Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to add a tidbit about MG hearing BMs truck at her house. I am pretty sure I read that his truck is a diesel..... or "Powerstroke" since its a Ford, and its pretty new. I swear, I am getting to a point!

All diesels, the cummins, they duramax, and the powerstroke all have very different sounds. My boys can tell you what of the 3 is pulling up before they see it. Very distinctive.

Anyways, when a truck is still under warranty, and has stock exhaust you literally have a hard time hearing them run. The new ones are almost quieter than a car. When mine had factory exhaust on it, I used to catch heck all the time about it. Ie.... is that thing running lol. Then I put a 5 inch straight pipe with an 8 inch tip on it. First time it kicked into high idle in the winter time at the grocery story, workers ran out thinking an airplane was going to crash thru the store!!

I guess I'm having a real hard time believing that MG actually heard the truck BM was driving, pull up.

Especially at 4am on Saturday night/Sunday morning. Unless like you said, he made modifications to the exhaust. But something definitely seems off. Like why would she be getting ready and grabbing her things at 4am to rush outside? Why not just glance out your window to see what/whose truck it is first before getting ready and grabbing your things?

MG. Cooperating w LE?
@EggSalad Agreeing, MG's move seems strange.
You're thinking MG cooperates w LE for reduced charges re MG's (whatever) involvement w SM's disappearance.
Maybe. Makes sense.
Or what about in exchange for reduced charges/leniency re a totally unrelated crim charge?
Like...? What did BM say about her?

Just wondering. my2cts.

yeah, she could have multiple reasons to be cooperating(moo) but if she’s tied to being an accomplice to murder, that probably outweighs any drug charges.

Speculation:
What, if BM had borrowed MG's car for some hours on Saturday afternoon/night and brought it back to MG's parking lot at 4am Sunday morning, to take over his truck again? MG heard BM's truck running at 4am on Sunday morning in front of her home. It would be so-to-say half of a lie, she told, concealing only the exchange of cars earlier on that day. Possible or what do others think?

Something like that could be possible. I get the feeling MG wasn’t involved in the murder but somehow helped with the cover up, possibly without even knowing what she was doing at the time. I think MG’s story thus far is half truth/half lie, hence why she has not taken a polygraph.

I noted something when looking at satellite view of the house. Monarch Spur RV Park and Campground is only a short distance from the house and there is a power line right of way that runs behind both of them (not to mention a bunch of what appear to be fire roads/jeep trails/ATV trails. Not sure why, but that is bugging me. In my neck of the woods, power line right of ways are navigable by ATV's and other off road capable vehicles.

Those trails have always stuck out to me. Someone could hop on an electric hunting bike and cover 20 or so miles and go completely undetected from sound, site, and gps. And BM could access them with barely having to leave his driveway.

Last edited:
Those trails have always stuck out to me. Someone could hop on an electric hunting bike and cover 20 or so miles and go completely undetected from sound, site, and gps. And BM could access them with barely having to leave his driveway.

Very true.

I guess what is bugging me is that campgrounds are used on occasion by transients who live in RV's. It is just as possible that SM was transported from her home to a waiting RV at the park. And by RV, I mean anything from a motorhome to a pickup with a small slide in camper. Wonder if LE checked who was staying at the campground during the time SM went missing? We have had issues here with transients living in campgrounds and doing seasonal work on construction projects. One campground was shut down and another limited the number of days one could stay in the spot. Edited to add, wonder if anyone employed by the actor at one time or another was staying at that campground?

I am about 10 pages behind but I can't help but wonder if we don't have a "KK" in this case like we did in Kelsey Berreth, Patrick Frazee. I've been wondering about this for quite awhile now. .........

I hope so even though it leaves a bad taste when an accomplice of some sort gets a great deal to avoid a lot of prison time.

The only thing that doesnt make sense to me if she is:

She did the one media interview recently and I always thought if there was a witness that was going to testify then wouldn't she have been told to not do any media interviews and to keep quiet until her testimony is needed.

That interview is what makes me think she may not have any sort of agreement with LE about testifying.

