Found Safe NC - Kristin Glass, 43, Topsail, 6 October 2020

swedeheart

Reaction score
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — Police in Wilmington need your help finding a missing woman.

The Wilmington Police Department says Kristin Glass, 43, last spoke to her family around 11:30 a.m. on October 5.

Family describes her as 5’ 5” tall, blonde hair, hazel eyes. They add she drives a gold 2001 Mercedes Benz E 320 with license tag CJB 9495. The front passenger side has a little broken piece near the parking light.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the WPD at (910) 343-3609.

Wilmington police need your help finding this woman - WWAY TV

Her Instagram:Login • Instagram

Her Facebook: Log into Facebook | Facebook

Wilmington PD Facebook: Wilmington, NC Police Department

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 04.44.46.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 04.44.46.png
    435.4 KB · Views: 88
Some more (alarming) info in the comments of the police fb post: Wilmington, NC Police Department
[snip]
Another comment that someone had copied from somewhere gives a timeline of the last day she was seen and where the phone was found. We can’t discuss it because it’s considered rumor but I hope someone creates a Find page for Kristin so we can.

Topsail is an island. There are only two bridges to the mainland. We spent a week on a nearby barrier island a couple of weeks ago. I was struck by how few of the houses were occupied. Most are seasonal rentals. I kept thinking how easy it would be for someone to squat in different houses overnight because there were no permanent residents around. That has nothing to do with this case, but it just gives you an idea of the area.

If I were investigating, I would first watch the bridge cameras to make sure the car made it back onto the island. I mean, I assume there are cameras.

Last edited:
For those unfamiliar with the area, Topsail Island/Surf City is a very short drive from Wilmington. So it wouldn't be unusual for a Wilmington local to be on the island. But, if she had business to attend to, it doesn't really make sense as running errands would be done in town. MOO

Where are you, Kristin?

edited because I shared info that wasn't in MSM

Her family is posting updates to the timeline as they get them from police. It's still not clear to me what she was doing in the Topsail Beach area and why she didn't return home that day.

Still more info (not alarming) in the comments at: Wilmington, NC Police Department

Where can I find this updated timeline? Is it on a page we’re allowed to discuss?

WPD investigating missing Wilmington woman whose flyer went viral on social media | Port City Daily

A Wilmington Police Department spokesperson said on Tuesday afternoon that police “are aware of social media posts circulating regarding the disappearance” of Glass, but the department could not discuss the specifics of the case without compromising the investigation.

“Detectives are taking this case very seriously and following various leads,” WPD spokesperson Jessica Williams said.

According to Gervase, a WPD detective said it is now believed Glass had thrown the phone out of a car window because she was afraid someone was tracking her location using the phone’s GPS information. This has not been confirmed by the Wilmington Police Department.

If she was afraid that she was being tracked (By whom? A significant other?) then it becomes more likely that she's missing voluntarily.

On the other hand it could show her state of mind or a possible relationship issue.

ETA: Last sighting according to the article from the preceding post (BBM):

Gervase said surveillance footage showed her inside a Wilmington bank at 3 p.m. — 45 minutes before a Topsail Beach property owner found her cell phone on the road.

Last edited:
The AWARE Foundation, Inc.
121106802_1780494095435683_9038049391753872378_n.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member