Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible one or even two of the sites has older pictures than the other and hasn't updated yet since this is a brand new listing. When a home is fresh on the market, some internet sites may recognize it as an active listing but still pull old pictures (especially if the home was sold in the recent years and those older pictures still exist). I sold a home a couple of years ago and one of the web pages had old and new pictures mixed into the internet listing. Somehow the site got a hold of some older pictures when I had purchased it prior. That's my hunch in regards to the house in question.

For example, I've attached a comparison image here. The top portion is from your Trulia link and the bottom is from my Zillow link. It's obviously the same bathroom but decorated differently. One of the sites has old photos (likely from when the home was sold in 2018).
I attached the old link to show the other two bathrooms do exist and for comparison to the new sale photos.

IMO, it's clear Barry provided the pictures for the new listing. Which is why I am questioning the areas he choose to show. I may be overanalyzing, but thinking it may be relevant. Looking forward to reading the probable cause arrest affidavit!!!!!

And the garage and utility room. But when selling real estate, you gotta have a pic of the kitchen so the person who cooks can see what it's like. I think it's dumb to leave off pix of the other 2 baths, the garage, and the utility room, but the kitchen? Supposedly the heart of the home? I may be crazy, but that hit me.

I agree. I havent looked at too many realtor sites lately but the ones I remember looking at were sure to have a picture of each and every room. People want to see every room of the house if they are home shopping on the internet. The more pics the better. If there are entire rooms not covered then that is strange to me and points to this being rushed along for sale.
JMO

Page 22, Post #426 You have to blow it up a bit, right side of picture, black framework.

Huh. To me, that looks quite similar to the metal frame of a lawn swing, without the canopy attached - at a side view angle. I just took the canopy and cushions off mine yesterday, and it looks like a very similar design shape as the one in my back yard.

Side by side comparison. Thoughts?

Attachments

• lawn swing2.jpg
    lawn swing2.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 168
Oh, I thought it was some kind of wheel well and pulley system.

well_bucket_and_windlass.jpg
Absolutely may be. My sister lives in an area of WV where the ropeways are in common use. That's what I'm familiar with.

I attached the old link to show the other two bathrooms do exist and for comparison to the new sale photos.

IMO, it's clear Barry provided the pictures for the new listing. Which is why I am questioning the areas he choose to show. I may be overanalyzing, but thinking it may be relevant. Looking forward to reading the probable cause arrest affidavit!!!!!

Ahhh gotcha. Definitely does seem odd.

I see his willingness to sell the place as evidence SM's remains are not on the property. A new owner could consent to an LE request to search. JMO.

I tend to think the opposite. I still think she's on the grounds. He's just distancing himself from that property. LE has been there, and found nothing (AFAWK). He wants to get the hell out of dodge and away from her body. If he is at that house, it's more likely that when they come calling again (they will), NEXT time they might find something. He's fooled them so far, or so he believes. Something happened at that house or it would not have smelled like bleach. I think we will find out that this murder was diabolical.

JMO.

Huh. To me, that looks quite similar to the metal frame of a lawn swing, without the canopy attached - at a side view angle. I just took the canopy and cushions off mine yesterday, and it looks like a very similar design shape as the one in my back yard.

Side by side comparison. Thoughts?

That does look close but wouldn't theres near the river be facing the river if it were a swing or a hammock?

Maybe its a Zip-Line to get across the river and have a little fun while at it. It looks like it has a round pulley or something that sticks out the left side at top.

Didn’t the IN property sell for $1.1M? And I remembering that right?

After the realtor fee, and maybe a few expenses that’s at least $1M leftover, although he’ll probably owe capital gains tax on that sale.

Then if he sells Puma Path for say $1.5M, he’ll walk away with at least $1.4M and not much of any capital gains tax.

So roughly around $2.4M in cash from those sales.

He bought a the longhorn Ranch Land for $160 then maybe put another $500-600k into construction.

So that’s about $1.6M leftover.

A defense attorney fee is likely but I can’t help put think that BM owes someone a substantial debt and he’s liquidating assets to pay it off and save his hide.