Definitely 3 different notes. Not only is the handwriting different on all 3, but the 2nd one is torn along the top edge, so it's only part of a longer letter. It's hard to tell if the 3rd one is torn along the top edge from these pics, but these 3 portions are not from one note. Different paper/stationary, too. So BM found a few love letters and clipped out the best parts to show the world. What a guy.

Exactly. The torn one is obviously torn off near the top of that one.

Especially at 4am on Saturday night/Sunday morning. Unless like you said, he made modifications to the exhaust. But something definitely seems off. Like why would she be getting ready and grabbing her things at 4am to rush outside? Why not just glance out your window to see what/whose truck it is first before getting ready and grabbing your things?

yeah, she could have multiple reasons to be cooperating(moo) but if she’s tied to being an accomplice to murder, that probably outweighs any drug charges.

Something like that could be possible. I get the feeling MG wasn’t involved in the murder but somehow helped with the cover up, possibly without even knowing what she was doing at the time. I think MG’s story thus far is half truth/half lie, hence why she has not taken a polygraph.

Also, wasn't it at 4am that BM was driving around texting his workers? I got confused typing up the synopsis yesterday bc if he was texting at 4am, why would he just show up at MG's? That would mean he had been in contact with her BEFORE 4am, if she thought he was there to get her. Now, maybe, as we've seen before, the times are getting mixed up, but this makes no sense. MG would have to have had knowledge that BM was possibly coming to pick her up (earlier than 4am) if she thought it was him outside, and grabbed her stuff to go.

I was really giving her the benefit of the doubt, but something is not right with her story now.

(snipped for focus)

I agree with you, something is off with this statement, if MG did in fact say it.

When this info (BM being outside her home, in his truck at 4am, then gone) was revealed on NG yesterday it immediately made me side eye MG, whereas I really didn't before. Of course it would help to hear her actually describe it or see her actual quote on it. IMO

I'm puzzled as to why Barry would even contact Suzanne's dad first, as Indiana Code § 29-3-6-1(a)(4)(A) specifically states that notice of the guardianship petition & hearing must be given to:

The alleged incapacitated person, the alleged incapacitated person's spouse, and the alleged incapacitated person's adult children, or if none, the alleged incapacitated person's parents.

Per the General Assembly's wording, it would seem that giving notice to the adult Morphew daughter is required per the statute. Notice to Suzanne's parent(s) would only be necessary if there were no adult children.

I can imagine that perhaps Barry contacted the Moormans first prior to hiring counsel. Barry may have thought, erroneously, that he had to contact Suzanne's living parent first. Barry's attorney would've corrected his belief & advised him that his adult daughter was the person who needed to be given notice.

It seems obvious he didn't have an attorney advising him.
I suspect his motive was to keep their adult daughter in the dark about what he was doing.

jmo

Definitely 3 different notes. Not only is the handwriting different on all 3, but the 2nd one is torn along the top edge, so it's only part of a longer letter. It's hard to tell if the 3rd one is torn along the top edge from these pics, but these 3 portions are not from one note. Different paper/stationary, too. So BM found a few love letters and clipped out the best parts to show the world. What a guy.
@Hoosierfan72 and @swedeheart I agree with both of you.
Yesterday I posted this:
"I took it as two seperate items.
Something else bothers me. Why is this letter folded? It looks to be folded in a way that only certain parts are shown...
Why??"

Why did he hand a reporter pieces and parts of old letters? Answer is simple, he chose pieces to shove his narritve. His narritive all along has been to push how they are a "godly loving, caring family."

BM is preoccupied with validating his own self worth.

BM is trying to manipulate others into seeing him as better than he really is.

That begs the question, what is the opposite of a loving, caring, godly husband???

BM shows us lovey dovey parts of letters, yet AM finds out information about d-i-v-o-r-c-e.....

Why did he hand a reporter pieces and parts of old letters? Answer is simple, he chose pieces to shove his narritve. His narritive all along has been to push how they are a "godly loving, caring family."

BM is preoccupied with validating his own self worth.

BM is trying to manipulate others into seeing him as better than he really is.

That begs the question, what is the opposite of a loving, caring, godly husband???

BM shows us lovey dovey parts of letters, yet AM finds out information about d-i-v-o-r-c-e.....[/QUOTE]

Where did divorce comment occur? I had not heard or seen that. But I certainly could have missed it. Thank you in advance

(snipped for focus)

I agree with you, something is off with this statement, if MG did in fact say it.

When this info (BM being outside her home, in his truck at 4am, then gone) was revealed on NG yesterday it immediately made me side eye MG, whereas I really didn't before. Of course it would help to hear her actually describe it or see her actual quote on it. IMO

I'm a bit confused about MG's recall of events on Mother's Day. Or at least the way they're being reported.

In her interview with LS, she describes being kind of surprised (praphrasing) that a job in Broomfield that had been rescheduled twice, that was originally only supposed to need her and BM working on it, was suddenly in immediate need of a crew, that very day. Surprised when BM called her that morning "last minute he changed everything", wanting her to put a crew together, sounding frantic, and not at all like himself. She says she hung up the phone and thought he'd just had the worst night of his life. “I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

And now, we learn from the NG podcast, that MG thought she heard BM's truck at her place Mother's Day Sunday at 4 in the morning, and that she thought "all right, we better get going" (assuming, going to work?). Unless there was some kind of previous contact about working in Broomfield that day, why would she assume that it was BM, and that it was time to "get going"? According to what CM says here, it was after she heard the truck that the call/text came in about her getting a crew together to head to Broomfield.

At the 25:00 mark

So... is MG psychic?

I mean, it makes zero sense for her to assume it was time to "get going" if she hadn't even heard from him yet. o_O

which begs the question - when did he contact her father and when did he contact and pay the attorney for the guardianship?

The extra 11 minute NG podcast, CM says GM told him, it was within a couple of weeks after SM went missing.

ETA and it took him less than a week later to get the adult daughter on board, since he filed 06.01 - only 3 weeks after she disappeared and "it looks like she's not coming back". Ugh. :mad:

Last edited:
(snipped for focus)

It feels a little bit like a pre-explanation as to why any neighbors might have seen his truck at her apartment at 4am and why she would have been fully dressed outside at that time.

To me (imo) the two notes that she brings each sentence with "I remember" must be part of the same note. I also feel like the ink and the flow of the letters and words are the same on both. The "you make life sweeter" card is obviously different but I think the bottom two are from the same note.

ETA the one that begins "have. I remember our wedding day" is cut off weird on top, straight through the words and cut, not torn...unless she wrote up to the right and slightly off the paper.

What does it mean? Probably nothing but it's interesting to speculate. Something about the cards is very sad. They look like they've been handled a few times and folded into a pocket. Like maybe Barry had nothing to do with it, his behaviors are simply inexplicable, and he's in pain at the loss of his "true love 4ever". I'd really love nothing more than not to believe someone SM has loved and trusted for most of her life has anything to do with her disappearance.

As a cancer survivor myself I want to think SM just up and left on her own after some deep self reflection. I don't believe she'd be so selfish to put her family through this though, but you never know. There are so many bizarre things in this case.

Last edited:
Okay but why??? Am I missing something? It would make more sense if he was dropping her off or picking her up or knocked on her door or called/texted her that he was there. But MG said she heard the truck and knew it was BM and then he left which makes no sense to me. And is it just me that thinks it’s rude as **** to go to someone’s house unexpectedly and wake them up at 4 am unless it’s an emergency? I don’t care if it is your boss. And doesn’t she have a young child? I don’t know why I’m hung up on this one thing any more than any of the other weirdness going on but I obviously am. ;) Maybe it just sounds shady and incomplete.
Well, it has been opined by many here that the certain someone hasn't proven themselves as being the brightest bulb... so I suspect the move was not fully thought out, or maybe that certain someone wanted to foster doubt 'were they there were they not there'... who knows.

It also is possible MG ha snot reported accurate info, not intentionally but that she is incorrect that the certain someone's vehicle was even there.

At this point, this element is not verified fact.

The extra 11 minute NG podcast, CM says GM told him, it was within a couple of weeks after SM went missing.
that is what I suspected. So, my guess is he contacted the lawyer after her dad said he would not sign it. probably by that Friday in order to get the money to the attorney and start the paperwork, have everything signed and returned and then submitted to the Court.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members