Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they moved to Colorado because Barry loves hunting, and that house and land provided him the perfect place with which to do that.

He didn’t give a damn about what Suzanne wanted.

I think where the manipulation may have come in, is convincing Suzanne to move there in the first place.
Agreed and in the middle of chemo? If that’s the case then oh heck no...
JMO

BM Hiding Real Estate?
... if all the owned items are safely hidden under that non profit....
@PaulaDC sbm bbm "Safely hidden under that non profit"??? Maybe I'm imagining something waaay different than ^ post contemplates.

First why would BM want to hide this prop or other r/e? Hide from whom? Spouse, offspring, in-laws, other family, a criminal mob, drug lords, IRS, DEA, other LE or gov't entities, business or personal creditors, bankruptcy courts?
If BM wants to hide this prop by transferring title to SMHope Fdtn., to cover some nefarious actions, all he has done is turn the spotlight on himself, imo.

Ok, sign a deed to convey ownership of PP prop to the fdtn? A deed that has to be recorded in a county office, where LE of every stripe and the public can see it? Beyond BM signing his John Hancock on the deed, typically r/e closings require Seller/grantor and Buyer/grantee to provide info, like, oh, for example, Soc Sec. numbers. Some info from r/e transactions is sent to IRS and state tax/revenue departments.

Does BM want to claim his transfer of prop to the fdtn was a gift? On BM's next fed inc tax Form 1040, does he plan to itemize deductions on Schedule A, claim a contribution to SMHF, a 501(c)(3) organization? If $1,500,000 was amt (I've forgotten) they paid for prop, then that is his cost basis, and deduction for that particular gift is limited to that amt., not the fair mkt value at time gift is made. Next, IRS imposes limits on how much a donor can claim (iiuc, could be wrong), 30 % 0r 50% of donor's adjusted gross income/AGI. Not a tax credit, where $1 of tax liability is offset by $1 tax credit. What is his/their income, just asking rhetorically? Claiming a gift may not be so advantageous as it may first appear.

Now onto SMHF which would (in this hypo discussion) own the prop. Assuming SMHF's board of directors and some hypo future employee(s) are mere puppets bowing to his tyrannical control, and they nod their heads saying yessir to selling the PP prop, then what? Would a buyer pay $ 1,500,000 for a home without a title insurance company issuing a title insurance policy? Seems a sale would tend to go thru legit connections w r/e agent/broker, title ins co, likely buyer's lender, et al. Ok, sale closes; proceeds are paid to SMHF. Then how is $$ returned to BM? Salary paid to him as fdtn employee, which would be taxed as earned income, so higher tax rate & than if he had sold PP prop, like most anybody else. Or how would $ used to his advantage?

I cannot imagine how anyone in BM's shoes would try to hide prop like this. Or why. ;)Maybe I am too far back in the cave or too far up in the stratosphere.:) jm2cts

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p526.pdf page 15

Last edited:
Yeah, since he referenced how BM grew up, I thought he would have been from Alexandria. I don't believe he is. He could very well know BM from college or maybe he's related through marriage or something along those lines. JMO, MOO.

BM has many aunts and uncles which could possibly make this person a cousin. JMO

Well LE sure weren’t interested in digging up the beach area so they definitely aren’t going to tear up those people’s yard or driveway now without a very solid tip. I keep thinking what if she IS buried under the concrete slab and has been there all along? Unless someone confesses they will never destroy the floors of that new home after all that damage they already did. And if Suzanne is under that concrete but just in a different spot, that would explains BM’s arrogance. I wonder why the FBI only dug up the concrete and sifted through the dirt in that one location? What did they see there and why were they satisfied without digging up the whole foundation? Was a cadaver dog used there and that’s the only spot the dog hit on? I have watched several of the videos PE posted about cadaver dogs and the smell can drift or be off by several feet or more depending on the conditions. Or if it was because of ground penetrating radar did GPR locate an anomaly there?

I have always thought the machinery noise heard by the neighbor was important. It doesn’t take 30 minutes (or longer since she was woken up after it had already started) to load up a Bobcat. Add to that BM laid the dirt there on Friday and he knew the concrete was about to be poured. And his sketchy behavior on Saturday telling MG to rake the beach flat and sending her home early. Somehow all these events have got to be connected.

