Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that finds it weird that both remaining co-conspirators have a sick father that they must visit in Florida?

I imagine alot of the nonviolent offenders in the CT jail and prison system would love to see their families too... and isn't Florida one of the 35 states on the CT quarantine list? Will both return to CT atleast 14 days before their next court dates? Assuming they return at all.

Something very fishy is going on here IMO and as a CT resident, I am not impressed.

All JMO

I wonder where he'll quarantine for 14 days if/when he returns to CT. Does he have a habitat to go to?

Maybe he can camp at the Gun Club. He's familiar with the lay of the land so he should feel right at home.

I'm sorry he and MT have ailing fathers. ... but where was their concern for family when they were plotting, participating in and covering up unspeakable crimes? How do they get special consideration, special privilege?

The system IMO protects the wrong people.

JMO

Am I the only one that finds it weird that both remaining co-conspirators have a sick father that they must visit in Florida?

I imagine alot of the nonviolent offenders in the CT jail and prison system would love to see their families too... and isn't Florida one of the 35 states on the CT quarantine list? Will both return to CT atleast 14 days before their next court dates? Assuming they return at all.

Something very fishy is going on here IMO and as a CT resident, I am not impressed.

All JMO

I am right there with you. Through This case, I have come to learn many things about my beloved State that has astounded me and Not for the good, I might add.

IMO.

All JMO

I agree with you 100%. This is too strange. I am very disappointed in the Courts. Why are these two so special? Judges can you answer that?

Now should we take bets on which one flees first? ALL MOO

A quick search on the internet shows that KM's parents CT property is appraised at $63k per the Manchester Assessors office (with a note of a cracked foundation to boot).

Is this another misrepresentation by attorneys to obtain bond? A repeat of FD? How can this be happening!?! MOO

A quick search on the internet shows that KM's parents CT property is appraised at $63k per the Manchester Assessors office (with a note of a cracked foundation to boot).

Is this another misrepresentation by attorneys to obtain bond? A repeat of FD? How can this be happening!?! MOO
This sounds more like a senior exemption applicable. Otherwise, I can't imagine such a low appraisal except perhaps in the south.

This sounds more like a senior exemption applicable. Otherwise, I can't imagine such a low appraisal except perhaps in the south.

I live in one of the least expensive areas of CT and I can't picture what a house appraised at $63k would look like. Manchester is not a high $$ area but a house at 63k would be nearly unheard of unless its in foreclosure and totally destroyed. I am not a real estate expert, but having only purchased my house 5 years ago, I feel like I have a decent grasp on how much houses cost in Hartford and Tolland counties. Everything about this case is fishy.

When are both co-conspirators due back in court and due back to CT?

JMO

I did just see this... looks like KM hasn't actually gotten out yet...

Marissa Alter
@MarissaAlter

Despite some rumors on social media, Kent Mawhinney is NOT out of custody. He has to post bond at the courthouse so the judge can tell him his release conditions and so he can be fitted with a GPS monitor. A date for that is not on the docket yet.
@News12CT

I am right there with you. Through This case, I have come to learn many things about my beloved State that has astounded me and Not for the good, I might add.

IMO.

Consider asking your state legislator. For some agencies, of the public asks questions, meh.

If the people who approve the budget & so pay the bills ask questions -- whoops different story!

JMHO YMMV LRR

Does Zillow also apply a senior exemption? Because there it’s estimated at $96k. Where does the other $100k come from out of that property?

Around $96k is what I got when I did the math. A CT town's assessment for tax purposes is usually 2/3 of estimated market value. A real estate agent might then list it for somewhat more than that based on current comparable properties' sales. Maybe it's a condo?

Around $96k is what I got when I did the math. A CT town's assessment for tax purposes is usually 2/3 of estimated market value. A real estate agent might then list it for somewhat more than that based on current comparable properties' sales. Maybe it's a condo?
The town assessment is $41.1k. The town appraisal was $63k. A defective concrete foundation is also listed by the town. It’s a 2 bed, 1.5 bath, 1210 sq ft, free standing home. Nearby average home sales are $110k. My question is, are they taking KM’s attorneys word for “fair market value” of $196k?

Sounds to me more like a property you wouldn’t mind walking away from. Why not put the FL condo assessed by the town at $265k? Probably because they don’t want that one at risk. MOO

The town assessment is $41.1k. The town appraisal was $63k. A defective concrete foundation is also listed by the town. It’s a 2 bed, 1.5 bath, 1210 sq ft, free standing home. Nearby average home sales are $110k. My question is, are they taking KM’s attorneys word for “fair market value” of $196k?

Sounds to me more like a property you wouldn’t mind walking away from. Why not put the FL condo assessed by the town at $265k? Probably because they don’t want that one at risk. MOO

I'd not seen this post linking the motion which states $196k valuation is from an appraisal. In this case, issuance of $146k real estate bond for this property, the onus is on the surety willing to issue the bond. It's their loss if the defendant flees and their collateral is insufficient.

Reportedly, parents put up both $50K cash and the real estate in question. KM is not out yet. If in doubt, somebody can always contact the court and alert them to check the standing of the surety issuing the bond.

That's essentially what unraveled FD. Another surety contacted the state and reported FD's surety should be looked at (investigation revealed FD essentially lied/falsified his application). MOO

I need to pm something to you

Wait a minute...KM’s funds are limited because his law practice no longer exists? Whose fault is that? I am sympathetic to the plight of his father, since his illness is a terrible and terminal affliction, but are we to feel sorry for the defendant because all of his problems are ones of his own making? Call me cruel, but I am not seeing him as a victim here-I still see the 5 Dulos children and their dear grandmother as the victims. And I don’t agree that he isn’t a flight risk-who wouldn’t flee in his shoes? Or check out like Fd did, considering that there really isn’t anything left for him anymore-his lawyer speaks about his children and other relatives, but as you said, he is not close to his children, and likely will not be seeing them any time soon. I don’t think anybody is going to go to trial for Jennifer’s murder.

There are many people in jail or prison who miss important life events. I'm bumfuzzled as to why this joker gets to spend his father's final days with him. Shouldn't he have been thinking about all those people who needed him when he was committing criminal acts? What makes him so special?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken