WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus or testing for Coronavirus (Group Hug)

How long has it taken any of you to get your results back from the Covid-19 test?

I had mine done on Thursday around 9:15 am. I am not sure when it went to the lab. Dr said it would take around 48 to 72 hrs. I had the dreaded nasal test done.

I doubt if I have had it. I already feel better. I started feeling sick on Sunday with a sore throat. I ran a low fever on Monday until Wednesday morning. Runny nose and cough. Dr said everyone's symptoms are different. I still have a cough.
I haven’t had a test yet, but seems waiting time varies so much from place to place. I’m glad you’re feeling OK. Keep us posted!

An excellent read MOO on management protocol/critical care treatment cascade that Dr. Campbell reviewed in his video. Here is the original link to such for those that interested. It's 30 pages of treatment progressions for different stages and is eye opening how far we have come, and how so much else is behind the scenes.

Just one snapshot from one University Hospital at Virginia Medical School - I'm bookmarking! If nothing else, a print out if I/you ever need... although I'm pretty much a hermit these days.

Here is just one screenshot as there are lots of visuals, and expectedly points out that the virus effects to the immune dysregulation is what is the killer... and really escalates at day 14-28.

View attachment 268309

https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_pub...cine/EVMS_Critical_Care_COVID-19_Protocol.pdf

Last edited:
My test came back negative. That was a long wait. Thank goodness it was negative. I know I will be more careful even though I was pretty careful to begin with.
Just curious, since you are already careful, what else will you do after the scare? With high-risk family, I’m uneasy about winter & the looming “new wave”... Tia! Always open to new & better ideas.

Just curious, since you are already careful, what else will you do after the scare? With high-risk family, I’m uneasy about winter & the looming “new wave”... Tia! Always open to new & better ideas.
I think it is very important to get your Flu shot. Stay away from crowds as much as possible. Always wear a mask.

My Dr has patients separated sick patients enter thru one door on one side of the building and well patients enter on the opposite side. You sit in your car until they call for you to enter into the building.

I felt like it was just my allergies or a cold. So I think a person should not second guess their symptoms and get tested. The symptoms for Covid are very similar to what I had. I believe that is why my Dr wanted me tested.

I think it is very important to get your Flu shot. Stay away from crowds as much as possible. Always wear a mask.

My Dr has patients separated sick patients enter thru one door on one side of the building and well patients enter on the opposite side. You sit in your car until they call for you to enter into the building.

I felt like it was just my allergies or a cold. So I think a person should not second guess their symptoms and get tested. The symptoms for Covid are very similar to what I had. I believe that is why my Dr wanted me tested.
Yes flu shot! And I may do grocery pick-up through C-19 wave #2. Which I hate- always forget something & don’t like substitutions if my product is out. And can’t spot sales. Or maybe I’ll just readjust work to go at oddball sparsely populated time- again.

Dang- so you had to go through the sick door but you were well! Didn’t think of that one!:confused:

An excellent read MOO on management protocol/critical care treatment cascade that Dr. Campbell reviewed in his video. Here is the original link to such for those that interested. It's 30 pages of treatment progressions for different stages and is eye opening how far we have come, and how so much else is behind the scenes.

Just one snapshot from one University Hospital at Virginia Medical School - I'm bookmarking! If nothing else, a print out if I/you ever need... although I'm pretty much a hermit these days.

Here is just one screenshot as there are lots of visuals, and expectedly points out that the virus effects to the immune dysregulation is what is the killer... and really escalates at day 14-28.

View attachment 268309

https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_pub...cine/EVMS_Critical_Care_COVID-19_Protocol.pdf
Thank you!!!! This is a great article and the graphs are terrific. Thank you for posting it. If you haven’t already I’d encourage you to post it on the main Corona thread as well. I haven’t been following it consistently so the article may already be there but it’s better to post it twice than not at all IMO.

Yes flu shot! And I may do grocery pick-up through C-19 wave #2. Which I hate- always forget something & don’t like substitutions if my product is out. And can’t spot sales. Or maybe I’ll just readjust work to go at oddball sparsely populated time- again.

Dang- so you had to go through the sick door but you were well! Didn’t think of that one!:confused:
Amazon! We can get Amazon Fresh and Amazon Whole Food delivered same day. And everything else is 2 day free delivery w/Amazon Prime. (Amazon prime also gives you access to tons of free videos). There’s modest fee to join Amazon Prime but IMO the smartest money I ever spent.

We haven’t been in a grocery store since March. You’re right about forgetting to order things but we just order what we forgot and have it later that day or the next. Delivery fee is pretty low and free if you order more than $35(?) worth of stuff.

Thank you!!!! This is a great article and the graphs are terrific. Thank you for posting it. If you haven’t already I’d encourage you to post it on the main Corona thread as well. I haven’t been following it consistently so the article may already be there but it’s better to post it twice than not at all IMO.

Consider it done.

View attachment 268309

(Marking, thanks)

I don't disagree. But transmission is possible BEFORE symptomatic. I guess my take is this: You feel sick? Self-quarantine voluntarily without exposing others by showing up in an ER to get tested. You don't feel sick? Take all recommended precautions (hygiene, physical distancing).
Results are not instantaneous anyway.
All of our Kroger stores are offering instant COVID antibody tests now, results in 15 minutes or less.
Kroger to offer COVID‑19 rapid antibody testing at its pharmacies

Thanks for this! I'll have to watch the pharmacies. I'm in and out of Kroger stores all week for work. This is ideal.

I wish that I could find and share.. but keep in mind that the antibody tests are low low for specificity. (vs. sensitivity) and the test overestimates.

I do hope it's not misleading to the general public as when Dr. Campbell and Dr. Seheult covered.. it was many false positives which may be misleading to many. There was a concern for both Drs IIRC. I have no link and I may do an ETA if I find such explanation on nuances in the next 60 minutes to update this post.

In other words, it's not always correct and for BOTH of them, should only be used in certain groups of folks.. darn, I can't recall what they said and I'll go looking.

My guess... it's an agreement that is more to doing studies and follow ups.

I wish that I could find and share.. but keep in mind that the antibody tests are low low for specificity. (vs. sensitivity) and the test overestimates.

I do hope it's not misleading to the general public as when Dr. Campbell and Dr. Seheult covered.. it was many false positives which may be misleading to many. There was a concern for both Drs IIRC. I have no link and I may do an ETA if I find such explanation on nuances in the next 60 minutes to update this post.

In other words, it's not always correct and for BOTH of them, should only be used in certain groups of folks.. darn, I can't recall what they said and I'll go looking.

The virus tests aren't exactly foolproof either. But still, we use them. Jmo

The accuracy rate of the rapid antibody test is approximately 94%.

Hello, everybody,

Another sleuthed sent me to this discussion and I just finished reading through the thread.

My eldest child tested positive on Tuesday. She isn't feeling well and the doctor is sending an urgent care mobile unit to our house to check her out. They will also be testing my other child and I at that time.

I am praying we all handle this okay.

Hello, everybody,

Another sleuthed sent me to this discussion and I just finished reading through the thread.

My eldest child tested positive on Tuesday. She isn't feeling well and the doctor is sending an urgent care mobile unit to our house to check her out. They will also be testing my other child and I at that time.

Prayers for you all. I've never heard of an urgent care mobile unit. That's convenient!

Read your (and @mickey2942) post in the main thread last night, positive thoughts going out to you both.
Hope she feels better soon.

Hello, everybody,

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho