MI - 14 men charged in plot to kidnap Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer, Oct 2020 *8 guilty, 5 NG*

“It’s just a charge, and they say a 'plot to kidnap' and you got to remember that. Are they trying to kidnap? Because a lot of people are angry with the governor, and they want her arrested. So are they trying to arrest or was it a kidnap attempt? Because you can still in Michigan if it's a felony, make a felony arrest,” Leaf said
“I think it's MCL 764.4, 764.5 somewhere on there [MCL 764.16]and it doesn't say if you are an elected office that you're exempt from that arrest. I have to look at it from that angle and I’m hoping that's more what it is, in fact, these guys are innocent till proven guilty so I’m not even sure if they had any part of it,” Leaf added.
Man charged in plot to kidnap Whitmer, shared stage with West Michigan sheriff at rally

Is this person trying to say that these guys were on the right side of the law in Michigan? Because they were just making a "citizen's arrest"?

I don't think citizen's arrest laws, in any state, do what Lead is trying to say. Of course they're legally innocent.

For now. It sounds as if there was a conspiracy to commit kidnapping at the very least. It's scary to hear such an apologist.

These men are not normal, attempts to normalize their behavior. Thank goodness Facebook did the right thing for once, in alerting the FBI.

Who is Gretchen Whitmer and what is her history with Trump?

On Thursday, Governor Whitmer said:

“Our head of state has spent the last seven months denying science, ignoring his own health experts, stoking distrust, fomenting anger and giving comfort to those that spread fear and hatred and division,” she said.

“Just last week the president of the United States stood before the American people and refused to condemn white supremacists and hate groups like these two Michigan militia groups.

"Hate groups heard the president's words not as a rebuke, but as a rallying cry, a call to action."

Is this person trying to say that these guys were on the right side of the law in Michigan? Because they were just making a "citizen's arrest"?

I don't think citizen's arrest laws, in any state, do what Lead is trying to say. Of course they're legally innocent.

For now. It sounds as if there was a conspiracy to commit kidnapping at the very least. It's scary to hear such an apologist.

These men are not normal, attempts to normalize their behavior. Thank goodness Facebook did the right thing for once, in alerting the FBI.
It's scary to hear such an apologist.

it's even scarier that he's a Sheriff.
Michigan sheriff says Gov. Whitmer’s stay-at-home order is akin to mass arrest

Whitmer conspiracy allegations tied to 'boogaloo' movement

Several of the men charged with a conspiracy to kidnap Michigan's governor have histories of anti-government organizing, according to their online profiles.

Several of the six men charged in federal court Thursday with a conspiracy to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer have histories of anti-government organizing, as well as interest in countering what they saw as an "uprising" against President Donald Trump, according to their online profiles and comments.

In addition, several of the seven men facing separate state terrorism charges for their activity with a group called the Wolverine Watchmen also posted pro-Trump and anti-government content.

The men have not yet appeared in court or entered pleas...

This makes me very worried for the future, especially if Trump loses the election. Will the FBI and state and local LE be able to keep up with the conspiracies, dangerous plots, and possibly armed attacks? Frankly, this scares the heck out of me. MOO

This makes me very worried for the future, especially if Trump loses the election. Will the FBI and state and local LE be able to keep up with the conspiracies, dangerous plots, and possibly armed attacks? Frankly, this scares the heck out of me. MOO

The only "boogaloo" that I know about is the dance craze :D This group's aspirations have nothing to do with dancing :eek:

It is very scary, almost as if everyone is devolving into 3rd world type antics ie Taliban ect.
speculation, imo.

I'm an ex-Pat, British husband of nearly 20 years, we moved to the UK from the US almost six years ago.

And because this isn't a political forum, that's all I'm going to say about that, other than things are really crazy and devolving all over.

If you do a little research. There are videos of these guys spewing their beliefs.

They hate the government, LE, and call Trump a Tyrant. They are NOT left or right wing anything. They are anarchists and even display that flag in the videos.

Closer to the antifa than anything else.

If you do a little research. There are videos of these guys spewing their beliefs.

They hate the government, LE, and call Trump a Tyrant. They are NOT left or right wing anything. They are anarchists and even display that flag in the videos.

One has done all that. What about the other 12?

Thank you for pointing out that antifa is neither left- nor right-wing. Appreciate the distinction.

sigh...these guys are not antifa

One has done all that. What about the other 12?

Thank you for pointing out that antifa is neither left- nor right-wing. Appreciate the distinction.

Hopefully, normal left leaning or right leaning Americans are horrified by the actions antifa and these anarchists. Any "extreme" is not 99.999999% of the population no matter how hard political types try to push it.

sigh...these guys are not antifa

Love your avatar - have that picture on my desk.

No. Anyone saying they are antifa is either very mistaken or is deliberately misinforming.

Opposite of antifa.

And there is no antifa (but there are a lot of people upset with this right wing militia business and how it has infiltrated police - the FBI says, anyway).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crime.junkie
Back