Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see Barry's question about God as trying to be threatening, quite the opposite. I think he is seeking forgiveness.

BBM:

I doubt it.

But if true, I have a newsflash for him:

You have to confess your sins before you can be forgiven for them.

Absent a confession, there'll be no forgiveness.

So there's that.

JMO.

Last edited:
I would certainly never request let alone allow a 70 year old or older woman to enter my home if my spouse or child were missing and I was not present. This leads credence that BM knew the neighbor would not be in danger in the home despite the fact SM was missing and or unaccounted for within that time frame. I would dial 911 period.
ETA as should anyone else under similar circumstances IMO

Absolutely because he knew she wasn’t there. But what if the neighbour walked in on a murder scene. How devastating that would be and possible destruction of evidence.

What if some weirdo had her held there...what is the neighbour supposed to do?

I wouldn’t have gone in because I am that age and I would have been afraid of what I would find. Were they even close friends..we don’t know that either.

He already knew there was nothing there for her to find.

Thanks @NoSI.

From the news link, the remains were located in an area near an abandoned mine in Saguache County, and White Pine is located in Gunnison County-- both neighboring Chaffee County. I found a good County map below.

Human remains found in Saguache County - KRDO

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation is helping investigate after hikers discovered human remains in an area near an abandoned mine in Saguache County on Friday.
[..]
The remote location where the remains were found is in the western part of the county near the Hinsdale County line.
[..]
The CBI said there is no evidence that connects this case with the Suzanne Morphew investigation.

colorado-county-map.gif

southern colorado counties map - بحث Google
You will note on the map that Hinsdale County borders Saguache County for a relatively short distance at the midpoint of Saguache County. The La Garita ("the lookout") Mountains dominate this area, and the Continental Divide touches on the range. It's part of the La Garita Wilderness, if that gives you a sense of how remote they are. Population density is 0.75 people per square mile, if that completes the picture. Good place to hide a body, I guess, but from Salida you'll spend 3 hours just getting to the Hinsdale County line. Then, there's the trail to the mine. If the remains are SM's, the timeline as we understand it needs major adjustment.

If you ever get to Hinsdale County, be sure to visit the Alferd Packer Massacre site. Packer, the only convicted cannibal in U.S. history, was initially tried in a local "courtroom." At his sentencing, it was said, the judge declared: “Stand up, you voracious, man-eating son of a , stand up! There was seven democrats in Hinsdale County and you up and ate five of them. God damn you, I sentence you to be hanged by the neck until you are dead, dead, dead, as a warning against reducing the democratic population of our state!”

You will note on the map that Hinsdale County borders Saguache County for a relatively short distance at the midpoint of Saguache County. The La Garita ("the lookout") Mountains dominate this area, and the Continental Divide touches on the range. It's part of the La Garita Wilderness, if that gives you a sense of how remote they are. Population density is 0.75 people per square mile, if that completes the picture. Good place to hide a body, I guess, but from Salida you'll spend 3 hours just getting to the Hinsdale County line. Then, there's the trail to the mine. If the remains are SM's, the timeline as we understand it needs major adjustment.

If you ever get to Hinsdale County, be sure to visit the Alferd Packer Massacre site. Packer, the only convicted cannibal in U.S. history, was initially tried in a local "courtroom." At his sentencing, it was said, the judge declared: “Stand up, you voracious, man-eating son of a *****, stand up! There was seven democrats in Hinsdale County and you up and ate five of them. God damn you, I sentence you to be hanged by the neck until you are dead, dead, dead, as a warning against reducing the democratic population of our state!”
omg ...

BBM:

I doubt it.

But if true, I got a newsflash for him:

So there's that.

JMO.

Exactly. I don't believe BM gives a darn about any forgiveness. IMO he has made himself out to be a victim. In some demonic twisted way, I think he sees it this way. I could see him trying to sway LS to team B.

Care about forgiveness? Nope.

Exactly. I don't believe BM gives a darn about any forgiveness. IMO he has made himself out to be a victim. In some demonic twisted way, I think he sees it this way. I could see him trying to sway LS to team B.

Care about forgiveness? Nope.

But I bet he sure wishes he could turn back time and never have done it!

No doubt he wishes this. In my opinion, BM really believed that LE would buy the bike ride, abduction, or mountain lion story. He never would have guessed that people around the world would turn their attention to a missing wife/mother/sister/daughter, in a small town in Colorado. MOO

Mines, Hinky Places?
I find old mines really interesting....Erin Corwin was murdered and thrown in a mine, LE searched different mines for eight weeks before they found her Desert mines made for tough Erin Corwin search
I wish we knew if BM had any interest or knowledge in old mines.
@Knox Yes, interesting question.
Presumably w search wt's, LE has seen BM's PC, tablet, cell, cameras, vehicle GPS, etc, so they have located and analyzed any revealing online searches re mines, drives to mines, hinky places, etc. jm2cts.

If you ever get to Hinsdale County, be sure to visit the Alferd Packer Massacre site. Packer, the only convicted cannibal in U.S. history, was initially tried in a local "courtroom." At his sentencing, it was said, the judge declared: “Stand up, you voracious, man-eating son of a *****, stand up! There was seven democrats in Hinsdale County and you up and ate five of them. God damn you, I sentence you to be hanged by the neck until you are dead, dead, dead, as a warning against reducing the democratic population of our state!”

