Found Deceased MT - Sally Demarais-Smith, 52, found in vehicle in storage unit, Great Falls, 25 Sept 2020

Sadly she was found deceased.

Sally Jane Demarais-Smith was found dead on Sunday afternoon, the Cascade County Sheriff's Office said in a news release on Sunday evening.

Around 2:30 p.m., her body was found inside her 2005 Toyota Corolla in a storage unit at 3033 Malmstrom Drive, according to Cascade County Sheriff Jesse Slaughter.

Slaughter said the storage unit is in the county and not on the Air Force base.

Sheriff: Sally Demarais-Smith found dead
Do they suspect foul play? I've been searching for more reports - the autopsy is Tuesday

Sadly she was found deceased.

Sally Jane Demarais-Smith was found dead on Sunday afternoon, the Cascade County Sheriff's Office said in a news release on Sunday evening.

Around 2:30 p.m., her body was found inside her 2005 Toyota Corolla in a storage unit at 3033 Malmstrom Drive, according to Cascade County Sheriff Jesse Slaughter.

Slaughter said the storage unit is in the county and not on the Air Force base.

Around 2:30 p.m., her body was found inside her 2005 Toyota Corolla in a storage unit at 3033 Malmstrom Drive.
An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday in Missoula. Slaughter said he will provide an update on Tuesday after reviewing the autopsy. The storage unit was under the county's jurisdiction — not the Air Force Base — so the Sheriff's Office will oversee efforts investigating her death.
We do not yet know the cause or manner of death.

Around 2:30 p.m., her body was found inside her 2005 Toyota Corolla in a storage unit at 3033 Malmstrom Drive.
An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday in Missoula. Slaughter said he will provide an update on Tuesday after reviewing the autopsy. The storage unit was under the county's jurisdiction — not the Air Force Base — so the Sheriff's Office will oversee efforts investigating her death.
We do not yet know the cause or manner of death.
or who owned the storage unit?

or who owned the storage unit?
Google Earth Link

Google Earth
#googleearth

when you search the address, you’ll find that Malmstrom Dr is a very short street. It states in the article that it is NOT on the Air Force Base...but the only thing on that street that I could find were campers at AFB Family Camp.
There’s a few buildings once you turn onto 6th St, but as far as a storage unit on Malmstrom I wasn’t able to locate it. I also noticed it wouldn’t allow me to do a street view either; not sure if it’s because of the AFB family camp, but all streets around it I was able to

Google Earth Link

Google Earth
#googleearth

View of what’s on Malmstrom Dr (AFB Family Camp)..nothing too much
View attachment 267621

Here are what appears a few buildings..possibly storage unit? Not sure, it’s hard to tell.
Circled them in photo
View attachment 267622
All that area seems like it's a campground for visitors to the air force base, so probably would be AFB property. The other side of the road though seems like the work area for a farm or something with a barn and out buildings.

Wait, what?? It was their storage unit and no one thought to look in it sooner? I’m hoping that storage unit business has working cameras and caught her going in.

I hope it's not another case of "Ooops, the camera that pointed at the unit just happens to be broken."

Last edited:
There are so many weird things. She left a note, but didn’t actually tell anyone she was leaving. Said she was going to her parents, but she had Covid, so why would she go to her elderly parents? Since she told no one, they weren’t expecting her. Have they checked the note to make sure not was in her handwriting?

*sits on hands*

Last edited:
Missing Montana Mom Found Dead In Car Parked In Storage Unit

“She definitely means the world to me, and I know she means the world to our family,” stated Smith’s husband, Troy, who is the father to their children.
He additionally told the outlet, while authorities were searching to locate his wife, that she is “just a beautiful person on the inside and outside.”

Since she went missing, her husband said he drove more than 3,000 miles looking for her on his own; he even went so far as to search for her by plane, but came back empty-handed.

Cascade County Sheriff Jesse Slaughter said in a statement that her body was found inside her 2005 Toyota Corolla. It is believed that Smith may have been traveling in her car, according to the Great Falls Police Department, but the reason for her travel at the moment remains unknown.

Friends concerned for her disappearance established a Facebook page titled Help Find Sally Smith, and one friend, following the news of her death, implied he believes she was killed.

“Sally was found today and was deceased, the person who did this will be found,” he wrote.

The sheriff’s office says an autopsy was scheduled for Tuesday, October 13.

A friend of hers who posted on the Help Find Sally Smith Facebook page implied he believes she was killed.

“A very sad day to all that helped thank you,” the friend wrote. “Sally was found today and was deceased, the person who did this will be found.”

That's what I was implying in my post, above - #35, but I didn't know we could quote Facebook. Good to know that we can now!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back