Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

Media, Maps & Timeline thread (No Discussion)

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Verified Insider posting in this thread:

NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Verified Experts/Professionals posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)

Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42[/URL [URL='https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/co-suzanne-morphew-49-did-not-return-from-bike-ride-chaffee-county-10-may-2020-43.545319']Thread #43 Thread #44[/URL] Thread #45

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

A thread specific decision has been made by Tricia to allow members to discuss Barry Morphew and to speculate about him based on how he is being publicly treated by LE, information from MSM and other WS approved sources (except rumors). Do NOT sleuth him or his business and do NOT trash him.

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone else who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew),

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

MOD NOTE - THIS POST LANDS AT RANDOM

While speculation based on the facts of the case is certainly allowed and encouraged, speculation based on no known facts in the case, such as the yet unnamed suspect could also be responsible for the Delphi murders (or other cases), is not allowed.

Please stick to the facts in this case.

Thank you :)

MOD NOTE

Re: CM's twitter asking the public to speculate on the identity of the rando wigged e-bike search spectator...

OUR rules here are clear: we cannot speculate by throwing random names/initials of people connected to this case, by insinuating they might be some sneaky person, up to no good, sneaking around search locations.

This crosses the line of our VICTIM FRIENDLY policy, which includes family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc. Sleuthing/naming/insinuating is against our rules here. Please post accordingly.

ADMIN NOTE:

Websleuths does not allow sleuthing of random individuals (i.e. guy with a wig?).

Although PE is an approved source, if the content of any approved source is not in accordance with Websleuths TOS or values, please do not discuss it.

Sleuth away behind the scenes but don't post about it here.

MOD NOTE:

Due to the rules here governing content that is posted behind a paywall, numerous posts and replies have had to be removed.

Please note, according to the rules: If an article is behind a paywall (i.e., by subscription only), you may post only the link and any portion of the content shown as a free preview.

None of the other information in the article may be posted here publicly, for discussion. Members are however advised that you can create a private convo for up to 20 fellow members for private discussion.

Thanks everyone :)

Would Barry’s chances of getting off free and clear been any better if he reported to law enforcement, at the time of the event, the details of what happened? For instance, Suzanne and I argued she hit me and I hit her back; or Suzanne had an accident, tripped and hit her head and died; as opposed to the convoluted coverups in regard to the bike ride and the Broomfield job and all the other of Barry’s nonsense.

I wonder if he seriously considered notifying police at the time, or if he never thought that was a viable option and instead immediately went into a coverup mode.

IMO

Re: 19057 Puma Path, Salida, CO 81201

This realty website reports the following items regarding the property. It requires submitting an email address to receive the info. I did not submit our email because I do not want to receive realty spam. If anyone's game, have at it.

19057 Puma Path, Salida, CO 81201 - 215517897 | RealtyTrac

• Environmental Hazards - 2 found
• Natural Disasters - 1 found

Would Barry’s chances of getting off free and clear been any better if he reported to law enforcement, at the time of the event, the details of what happened? For instance, Suzanne and I argued she hit me and I hit her back; or Suzanne had an accident, tripped and hit her head and died; as opposed to the convoluted coverups in regard to the bike ride and the Broomfield job and all the other of Barry’s nonsense.

I wonder if he seriously considered notifying police at the time, or if he never thought that was a viable option and instead immediately went into a coverup mode.

IMO
You are assuming it was an accident. I believe it was premeditated.

I think you're misunderstanding what pre-meditation is.

As posted not too far above, a strangulation is pre-meditated (even if the person never thought about it before) because it takes 3-4 minutes to accomplish the murder, and the murderer had time to think it over.

Getting in one's car, starting it and then driving it toward another person is premeditation (even if the murderer didn't think about it even once before letting their foot off the brake and putting it into drive - even if they only meant to scare the other person). That can be just a few seconds.

Beating someone to death is usually charged as first degree for the same reasons as strangulation is.

Going to get a gun, taking it off safety and aiming it at another person, even if the gun user never thought one time of killing that other person, and even if the murderer claims "my finger slipped," is still premeditated murder in most US jurisdictions (and indeed, around the world).

Attempts to cover up one's actions after the fact lead fairly often to first degree convictions.

It doesn't take much. Being a bungling bumbling foolio and messing with a crime scene or trying to hide evidence (but doing it poorly) doesn't remove the premeditation part from the above examples. Most murderers mess up in the aftermath, and if there's any staging or clean-up at all, it is going to be hard for them to say it wasn't premeditated.

Because, you know, if you accidentally strangle your wife or accidentally shoot your gun in the house and it strikes your wife (or whatever), the first thing you do when you realize your "accident" is to call 911. Hiding the body shows a guilty mind and a guilty mind can also be evidence of premeditation. "Gee, I wish she were dead and look, my hands are around her neck!" is the essence of premeditation for most DV cases.
I believe he gave it some thought every time he was angry with her. He likely threatened her often, if it was indeed domestic violence.

IMO
Re BBM
Yeah, you and me both.

The bench in the hall with the Himalayan salt lamp, looks like drift wood next to it.
The sign in the bathroom with the Bible verse, that was in the last round of bath tub pics as well, the one that had family pics next to the tub.
I thought the same thing about the two double beds crammed into what might have been previously called a rec room or family room.
I also notice those comforters are brand new - they're wrinkled the way they always are when you take them out of the package. ( it's a flannel comforter set, sold at Kohls Cuddl Duds Red Ivory Plaid Heavyweight Flannel Comforter Set the pillow caught my eye immediately, very popular style right now) So, that room was a total re-do, likely with plans to sell all a long.

Ohhhhh thanks @Ontario Mom! I love driftwood but that looked so pointy and I thought because it was by a “crystal” that it was something spiritual. And what I thought was a crystal is actually a Himalayan salt lamp?! Lol :D Never heard of that before! Very observant about the bedding. I really like that pattern & bright colors and those pillows too, especially for a mountain home.

IMO

I've wondered about this as well. I can guess that he didn't think her injuries would match any story that he could spin that would free him from blame.

It's too late now. So now I am wondering what would be his best explanation of what happened, if he does confess. (I don't think he will.)
Can he convince anyone it was an accident at this late date?
Moo

Re: 19057 Puma Path, Salida, CO 81201

This realty website reports the following items regarding the property. It requires submitting an email address to receive the info. I did not submit our email because I do not want to receive realty spam. If anyone's game, have at it.

19057 Puma Path, Salida, CO 81201 - 215517897 | RealtyTrac

• Environmental Hazards - 2 found
• Natural Disasters - 1 found

Natural Disaster = 1 BM!!! :eek:

That’s a beautiful kitchen! Why not show it off in the photos? Notice the butcher block knife set on the counter? That was probably the previous owners but most people have something like that within reach for cooking...and self defense! :eek:

IMO You’re done for, in most cases, if the bad guy gets close enough to you where you’re grabbing for knives, or any object (other than a firearm) to defend yourself. Horrible thought.

How could this possibly be anyone's dream home if the current photos of the kitchen aren't included in the listings?
I know I don't want to dream of how to reconfigure and design a new kitchen when thinking of investing in a 1.7 mil house.
I want turnkey.

How could this possibly be anyone's dream home if the current photos of the kitchen aren't included in the listings?
I know I don't want to dream of how to reconfigure and design a new kitchen when thinking of investing in a 1.7 mil house.
I want turnkey.

Looks like someone might be controlling the listing and it's not the realtor.

Fits his style as he's been controlling things for some time.

JMO

I want turnkey.

I have a friend who just bought a home with a newly renovated kitchen. Her first order a business when she moves in, demolish it.

I do agree it’s odd not to show pics of the kitchen.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member