GUILTY TX - Maliyah 'Tootie' Bass, 2, Houston, 22 Aug 2020 *arrests* #2

There was probably no water in that baby's lungs. She was probably placed in the bayou to hide an egregious lack of care of this child. Their histrionics were a red flag for everyone. True justice will be no plea deals, no reduced charges. They don't deserve a reduced sentence. Poor, poor little girl.

Warning, upsetting details here

ABC13-Mycah Hatfield

The details are expected, but horrific.

LE knew immediately upon finding her body who was responsible, as her injuries were all consistent with child abuse.

The perpetrators had a whole day after her death to stage her disappearance and must have been feeling pretty successful that she ended up so far away from the storm drain where they put her.

Interesting to read that the boyfriend confessed first. He talked so much in the news interviews that I knew when LE got some time with him he would probably keep on talking until he talked himself into contradictions.

Are the photos of the parents their mugshots? Trying to figure out the big smile on the mother's face? Seems very disparate to the circumstances??

Only heard of this case this morning. Wish I hadn't. Hurts my heart and reminds me of our little butterfly Jhessye :(

Wow, wow, wow, suspected it was them but I'm still shocked by how she died, this was no accident. Broken arm, blunt force trauma. And is that the mugshot of mom? She is smiling, looks high. Funny how boyfriend deleted his last post explaining what happened all lies of course. I just have a feeling mom did it. MOO

First of all, I don’t believe a word the sackosh*t boyfriend has to say.

Secondly, the “mom’s” mugshot makes me what to both vomit and punch her.

I’m wondering about the storm drain. Would it if carried Maliyah to the bayou where she was found or was she moved? Not that it matters in the big picture... just curious.

Warning, upsetting details here

ABC13-Mycah Hatfield
Houston police said on Monday they again brought the couple in for questioning "after evidence of their involvement in the disappearance of Maliyah was discovered." They were arrested and charged the following day.
Maliyah Bass' body was put in storm drain, prosecutors say | khou.com

Ugh. From the article linked in the above tweet:
Warning! Graphic details follow...

According to court records, the autopsy showed Maliyah had a broken left forearm and extensive superficial blunt force trauma in the form of looped-pattern bruising all over her body. The medical examiner believes she was beaten with either an extension cord-like object or a hanger-like object.

The police investigation found Maliyah was last seen alive on security video at 12:40 a.m. on Aug. 20.
[Thompson] told police she beat her daughter with a hair brush on Aug. 20 because she was crying and would not go to sleep. Records say they then put her in a broom closet, naked. When they woke up on Aug. 21, Maliyah was dead.
Maliyah's body was dumped in storm drain, mom's boyfriend told police

Not to be judgmental about futile things, but when I saw the way they presented themselves I knew right away. They didn't take care of themselves, how were they going to take care of a toddler? The whole thing was pathetic, the screamming, the fake crying, the drama.
Also, he is definitely involved beyond the disposal of the body. Why would he even mention that he broke her toy box? I'm sure both put their nasty hands on that poor baby.
The whole situation breaks my heart, but knowing that her father was asking for her to come and spend some time with him for a while, makes it even worse. Maliyah had people that loved her.

Not to be judgmental about futile things, but when I saw the way they presented themselves I knew right away. They didn't take care of themselves, how were they going to take care of a toddler? The whole thing was pathetic, the screamming, the fake crying, the drama.
Also, he is definitely involved beyond the disposal of the body. Why would he even mention that he broke her toy box? I'm sure both put their nasty hands on that poor baby.
The whole situation breaks my heart, but knowing that her father was asking for her to come and spend some time with him for a while, makes it even worse. Maliyah had people that loved her.
Thompson's statement may be partially true but IMO the story still stinks. I believe the documented injuries for sure but there's a big chunk missing. To go from a whipping, even with objects, to a death overnight is a big leap. Something important has been left out and I believe it's something awful. Why was Maliyah put in the closet naked? Did LE find evidence in it?

And the timing of the father's request to see Maliyah is awfully tight - he asks the grandmother for a visit on the 21st, the day Thompson says Maliyah was found dead. Could there be a connection? I believe there is. Thompson was over the top about possession of Maliyah and IMO it didn't stem from love for her but rather his own selfish need for her to "choose" him over her own father.

Also wondering what medical reason kept Sahara Ervin from attending Probable Cause court today. Her smiling mugshot is off - maybe she was high?

Thompson's statement may be partially true but IMO the story still stinks. I believe the documented injuries for sure but there's a big chunk missing. To go from a whipping, even with objects, to a death overnight is a big leap. Something important has been left out and I believe it's something awful. Why was Maliyah put in the closet naked? Did LE find evidence in it?

And the timing of the father's request to see Maliyah is awfully tight - he asks the grandmother for a visit on the 21st, the day Thompson says Maliyah was found dead. Could there be a connection? I believe there is. Thompson was over the top about possession of Maliyah and IMO it didn't stem from love for her but rather his own selfish need for her to "choose" him over her own father.

Also wondering what medical reason kept Sahara Ervin from attending Probable Cause court today. Her smiling mugshot is off - maybe she was high?
Oh yeah, she was most likely super out of it when she was arrested. Does she even know he put all the blame on her? Because that's exactly what he did.
I'm having some trouble understanding how Maliyah died. She had a broken arm and was clearly beaten, but can someone die from a beating if the head is not hit? Could she have died from internal bleeding, or something? I'm only assuming she didn't get head injuries because they don't seem to mention any.
The timing is very "interesting", she ends up dead on the day her father asks for time with her. Could his request have precipitated it, as in, the mother was already angry because the father wanted Maliyah to go spend time with him and beat her, or was this poor baby already hanging by a thread and they realized they couldn't explain her injuries and just "finished" killing her?

Oh yeah, she was most likely super out of it when she was arrested. Does she even know he put all the blame on her? Because that's exactly what he did.
I'm having some trouble understanding how Maliyah died. She had a broken arm and was clearly beaten, but can someone die from a beating if the head is not hit? Could she have died from internal bleeding, or something? I'm only assuming she didn't get head injuries because they don't seem to mention any.
The timing is very "interesting", she ends up dead on the day her father asks for time with her. Could his request have precipitated it, as in, the mother was already angry because the father wanted Maliyah to go spend time with him and beat her, or was this poor baby already hanging by a thread and they realized they couldn't explain her injuries and just "finished" killing her?
Yeah, I suspect we'll get more information eventually. We know that Probable Cause affidavits usually contain just enough evidence to persuade the court that the charges have merit. But yeah, there's something that specifically caused Maliyah's death that we don't yet know.

IMO it was important to Thompson that everyone knew he played a big role acting as Maliyah's "father." Abc, 123...

Her bio dad wanted to see her and it's likely she had severe bruising (and the broken arm) so they couldn't let him see her.

Bio dad and mother used the grandmother as intermediary, which says mom probably hated the man so we can't ignore vengeful anger on her part.

Also IMO abuse towards Maliyah by mom and boyfriend was ongoing and probably escalating. MOO.

You can die from a beating even without a head injury, especially if we are talking about a child of Maliyah's size.

We may eventually hear that there was a head injury, but if not she might have died from a ruptured spleen, liver, or other tears/wounds to other internal organs. Shock from the pain of her broken arm (and the medical examiner will know if it was a "fresh" break that occurred that night) and other injuries could have played a significant role in her death. If she was dehydrated or in other ways neglected before this, she would not have had the reserve to survive.

She was just so little.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck