Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have been good if Jubes could have been heard, so he could speak more about this.
I imagine that a certain amount of info would have been written on the warrant application(s) for the surveillance devices, but I would imagine there was more to it than just what was filled in on the applications(s).

I mean, they set the guy up with a fake spiderman suit, had a psychologist involved in that. Why?
They didn't do that to the Wilsons or other close neighbours on the street.
The surveillance device recordings are worth listening to in their entirety. IMO
Completely agree, SA.

'Det Chief Insp Laidlaw [told the court] there are "a number" of cars captured on CCTV from the Kendall Tennis Club on the day William vanished that "we can't or have yet to identify".'
- tweet by Lia Harris (@LiaJHarris), 07 Oct 2020

None of the news reports I've checked have mentioned this information. Has anybody seen an explanation or any discussion? Was there any follow-up at the inquest?

These cars were captured in 2014 - I think it was late 14 or early 15 they were calling on people to ID themselves if they drove past the Tennis Courts.

I'd have to guess if they are not looking through more recent surveillance footage, they are not looking through this footage either. It's just another "we don't have the time".

I wasn't here yesterday, but I would just like to say - wow at Williams sister. What a smart, level headed grown up girl she has become.

I think both sets of parents would be, or should be, so proud of her for making her statement/recording.

I wasn't here yesterday, but I would just like to say - wow at Williams sister. What a smart, level headed grown up girl she has become.

I think both sets of parents would be, or should be, so proud of her for making her statement/recording.

Sleep, she sounds like a very well rounded girl for just 10 years old. She typed out what she wanted to say on the FM computer the evening before. Than yesterday morning she wanted to record it & have it played to the court. The first go she was crying. So she wanted to do it again & did. It was recorded onto the MFC phone & held it up to the microphones. I wasn't expecting it & it was quite emotional really. She spoke in a very confident way, was very articulate , if you didn't know how old she was , you would have thought she was much older

She is going to go places I'm sure! :)

The FFC spoke about how she had recently told her that her memories of William are almost gone :(:(:(

Kelly sums it up perfectly

I haven't been able to stop thinking about William's sister, wise beyond her years. Her words ending a long 18 months in Lidcombe and Taree. And now we wait for answers which may never come. #WilliamTyrrell

https://twitter.com/KellyFedor

I went today :)

Findings will be handed down on 18/6/2021

William's sister broke my heart. Such an articulate & impressive little girl. Her opening words " This is my brother we're talking about, in my mind no one is trying.......:(:(

It was also good to hear the FF absolutely out the trolls & abusers who have caused them no end of grief ( who only 2 weeks ago took photos of William's sister playing sport :mad: ) some who they said were have been sitting in the public gallery & also took photos of them inside Taree court & posted online :mad:

The FF spoke about 5 areas

1 William
2 The disappearance
3 Where's William
4 Under Attack
5What we hope for

The Bio GM sat in the witness box while Swift read a statement ( was all about Bio dad & her ) very little mention of Bio mum :(
Im just shaking my head about this,how dare they..and who the hell do they think they are grrrrr im glad the ff gave them what for as well..it must be so hard to keep control of that anger

Resources not the issue: Tyrrell detective

Resources not the issue: Tyrrell detective

New information, not police resources, is what's needed to progress the investigation into William Tyrrell's disappearance, the boy's inquest has been told.

Five investigators are currently assigned to the case, down three from earlier in the year and from a peak of about 26.

At this stage, no resources other than information will help, Det Chief Insp Laidlaw said.
he sounds incredibly lazy

If the police arent interested in looking through their camera footage etc, maybe they should call for volunteers from WS to do it, sometimes I feel like we are more interested in solving the disappearance than the police. Some of us have invested a lot of time over the years, there isnt much we dont know... not like we would need much bringing up to speed.
I wonder why they're not interested? They said they haven't ruled anyone out but at the same time they seem to know they won't find what they're looking for on the footage.

It's like they have made up their minds, and are now just hoping for a specific piece of evidence to come through.

