Found Deceased OR - Owen Klinger, 18, University of Portland, 6 Oct 2019

There is a new article in the Portland Oregonian. Owen’s autopsy found he was in water one week to less than a week! He was missing two weeks. One of the roommates was involved in the Title IX incident, had scratches on his legs, no longer attends the University and his family has hired a well known criminal defense attorney!

Yes thanks for the update. Below is the link to the article.

Family seeks answers to lingering questions in the aftermath of Owen Klinger’s death

IMO after reading the article it seems that the parents are at least considering that suicide is a possibility. Here's a quote...

“We’re not trying to diminish or downplay suicide,” Dustin Klinger said. “We’re just saying that we’ve got facts that are inconsistent with that. I don’t want to be insensitive to people who have suffered the suicide of a child. I think we’re feeling that, too. We just don’t really know.”

This is such a long, well done article and worth a read IMO.

Last edited:
There is a new article in the Portland Oregonian. Owen’s autopsy found he was in water one week to less than a week! He was missing two weeks. One of the roommates was involved in the Title IX incident, had scratches on his legs, no longer attends the University and his family has hired a well known criminal defense attorney!
The also have video of the roommate leaving the dorm alone and returning with food. And the video of Owen walking alone on Willamette Blvd in the direction of the St. Johns bridge. If the roommate was involved, the police would have followed up on it. It's likely they looked at the timeline and evidence, and found nothing incriminating. These days, people have their lives destroyed by speculation, it's no wonder they hired a defense attorney!

The also have video of the roommate leaving the dorm alone and returning with food. And the video of Owen walking alone on Willamette Blvd in the direction of the St. Johns bridge. If the roommate was involved, the police would have followed up on it. It's likely they looked at the timeline and evidence, and found nothing incriminating. These days, people have their lives destroyed by speculation, it's no wonder they hired a defense attorney!
I disagree with your opinion. I don’t feel an innocent student needs to change schools and hire a defense attorney. All they need to do is tell where they were and truthfully answer questions. I’m not saying this student had anything to do with Owen’s disappearance but he had a reason to quit school and hire an attorney which is most likely related to the Title IX situation.

I disagree with your opinion. I don’t feel an innocent student needs to change schools and hire a defense attorney. All they need to do is tell where they were and truthfully answer questions. I’m not saying this student had anything to do with Owen’s disappearance but he had a reason to quit school and hire an attorney which is most likely related to the Title IX situation.
The roommate did tell where he was, and was truthful. Why talk about him, if you believe he has nothing to do with Owen's disappearance?

The interesting part is the autopsy indicating he was in the water one week or less, even though he was missing for two weeks. Being in the water for a period of time shorter than the actual length of time missing seems to be a common theme when young men go missing and end up being found in water....IMO!

The interesting part is the autopsy indicating he was in the water one week or less, even though he was missing for two weeks. Being in the water for a period of time shorter than the actual length of time missing seems to be a common theme when young men go missing and end up being found in water....IMO!
Forensics is not the most precise science

I always tell people to NEVER talk to the police without an attorney present when it comes to any kind of criminal related matter.

I would imagine if there was talk and innuendo about his guilt vs innocence, and losing a friend, they would be reasons enough to change schools. And an attorney seems completely appropriate given the situation. After all, people are making assumptions about his involvement. Wouldn't anyone obtain legal advice in this situation?

I would imagine if there was talk and innuendo about his guilt vs innocence, and losing a friend, they would be reasons enough to change schools. And an attorney seems completely appropriate given the situation. After all, people are making assumptions about his involvement. Wouldn't anyone obtain legal advice in this situation?

I’m not sure why people have the idea that hiring an attorney is an admission of guilt. Yes, we’ve all seen TV shows where LE is no longer able to question someone because they “lawyered up” and were rightly advised not to answer questions. No one ever has to answer LE’s questions about any situation and having a lawyer can be a protection, especially for someone young and inexperienced. JMO

I guess I’m more trusting than others. If my child’s college roommate was missing, I would have my child talk to a Police Detective and tell them everything they knew or felt was possibly out of character. I wouldn’t even consider hiring an Attorney at that point. I agree with others, hiring the Attorney would lead many to assume you have something to hide. I just feel there would be no need to hire an Attorney at that point.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DuckierPresents
Back