BBM:

I don't think our timeline of BM's movements is well enough established to rule out the possibility of a 6-hour round trip at some point.

It's not inconceivable that BM could have driven that distance some time between Friday night and Sunday morning.

We know next to nothing about BM's actual movements during that Friday-Sunday period, aside from an apparent trip to the Broomfield hotel on Sunday some time before JP and MG arrived there later in the afternoon.

If he had driven down there and then headed in the opposite direction to get back up to Broomfield before returning to Salida on Sunday night, he likely would have had to stop for gas.

I'm assuming LE has figured out when, where, and how often LE gassed up his truck that weekend.

One of the arguments against this location being likely is that SM was almost certainly dumped somewhere under cover of darkness. This area where the body was found sounds pretty remote, and unless a person was really familiar with it, I don't see it as being a place one would just randomly venture off into in the dead of night.

Then again, it sounds like that area is very nearly completely uninhabited.

Maybe it's exactly where someone would go to dump a body at night.

JMO.

Last edited:

Sadly, I think you are right. I also think that BM’s reasons for wishing he could turn back time derive from how inconvenient all of this questioning, digging, media and lack of “normal life” has become.

This has been very disruptive.

If everyone just believed all of his lies, things would be much better. :rolleyes:

And based on the time of year, that elevation around the continental divide likely still snowed in. Doing that at night, on an unplowed pass doesn’t seem feasible.

Here’s just the portion with the friend, TS.

This is a terrible thing the guy goes to work one day and the girls are doing their thing and in a matter of minutes or hours what have you somebody’s family is turned upside down and their whole life is destroyed and turned upside down and I just want them to have closure,” Troy Skinner said.

Skinner is a family friend and has known Barry since middle school. He visited the family twice after they moved to their Colorado home in Maysville. He described the family as a perfect family.

“They were the modern day little house on the prairie, I mean everyone got along in that family.”

Skinner said Barry would go on hunting trips to get away, it was his solitude time and it would re-energize him. During an elk hunting trip with Barry in Salida this past year, Skinner said he spoke with Suzanne about her health and having no hesitations in going on bike rides alone.

“She did talk about her bike rides, she liked it, she felt safe and she didn’t feel threatened on them,” Skinner explained.

When Skinner learned that Suzanne didn’t return from a bike ride, he immediately asked Barry what he could do to help. Unfortunately, in the beginning of the search efforts, his work schedule didn’t allow him to go to Colorado.

“I didn’t actually get to talk to Barry until two or three weeks into the ordeal and the times we have talked it’s not questioning on what happened or anything it’s hey I’m here for you and what can I do for you and letting him know that we care for him and the girls,” Skinner added. “It’s been two months but he’s still broken and the girls are having a hard time. I haven’t spoken with them directly but I’ve asked about them each time. He says it’s just very hard on everybody and you can hear it in his voice when he is talking to ya.”

He describes the Morphew’s as the sweetest people you’d ever meet. Skinner said Suzanne would talk to you like you were the only person in the room. He added that there were never cracks in the relationship.

“If Barry was involved, he would get his punishment and that’s the way it should be, but I would lose all faith in humanity because he just doesn’t have that in him,” Skinner said.

BBM Once again Suzanne is not named, this time by the friend TS. It breaks my heart to think of what she went through. Someone did a good job of isolating her, and I hate to think about how that made her feel. I do wonder at times if the move to Colorado was part of a plan thought out by BM. Hopefully we’ll know someday, even better if it’s soon. IMO

I would honestly be very surprised if it is SM that was found in Saguache county. There are just too many places much closer and even thou it doesn't seem that far on a map, it's pretty time intensive driving in the mtns. Especially at night where one needs to keep an eye out for wildlife etc. I think its much more likely to be KR... I don't see at the present time how this location could work with the timeline/theorized timeline.

Part of this is also that i don't want to get my hopes up. And KR needs to be found as well for her son's/family's sake. She didn't deserve what likely happened to her. But yes, want SM found so very bad... But I just don't think its her.

BBM:

I doubt it.

But if true, I have a newsflash for him:

So there's that.

JMO.
Agreed. BM is not looking for forgiveness. Nope! He’s looking to get away with murder. He was counting on it! JMO

I would honestly be very surprised if it is SM that was found in Saguache county. There are just too many places much closer and even thou it doesn't seem that far on a map, it's pretty time intensive driving in the mtns. Especially at night where one needs to keep an eye out for wildlife etc. I think its much more likely to be KR... I don't see at the present time how this location could work with the timeline/theorized timeline.

Part of this is also that i don't want to get my hopes up. And KR needs to be found as well for her son's/family's sake. She didn't deserve what likely happened to her. But yes, want SM found so very bad... But I just don't think its her.

I feel like I keep saying this, but that elevation along the divide, at that time of year, still snowed in. Those mountain passes don’t open until summer. May is not summer. It can take 3 hours to drive 60 miles in the mountains in summer. Add darkness, snow, and possibly towing a bobcat ;), I highly highly doubt this person is SM.
I hope this discovery brings answers for whomever this is, but sadly,
SM still a mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members