The purpose of an inquest in relation to a missing person (presumed deceased) is to try to determine how the person (presumably) died. With a secondary purpose of trying to prevent such deaths in the future.

In every inquest I have ever followed or read its Coronial report, all of the witnesses are people who are either involved in the death, or have information about the death.
If people have been ruled out of the death by the police, it is a waste of time having them appear at an inquest.

I think we need to be careful to remember the purpose of an inquest.

IMO

A Coronial Inquest is a formal hearing in a courtroom concerning the death or suspected death of a person. The inquest is led by the Coroner to gather more information about whether a death has occurred, and if so, the cause and circumstances of the death.
Coronial process.

Sadly I agree & acknowledge your comments SA, and it’s with such disappointment.
As I understand it, a Coronial inquiry is conducted in order to gain information about the Subject and the circumstances surrounding that Subject’s death. It’s so sad & I can’t begin to imagine how confronting for all who were closely involved with William (it’s breaks my heart yet I never met him)
An inquest isn’t a trial. It’s not even about deciding whether a person is guilty of an offence or civilly liable.

Am So disappointed. I see this ‘played’ to meet requirements. IMO this has been a total waste of time, a discussing USE of family emotions, also of our Tax Payer $.

Yet it’ll take until Mid next year to make a judgement! On What ? What’s the remuneration given for that I wonder ?

Guess I need to take a Chill Pill & have Faith!

Thanks all for being there as a Team & I know we’ll continue to pray for guidance & answers for William.

The emotional gift that left William Tyrrell's inquest in tears

It was a poignant gift that triggered an eerie silence throughout the courtroom and tears from police, a former homicide detective, lawyers, reporters and those who loved William Tyrrell.

A black book of never-before-seen photographs of the three-year-old boy was handed to Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame at the conclusion of an inquest into his disappearance.

snip

William's birth father was unable to attend the remaining hearings this week after having his jaw broken by another patient while being treated for mental health at a Sydney hospital.

snip

"Some of the people behind these deeply personal attacks have sat in the gallery of this very courtroom," the foster mother said.

Those trolls — some of whom have gone as far to travel to Taree for two of the hearings — were sitting in Lidcombe Coroner's Court on Thursday.

NoCookies | The Australian

A sister’s devotion must drive us to find William Tyrrell

She wrote her little speech herself, and recorded it onto a mobile phone so NSW deputy state coroner Harriet Grahame could hear it. And so it was that her voice rang out, clear and beautiful as the chime of a bell.

“I hope this speech makes you solve the case,” she said. “If it doesn’t, when I’m officially an adult, I will be a police officer, a detective specifically, and I will find my brother and I won’t give up until he’s found.”

And oh, how poised she sounded. There was not a waver. No dry eyes, either. Because, of course, it can’t be left to a little girl to solve this monstrous crime.

Laidlaw strove to assure the court everything that could have been done to find William had now been done. Police have tried to identify every car in the vicinity of Benaroon Drive that morning, by taking CCTV from the Kendall Tennis Club, and by looking at footage from speed and mobile phone cameras on the nearby freeway — and calling on every owner of the registration plates asking them to explain themselves.

snip

That is gutting for his loved ones, but then the entire inquest has been frustrating. Counsel assisting Gerard Craddock adopted far too ponderous an approach to the evidence. He was slow to the get to the point, or else there seemed to be no point.

They are taking photos of the sister? Are you serious? After all these years people are still stalking them? I think family needs to move asap. Remember their address is still on the internet. I am sure that they are established in their community but this is concerning. Some of you said she sounds much older than her years and she will be 12/13 years old in a couple of years. I have teenage daughters and they want to go places without mummy and daddy in tow. I am a big girl now as my daughter likes to say. We still don't know who took William or if one person or several are involved. I also believe FM about the cars she saw. I hope the sister doesn't go missing as I said she will want to go places by herself soon. They need to move and I hope the authorities are taking the stalking serious