When that info came out, I looked up compatible lots in Longhorn ranch and they were all listed in the $160 range, so I think BM paid the going rate for that land and there is nothing fishy with that sale.
I would agree. I cant say positively how much a lawyer would charge, but I know when I was a defense firm my 1L summer my boss charged a flat fee of $150,000 for representation in a child sexual contact case. Id guess $200,000 would be a reasonable price and that the attorney would probably want the full retainer up front. However, given recent moves BM seems to have alot more then that on hand. It cant just be for lawyers

I agree. I havent looked at too many realtor sites lately but the ones I remember looking at were sure to have a picture of each and every room. People want to see every room of the house if they are home shopping on the internet. The more pics the better. If there are entire rooms not covered then that is strange to me and points to this being rushed along for sale.
JMO
Re: No recent kitchen photos in this new listing... Could it be, that LE removed parts of the cabinetry when gathering evidence during their searches, and the kitchen has not yet been restored? MOO

The pic below is from the listing when the house was purchased by B & S
77ecf65c5e7f1d4e04ef86bc6f2c7ab3-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.jpg

They must have destroyed that kitchen when they processed it otherwise why wouldn't there be photographs of it in the listing? No way would you leave out that shot, especially given the asking price. Whatever created the alleged odor of bleach in the house probably came at least partially from someone trying to clean the grout in the floor.

MOO

Didn’t the IN property sell for $1.1M? And I remembering that right?

After the realtor fee, and maybe a few expenses that’s at least $1M leftover, although he’ll probably owe capital gains tax on that sale.

Then if he sells Puma Path for say $1.5M, he’ll walk away with at least $1.4M and not much of any capital gains tax.

So roughly around $2.4M in cash from those sales.

He bought a the longhorn Ranch Land for $160 then maybe put another $500-600k into construction.

So that’s about $1.6M leftover.

A defense attorney fee is likely but I can’t help put think that BM owes someone a substantial debt and he’s liquidating assets to pay it off and save his hide.

When that info came out, I looked up compatible lots in Longhorn ranch and they were all listed in the $160 range, so I think BM paid the going rate for that land and there is nothing fishy with that sale.

I agree. There has to be a huge hunk of debt. He was desperate for cash before Suzanne went missing.

I agree. There has to be a huge hunk of debt. He was desperate for cash before Suzanne went missing.

Yeah, the timing of the sales is what intrigues me. He could sit on those assets for a year or more and be fine as long as he has cash coming in to live off of. But to free up that much cash so quickly and I’d imagine he realizes how bad this looks for him, there has to be an external pressure that is forcing his hand.

The longhorn ranch looks like it has a lot of work to be done before they can even break ground on construction, so it doesn’t make sense for him to need the money for that purpose.

The family has evidently relocated and probably taken the vast majority of their personal items with them. Interesting that so many personal photographs were left behind. Is this BM's way of passively asserting his innocence? I could never do anything to harm my beautiful family.....I am a victim of overzealous LE and they have destroyed what was a thing of beauty? MOO

Given the timing on all of this, it does lead one to speculate that there may be motive buried underneath all of these transactions. It's a lot of buying and selling, all happening in the four short months that your wife is missing.

BM did buy the Longhorn property and a new truck, so that doesn't give the appearance of 'strapped for cash' (at least not once the Indiana sale went through). Could this be BM simply circling the wagons - building a house that he can live in with his mom?

I'm not quite sure what to make of all of it - I can't discount the thought that all of it could point back to motive - but also not quite ready to make the leap and say it's definitely that, either..... MOO, JMO
His wild wheeling and dealing is certainly confusing.

I can't see buying the new truck as indicative of solvency. I think he may well have place high priority on having a new truck to drive around town and bought it regardless of future financial troubles. I think he jump on that while he had a some cash, (it was burning a hole in his pocket) hoping to get more cash out of Puma Path for paying debts.

Spending money before it's made is a bad habit. A habit that may well have led to this tragic situation.
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member