GUILTY TX - Maliyah 'Tootie' Bass, 2, Houston, 22 Aug 2020 *arrests* #2

YaYa_521

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
She's such a little cutie. I pray God's angels surround her to keep her safe from harm.
Houston police searching for missing 2-year-old girl
maliyah.png

• last seen in the 10600 block of Beachnut Street Saturday morning at 9:30 a.m
  • wearing a multi-colored tank top with multi-colored shorts
  • carrying a pink and white pillowcase with letter blocks inside
  • Black female, 3' tall, 38-40 pounds with brown eyes and black hair
  • Houston Police Department's Missing Person's Desk at (832) 394-1840

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
I am beyond disappointed with the lack of media attention in this case. When I googled for updates, there were none since September 4th. Maliyah's funeral was the end of media attention.

The only way I found about the following ABC 13 News report from September 28 about a justice walk for Maliyah, was by going to Maliyah's maternal grandmother's facebook page. Grandma organized the walk and is shown speaking in the video. I had to google "justice march for Maliyah" to find it.

There is no video evidence or media mention of Maliyah's mother or her boyfriend attending the "Justice For Maliyah" march. This didn't surprise me and was something I expected would happen.

But Houston Police Department officers did join the march. There should be no doubt how passionately LE will dedicate their efforts to bring a child murderer to justice. Give them time.

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Friends, family and supporters of 2-year-old Maliyah Bass, whose body was found in a southeast Houston bayou a week after she went missing in August, joined together on Saturday for a "justice walk."

Supporters walked from Sutherland Street to Brays Bayou near the area where Maliyah's body was found last month, shouting, "Justice for? Maliyah!" and "Who do we love? Maliyah!"

Houston Police Department officers were also seen walking with the crowd.

2-year-old Maliyah Bass whose body was found in southeast Houston bayou honored with 'justice walk'

This says “her body was found a week after she went missing”. Is this new information or do they mean that’s when she was identified? According to the mother’s statement, she was only missing for minutes before she called for help and less than a day until the body was found, I thought?
I am beyond disappointed with the lack of media attention in this case. When I googled for updates, there were none since September 4th. Maliyah's funeral was the end of media attention.

The only way I found about the following ABC 13 News report from September 28 about a justice walk for Maliyah, was by going to Maliyah's maternal grandmother's facebook page. Grandma organized the walk and is shown speaking in the video. I had to google "justice march for Maliyah" to find it.

There is no video evidence or media mention of Maliyah's mother or her boyfriend attending the "Justice For Maliyah" march. This didn't surprise me and was something I expected would happen.

But Houston Police Department officers did join the march. There should be no doubt how passionately LE will dedicate their efforts to bring a child murderer to justice. Give them time.

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Friends, family and supporters of 2-year-old Maliyah Bass, whose body was found in a southeast Houston bayou a week after she went missing in August, joined together on Saturday for a "justice walk."

Supporters walked from Sutherland Street to Brays Bayou near the area where Maliyah's body was found last month, shouting, "Justice for? Maliyah!" and "Who do we love? Maliyah!"

Houston Police Department officers were also seen walking with the crowd.

2-year-old Maliyah Bass whose body was found in southeast Houston bayou honored with 'justice walk'

This says “her body was found a week after she went missing”. Is this new information or do they mean that’s when she was identified? According to the mother’s statement, she was only missing for minutes before she called for help and less than a day until the body was found, I thought?

The article now says it was edited to make a correction and it states her body was found the next day.

Here is link to ABC13 report on charges in Maliyah Bass death.
Mother of Maliyah Bass and boyfriend charged in connection with girl's death
From your link:

Now, Houston police announced they have arrested Sahara Ervin, 20, and Travion Thompson, 21, for their alleged roles in the girl's death. They are charged with injury to a child and tampering with evidence, according to Houston police.
[Maliyah's bio dad] Bass said he called Maliyah's maternal grandmother the day before the girl was reported missing, asking if he could bring her back to Dallas to spend time with him.
Mother of Maliyah Bass and boyfriend charged in connection with girl's death

I'm very suspicious that Maliyah went "missing" right when her bio dad was asking to see her. It makes me wonder just how long she was deceased.

FB:
Trevion Thompson
https://www.facebook.com/sahara.ervin

Has anyone been able to find other sm profiles? It sickens me that Maliyah's mother did the (very bad) acting job by falling to the ground and that boyfriend Thompson, with his butt crack showing, howling about how he taught Maliyah her abc's, 123's (like the Jackson 5 song) and how he taught her to find her way home.

Ugh, I'm so angry at the moment. I think we all saw it coming and I'm grateful to LE for making the arrests happen but why oh why did they have to hurt this innocent little darling? Are they so stupid as to think they'd get away with this horrific crime?

Cripes, even Quanell X wouldn't advocate for them.

I am so thankful they have been arrested. They both seemed very fake from the beginning, and their stories kept falling apart. Everything they did was strange. Glad to see justice will hopefully be served.

Oh, and to add... I see on mom's FB that starting around mid January she stopped posting cute videos of Maliyah. I don't think anything happened to Maliyah then but is it possible that she began losing interest in her child? I know she supposedly met Thompson in April so I'm wondering if something was going on between January 15 and April.

The last video she posted of Maliyah appears to be on January, 13, 2020 - 13 days before her one year birthday. On January 15 she was pissed that her mother left a bag with shoes for Maliyah at the mall (I think).

It's possible I can't see all her posts due to my not being a FB "friend" (yeah, like that would ever happen) but I'm able to see her other posts. Any thoughts??

Oh, and to add... I see on mom's FB that starting around mid January she stopped posting cute videos of Maliyah. I don't think anything happened to Maliyah then but is it possible that she began losing interest in her child? I know she supposedly met Thompson in April so I'm wondering if something was going on between January 15 and April.

The last video she posted of Maliyah appears to be on January, 13, 2020 - 13 days before her one year birthday. On January 15 she was pissed that her mother left a bag with shoes for Maliyah at the mall (I think).

It's possible I can't see all her posts due to my not being a FB "friend" (yeah, like that would ever happen) but I'm able to see her other posts. Any thoughts??
When did mom move to Texas?
Wonder what prompted the move?
I’m guessing neither one was employed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member