Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas Brown Mystery on Texas Monthly was released today.

Tom Brown’s Body
Interesting. I'm intrigued to read the rest. However they probably didn't have to out his secrets like that...don't know what it accomplishes. I know how small towns are. Unless it was to further the opinion that he did in fact commit suicide.

Interesting. I'm intrigued to read the rest. However they probably didn't have to out his secrets like that...don't know what it accomplishes. I know how small towns are. Unless it was to further the opinion that he did in fact commit suicide.

Did I missing something? What secrets? o_O

I read the whole article today. It will be interesting to see what comes from this. I have always had a lot of respect for the author of the article. I am looking at the "facts" a little differently, but feel sure Tom was involved in foul play. JMO

I read the whole article today. It will be interesting to see what comes from this. I have always had a lot of respect for the author of the article. I am looking at the "facts" a little differently, but feel sure Tom was involved in foul play. JMO
I will be honest. I did think he was good egg in the past. But something about this article puts me off. His attitude, I guess. If I am recalling right, I feel like this was a '180' from his last article (though I could be wrong).

I’m just catching up on this case, the Hollandsworth podcast grabbed me. Have to say the last episode had one of the strangest comments I’ve ever heard in a case. Minor detail but strange.

Can anyone tell me the best podcast and website for catching up?

Would also appreciate a simple and brief rundown of the most common theories as to what happened.

I’m just catching up on this case, the Hollandsworth podcast grabbed me. Have to say the last episode had one of the strangest comments I’ve ever heard in a case. Minor detail but strange.

Can anyone tell me the best podcast and website for catching up?

Would also appreciate a simple and brief rundown of the most common theories as to what happened.

What comment caught your eye?

I like the Unfound Podcast about Thomas.

The most common theory is 'someone' in LE killed Tom, and then 'someones' (plural) in LE helped cover it up. There is a history of LE harassing Tom and when added to the inconsistencies from LE in the investigation, its not that far off to think LE is involved somehow.

Another theory is that something happened amongst the friend group, and Tom was killed accidentally. But then instead of reporting it, they covered it up with help from parents and/or LE.

What comment caught your eye?

It’s not lightly relevant but the comment from the ex gf that he wore adult diapers was out of deep left field. Not sure it means much, but not what I was expecting.

Thanks for the reply. Very helpful. Does the family feel like something in the friend group is off?

It’s not lightly relevant but the comment from the ex gf that he wore adult diapers was out of deep left field. Not sure it means much, but not what I was expecting.

Thanks for the reply. Very helpful. Does the family feel like something in the friend group is off?
I didn't catch that. I need to go back and re-listen.

*I* don't get the impression they think friends are involved. BUT they also just want to know who it is.

I didn't catch that. I need to go back and re-listen.

*I* don't get the impression they think friends are involved. BUT they also just want to know who it is.

It’s in the last few minutes of the second episode. Would also be in the print version.

It’s in the last few minutes of the second episode. Would also be in the print version.
Thank you. I will go find it. When I listened the first time I had people coming in and out so who knows what else I missed.

OK, lets chat about the adult diapers. In the Texas Monthly podcast, its been mentioned in episode 1 and 2.

IF this is true (and Penny says its not), then wouldn't it be reasonable to assume it was NOT Thomas who urinated a the back of his car? He wouldn't need to -- if he had on adult diapers. So if that is true, then someone else was with him.

That's the secret I was referring to in my last post. It was in the print version of the first write up. I was assuming it wasn't all the time....that it was more of his "fetish."

I'm not understanding why share it now though. Are they trying to drive the narrative that he was conflicted about this in small town conservative Texas and he committed suicide?

I've also heard the theory that he did in fact kill himself and that was covered up, his body moved.

That's the secret I was referring to in my last post. It was in the print version of the first write up. I was assuming it wasn't all the time....that it was more of his "fetish."

I'm not understanding why share it now though. Are they trying to drive the narrative that he was conflicted about this in small town conservative Texas and he committed suicide?

I've also heard the theory that he did in fact kill himself and that was covered up, his body moved.

Absolutely this. WHY now? Podcast and news channels have covered this. Why drop that bit out now? I guess I am not putting too much weight into it. It seems like that little tidbit would have leaked out before now (NO pun intended). I am also extremely bothered by the article put out over night (I think? I found it this am) by Dub. I have so many questions. I feel like he's making all these claims about who's innocent and hints at details but then never gives facts that provable by the general public. Maybe he's right.....but I cant shake the feeling that he doesn't really know what he thinks he knows. Maybe I am wrong though.

This case is just leaving me shaking my head. I feel like its now a pissing match (sorry to be crude) between the two sections. The silence from Klein and Penny do give me pause.

Absolutely this. WHY now? Podcast and news channels have covered this. Why drop that bit out now? I guess I am not putting too much weight into it. It seems like that little tidbit would have leaked out before now (NO pun intended). I am also extremely bothered by the article put out over night (I think? I found it this am) by Dub. I have so many questions. I feel like he's making all these claims about who's innocent and hints at details but then never gives facts that provable by the general public. Maybe he's right.....but I cant shake the feeling that he doesn't really know what he thinks he knows. Maybe I am wrong though.

This case is just leaving me shaking my head. I feel like its now a pissing match (sorry to be crude) between the two sections. The silence from Klein and Penny do give me pause.

Could you please link or DM me the link? I’m new to this case so don’t know the factions/discussion points.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members