Could BM have killed Suzanne Friday night and the Saturday sighting of Suzanne getting a sandwich is wrong? Or was someone else? Could BM have been pretending to be Suzanne when texting with her friend and the conversation went into an area he couldn’t fake so he cut off the communication abruptly then tried to make it look like she was on FB later that night?

Could BM have been telling MG to rake the beach flat because he was going to bury Suzanne there without using the Bobcat but he got the better idea for a safer option to use his Bobcat and bury her deeply under where he knew the concrete was about to be poured? Hence the machinery noise late at night. Why did the FBI only dig up that small portion of the foundation? Does anyone remember who poured the concrete? Wasn’t BM seen working at the site again after Suzanne was missing? Was BM there when the concrete was poured?

We keep going back to the home and also that property. Do we have a false sense that Suzanne is not there because of the three day FBI excavation? If the FBI couldn’t find her then she couldn’t possibly be there? What if BM used an auger (? or whatever that attachment is that is used to plant trees or insert pilings) to dig a deep hole and put her in it vertically instead of horizontally -would GPR pick up anything? There were a lot of rocks packed into the dirt where the FBI dug. What if she was wrapped/bound very tightly and because she is so small anyway only the top of her head was visible by GPR and it looked like just another rock?

I feel like we are missing something obvious r/t BM hiding Suzanne’s body! We keep saying he is a landscaper and has the tools and know how to dispose of her in a way that she will never be found. Well he still could have done that at this location. If not under the concrete then what if he figured out how to bury her IN the river by the beach where the water is not very deep and cover her with rocks? Do we know if LE took their own cadaver dogs there to double check? Or did they just determine the other dog was not making a true non passive hit THREE times? How come they dug (barely) at the LHR site but not the beach site?

It’s such a shame if Suzanne’s remains are there somewhere but BM walks free because they were that close but didn’t follow through. “Shame” is not a strong enough word. Maybe travesty is better but I don’t want to sound like I’m bashing LE. I still have faith in LE but they are only human and things can be missed and have been missed in other cases. Someone said a long time ago that they wouldn’t want to live in that house because they would always wonder if Suzanne’s remains were under it or there somewhere on the property and I have to agree! :(

Also I forced myself to listen to NG after reading all these posts about it and in addition to the other discrepancies already brought up...why are we just now hearing that MG heard BM’s truck outside her home at 4 am? She knows it was him because she recognized the sound of his truck?! It didn’t sound like NG was buying this and I’m not sure I am either. Is she trying to explain why EVI data would show BM’s truck at her house early in the morning? Why would BM drive to her house at that hour and then leave without calling or knocking? Did he drive to her house because he didn’t have his phone? Why? But then she says he left and then started texting her. I couldn’t tell if there was a delay or the texts started immediately after he left. I don’t know where MG lived before she moved or whether it was close to BM’s house or close to the river/beach site.

Maybe BM disposed of Suzanne and then went to MG’s (what for and why that early when she would be asleep??) and then he changed his mind and went home and got his phone and headed to Broomfield and started texting the workers. Very strange and makes no sense!

All Speculation & IMO!!

Edited to add more paragraphs but they probably aren’t in the right places! I got overly excited and long winded with all my questions again, sorry. :rolleyes:
All good questions, @Lilypad13. I also think that the Salida work site and the machinery noise at 11:30 pm, and the Bobcat play an important role in all of this.
I also go back and forth over whether SM was killed Friday or Saturday. There has always been a question of which night the neighbor actually heard the machinery. If she was killed Friday night, a lot more of what we know makes sense. Of course the alleged sighting of SM having lunch on Saturday in Salida throws that whole assumption out the window. I wish we had that “last seen” positively confirmed....

All good questions, @Lilypad13. I also think that the Salida work site and the machinery noise at 11:30 pm, and the Bobcat play an important role in all of this.
I also go back and forth over whether SM was killed Friday or Saturday. There has always been a question of which night the neighbor actually heard the machinery. If she was killed Friday night, a lot more of what we know makes sense. Of course the alleged sighting of SM having lunch on Saturday in Salida throws that whole assumption out the window. I wish we had that “last seen” positively confirmed....
I don’t think we will get last seen until a warrant is issued / I really think she was killed Saturday and the activity at the beach Saturday night is key - most of you all know I believe a wood chipper may be involved but I’m now learning the possibilities of landscape chemicals and dissolving a body so that’s up in the air ...
JMO

I don’t think we will get last seen until a warrant is issued / I really think she was killed Saturday and the activity at the beach Saturday night is key - most of you all know I believe a wood chipper may be involved but I’m now learning the possibilities of landscape chemicals and dissolving a body so that’s up in the air ...
JMO
I wish we knew what BM did on Friday and why he had the need to work at the beach area on Friday night, (according to MG). She also said he was acting weird Saturday morning. If SM was still alive at that time, it starts to smell more like premeditation.

Well now, that's strange isn't it. What I found a bit odd was all the self-identification with Barry - I'm ok, he's ok too.

He's identified as a "family friend from Indiana", so maybe they met later and didn't grow up together. Thanks for the info!!

I always found it strange that he was visiting the M family to go hunting with BM. yet, when he recounted speaking to SM about her riding and lack of feeling threatened, it was done while he stayed at the house and BM was off hunting. This always sent up red flags for me, I’m not sure why but it just doesn’t sit right.

I think this is missing one thing; the point at which he threw the bike (and helmet?) out to be found later? When do you think that was?
My thought is that the bike was dumped when BM left the house to drive to Broomfield. The helmet was either dropped a few minutes later or a few days later, but that would have been very risky. MOO

I always found it strange that he was visiting the M family to go hunting with BM. yet, when he recounted speaking to SM about her riding and lack of feeling threatened, it was done while he stayed at the house and BM was off hunting. This always sent up red flags for me, I’m not sure why but it just doesn’t sit right.
ITA. And I’ve always thought it must have made SM a bit uncomfortable to be alone in the house with him.

The letter has been posted on reddit. Is that an approved source? Can I post the link?
No. Reddit is not an LE or mainstream media site. The fact that they allow rampant speculation (incl rumors) is suspect. Not saying that there isn’t a kernel of truth in that speculation, but we cannot share it here.

That was weird I agree. But that was Troy Skinner right? The guy that I'm speaking of is someone different.

MG was proud of having refused to take a lie detector test. The whole segment of her story about the unlikely duo of TN and GD meeting with her to make preposterous comments because she had turned over her phone to LE lacks some credibility for me. How would anyone, including BM, know she had done that, if she didn't tell them? IMO
IIRC MG said she had got back from Broomfield and she met GD and TN and they told her she wouldn’t be getting paid because it would look like hush hush money. There was then some kind of discussion about cooperating with LE and about turning over her phone. She more or less implied they were discouraging her. I don’t think they knew whether she had turned it over or not when they approached her. MOO

My thought is that the bike was dumped when BM left the house to drive to Broomfield. The helmet was either dropped a few minutes later or a few days later, but that would have been very risky. MOO
Yeah, I think they were both done before, at the same time.

His plan was to make it look like a bike ride, so you either (bizarrely) dump it at the same time as the bike, or you don’t do it at all.

He would have had to remove the helmet from the house before he left, and he couldn’t be caught with it. He didn’t know what was going to happen when he returned, or if his vehicle would be searched.

We know the home was sealed, and he never did get back inside. I’m totally comfortable believing he did it before that “wall job.”

Yeah, I think they were both done before, at the same time.

His plan was to make it look like a bike ride, so you either (bizarrely) dump it at the same time as the bike, or you don’t do it at all.

He would have had to remove the helmet from the house before he left, and he couldn’t be caught with it. He didn’t know what was going to happen when he returned, or if his vehicle would be searched.

We know the home was sealed, and he never did get back inside. I’m totally comfortable believing he did it before that “wall job.”

Here’s my theory.

BM planted the bike and threw the helmet away. Once the photo of her in the blue helmet was released on missing posters he scramble back to find it in the PS market trash. He found it, took it and proceeded to throw it as he was driving. There’s not too much that would explain the photo, missing poster, digging through the trash and then writing the cryptic note...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88