of random abduction or kidnapping.
  • It's not a case of a stalker with a fixation on SM and spiriting her away.
  • It's not a case of sex trafficking.
  • It's not a case of payback for some drug deal or business deal gone wrong.
  • It's not a case of a mountain lion attack or bear attack or any other 4 legged creatures.
  • It's not a home invasion/robbery.
  • It's not a murder for hire/contract killing.
  • It's not a vehicular accident and panic cover up.
  • It's not a hundred other scenarios that a creative mind can imagine.
  • What happened to Suzanne was done by 1 person, at or in her home within a fairly narrow time span.
By all appearances, especially with the cues given by LE, this is a case of domestic homicide. Planned or unplanned or partly planned remains to be seen. But I predict when all is said and done, this will be the classification for this sad crime.

IMO

Last edited:
It was reported as being an additional 10k offered by "friends and family."
No other details that I can recall:

Reward Increased to $210,000 For Information Leading to Suzanne Morphew

The reward amount is a moot point, anyway.

"Friends and family" could offer 10o million dollars for Suzanne's safe return, and it still wouldn't lead to her safe return.

There's a world of difference between dangling a 100k carrot that's contingent upon someone's safe return and ponying up 100k in actual money.

BM knows his money is safe.

Hence his pseudo display of largesse.

Such a hero.

JMO.
I recall that very early on some equated the $100k to pink flamingos - it was never deposited with crime stoppers or offered through them so I’ve discounted this as many of us have - long ago
JMO

I don't disagree with you but I still say its weird that LE never admitted so. As of 09/03, at least, they still said they are working at"either finding Suzanne or determining the circumstances behind her disappearance." The unwillingness to be straight with the public is unsettling and I cannot see any way admitting such would compromise the investigation. IMO
This is what they do, especially in Colorado.

Just look at the Gannon Stauch case. We were told all along that they hoped to bring him home alive. We later learned that they found blood splatter in his bedroom, and knew (from other evidence) he was probably dead from day one.

We all knew better, but that case remained a “missing persons investigation,” until his killer was arrested.

Their duty is to solve the crime. They can’t risk damaging their case by tipping off the perpetrator in regards to what they have.

Has LE confirmed the chlorine at the hotel story? Something’s been bugging me about the hotel story. When it came out from the contractors, BM’s behavior was positioned as suspect. But it seems to be what you’d expect from someone who’s wife disappeared. He told them to be there but he bailed and left random tools and said he had a family emergency. He did have one. Pretty good reason to empty out the truck and run out of there, perhaps hoping to find her and get back later and sort out the job. He didn’t come back or call, which would also make sense. That’s not suspect. The contractors sat around and waited? For days? They didn’t worry about the emergency? Check with others to see if he could be reached? They didn’t see it on the news and head back and offer to help find her? Did they contact the client for the job? Did they request a welfare check on BM when they couldn’t reach him? The hotel said they don’t use anything like bleach or chlorine. People have commented how quickly that smell goes away. Doesn’t seem like it was bad enough they requested another room. Did the bleach/chlorine scenario happen? It’s just odd they positioned his behavior as fishy when it seems like how you’d act if a loved one disappeared. Why would they complain about not having what’s needed for the job or about waiting to hear back for days when a man’s wife disappeared?

If you take out any one of the clues we have that haven’t been confirmed by LE, so much falls apart. Maddening.
Barry’s preparation for the Broomfield job happened before Suzanne’s disappearance from the supposed bike ride. There wouldn’t have been a reason for Barry to forget tools and equipment, at least not a reason due to mental anguish over Suzanne’s bike ride disappearance.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members