They are taking photos of the sister? Are you serious? After all these years people are still stalking them? I think family needs to move asap. Remember their address is still on the internet. I am sure that they are established in their community but this is concerning. Some of you said she sounds much older than her years and she will be 12/13 years old in a couple of years. I have teenage daughters and they want to go places without mummy and daddy in tow. I am a big girl now as my daughter likes to say. We still don't know who took William or if one person or several are involved. I also believe FM about the cars she saw. I hope the sister doesn't go missing as I said she will want to go places by herself soon. They need to move and I hope the authorities are taking the stalking serious

Yes I'm serious EllaN, they will not stop at anything sadly :( Changing addresse's won't make any difference IMO

I have also, personally been on the receiving end of their abhorrent behaviour in person :mad:

Yes I'm serious EllaN, they will not stop at anything sadly :( Changing addresse's won't make any difference IMO

I have also, personally been on the receiving end of their abhorrent behaviour in person :mad:

I had no idea and I assume the authorities can't do much . They won't stop and will probably approach the sister when she turns 18. So sorry , this is unbelievable

She wrote her little speech herself, and recorded it onto a mobile phone so NSW deputy state coroner Harriet Grahame could hear it. And so it was that her voice rang out, clear and beautiful as the chime of a bell.

“I hope this speech makes you solve the case,” she said. “If it doesn’t, when I’m officially an adult, I will be a police officer, a detective specifically, and I will find my brother and I won’t give up until he’s found.”

And oh, how poised she sounded. There was not a waver. No dry eyes, either. Because, of course, it can’t be left to a little girl to solve this monstrous crime.

Laidlaw strove to assure the court everything that could have been done to find William had now been done. Police have tried to identify every car in the vicinity of Benaroon Drive that morning, by taking CCTV from the Kendall Tennis Club, and by looking at footage from speed and mobile phone cameras on the nearby freeway — and calling on every owner of the registration plates asking them to explain themselves.

snip

That is gutting for his loved ones, but then the entire inquest has been frustrating. Counsel assisting Gerard Craddock adopted far too ponderous an approach to the evidence. He was slow to the get to the point, or else there seemed to be no point.
I haven't been able to access CO's article in The Australian, but just in relation to this part of the excerpt posted by drsleuth:

"Laidlaw strove to assure the court everything that could have been done to find William had now been done. Police have tried to identify every car in the vicinity of Benaroon Drive that morning, by taking CCTV from the Kendall Tennis Club, and by looking at footage from speed and mobile phone cameras on the nearby freeway — and calling on every owner of the registration plates asking them to explain themselves." BBM

According to the NRMA (a motorists' organisation):
"Mobile phone detection cameras in New South Wales came into operation in December 2019 around the state."

So, if the article is correct, police must have been doing some searches for the unidentified car(s) quite recently.

snip

I'm sorry, but I don't believe that to be so. IMO.

BBM. I'm so sorry that happened to you doc. Please know that the rest of us decent people respect you and appreciate your input.

Are you able to report them or do something about it? I guess being the decent person that you are you don't want to pursue it; it just irks me when these trolls seem immune to the law. Not to mention common decency. IMO

BBM. I'm so sorry that happened to you doc. Please know that the rest of us decent people respect you and appreciate your input.

Are you able to report them or do something about it? I guess being the decent person that you are you don't want to pursue it; it just irks me when these trolls seem immune to the law. Not to mention common decency. IMO
Thanks P & G. Their behaviour is well known around court & everything is on cctv ;)

I really can't be bothered with them really. But karma will get them in the end ;)

It's just not good enough, doc, is it? There's something about it that seems very strange. :(
Not good enough in my book either.
What has this ‘inquest’ delivered ( oh, that’s right, we have to wait until June next year to hear! That in itself is ridiculous, un-empathic & smacks of poor time-planning in my opinion) and what has it Cost ? ?

Guess it comes from a different budget - otherwise perhaps the resources needed to follow up all the information obtained may be available - do any of them really care I wonder.

What do those 5 investigators & 2 analysts do, day in & day out, if not checking all that stuff ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288