Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I recall the son being quite sure it was Saturday night. I can't recall the exact source either, but it was when the neighbor who heard the racket was being interviewed by local TV.
yes unfortunately that "news segment' is no longer available, the portion with the son has since been edited out. I've tried to get it back for months. I'm still not entirely comfortable as to which night, I have absolutely no confidence in the DM (That's just me)
This is probably a ridiculous question, but I know nothing about construction equipment.... how are bobcats usually transported? Do you just drive them to the location or is it hauled via truck?
Fair question, they are hauled. You did a fantastic job on P/E with Tricia last night, you're a natural.

C'mon folks...everyone drives their skid steer loader around in the middle of the night....sheesh. :rolleyes:
Love it !!!!
:D :p :)

Welll... since that darned law enforcement is zeroing in on BM, and according to him are (paraphrased by me) "Ruining my life....", and all.
What's a man to do ?
Just have to get one's construction work done while hiding under cover of darkness. :rolleyes:
(Said no heavy equipment operator ever.)

From everything I've read, they rely quite a bit on daylight hours.
Imo.

According to this DM article, the neighbor heard the noise Saturday night (9 May).

I still question if she heard what she claims, especially for the duration (dunking from the flying tomatoes :)). I'm not implying she's lying either. I'm bothered by the noise suddenly stopping as soon as she opened the door or turned the light on (can't remember which one). LE may have believed it however and it's one of the reasons they dug up that concrete. IMO

Woman 'woken by loud machinery' near where woman went missing | Daily Mail Online

I've essentially thrown out the entire timeline since it just seems to shift around again with each new nugget of info that comes out. You'll get no flying tomatoes from me, since I'm in the same boat with you about the neighbor lady at the river site. For that matter, we don't even know if it was BM at the jobsite. It could have been anyone working the site. It could have been completely unrelated as well.

jmo

I wish we had a handwriting expert here who could comment on the love letters. Something feels different to me between the card and the “I remember” notes, but I haven’t had time to delve into them much.

One thing that does stick out to me, is the use of a specific year and month with one of the I remembers. In all of the years I’ve written letters and cards to my husband, never have I reminded him of an event by year and month.

Using that kind of verbiage almost feels to me like someone (not SUZANNE) was writing the note from a list of things to include in the note.

I remain in the camp of believing SUZANNE will be found.
Interesting theory - and that was my original thought, too. I did blow the letters up and try to compare them (but I'm no handwriting expert) and there definitely are some differences between the Valentine's Day card and the "remember' notes. There seem to be plenty of similarities, too. My completely uneducated opinion was they were all written by the same person, but the differences made me question whether they were written at very different times and/or emotional/physical states. But I'm with you - would love for an expert to review and comment on them.

I took the "I remember" parts to be a plea from a wife who knows her husband no longer feels the way he once did about her and is desperately trying to recapture/rekindle the flame that she believed was once part of the relationship. Unfortunately for her, I don't believe she was successful. JMO, MOO.

Good theory. He could have been checking to see if the dumpster had been emptied by a garbage truck that day to determine if he should dispose of evidence in it or not.

Wouldn't you think, if you were a criminal (murderer) any evidence you had, you would burn, break up to pieces, so not recognizable. These small pieces, could be disposed in different places, so not recognized to what they originally could be.
So you would use several dumpsters, throughout your travels, hoping they will be disposed separately, not associated with one another.
This could explain, missing hours in BM's movement: he was busy, getting rid of 'parts'.

Yep...and your arrest may come at 3 p.m. while you are driving down the street, or it may come at 3 a.m. when you are sound asleep in your bed. You won't know until it happens. In the meantime, keep looking over your shoulder.

JMO.
Whenever it happens, where ever it happens, I hope someone tips off the media ahead of time. I think we’d all like to see the cuffs get slapped on.

My thought is that the judge who signed the search warrant believed MG's story credible, and that's all that mattered; until they found nothing. The deaf old lady who hears things was for more interesting than MG, but not as important, at the time. IMO

You're probably correct. Probable cause is not a high burden; it's lower than the preponderance standard used in civil cases.

Those waiting for an arrest "soon," I really don't think anything will happen before the election, especially since there could be a new DA in Chaffee County. And that said, I'll be surprised if there's an arrest this year or even the first few months of 2021. I don't think they (LE/DA) are there quite yet, evidence-wise.

IMO

I wish we had a handwriting expert here who could comment on the love letters. Something feels different to me between the card and the “I remember” notes, but I haven’t had time to delve into them much.

One thing that does stick out to me, is the use of a specific year and month with one of the I remembers. In all of the years I’ve written letters and cards to my husband, never have I reminded him of an event by year and month.

Using that kind of verbiage almost feels to me like someone (not SUZANNE) was writing the note from a list of things to include in the note.

I remain in the camp of believing SUZANNE will be found.
I’m at least a whole thread behind so someone may have mentioned this already. The “I remember...” reads like an exercise that would be recommended by a therapist or marriage counselor. As if Suzanne recognized her marriage was going downhill and was trying to remind him of what they once had.

Those waiting for an arrest "soon," I really don't think anything will happen before the election, especially since there could be a new DA in Chaffee County. And that said, I'll be surprised if there's an arrest this year or even the first few months of 2021. I don't think they (LE/DA) are there quite yet, evidence-wise.

IMO

I agree with you 100%.

Multiple search warrants, scores of witness interviews, and gigabytes of electronic data (assuming police have cellphone & GPS data) have not yielded probable cause to arrest anybody.

&

If the above had yielded probable cause, Kaitlin Turner would have to be confident of winning (doubtful), resigned to losing (possibly) or politically ignorant (unlikely) to not push for an arrest to occur: she's fighting for her political life & the earned media from even a part of such a prosecution would've helped her out.

I've essentially thrown out the entire timeline since it just seems to shift around again with each new nugget of info that comes out. You'll get no flying tomatoes from me, since I'm in the same boat with you about the neighbor lady at the river site. For that matter, we don't even know if it was BM at the jobsite. It could have been anyone working the site. It could have been completely unrelated as well.

jmo
I have thrown out the whole timeline as well. Some of these statements would be likely be not reliable in a trial.

I saw the news the other day that Deer Creek Canyon Park in Jefferson County has been closed indefinitely in order to investigate reports of "aggressive mountain lion behavior." Apparently several hikers reported unusual behavior when encountering them in the area. I wonder if it's the same large male LE saw cross in front of his vehicle that day. I hope BM isn't heading off to track him down.

No chance that the Puma Path Puma has moved to Deer Creek Canyon Park, although the name does seem to imply that it has nearly everything that a mountain lion is looking for. IMO

That video going viral is not going to help BM sell the house...who wants to live on Puma Path after seeing that?! No thanks!

I have heard that some people who live in houses worth more than a million dollars have full time personal bodyguards.
"Puma of Puma Path.........meet the big guy in the black suit and turtleneck!"
IMO

Ha. I see what you did there.

Here is my neighborhood lion... Not seen much, but around intermittently based on elk/deer carcasses. Never acted aggressive/attacked a human yet... (knock on wood)....

Attachments

• 52E23FD059A949098305DA112112B3C6.jpg
    52E23FD059A949098305DA112112B3C6.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 274
  • AB44455F9BCF4B1982A0C0D380C1D1F3.jpg
    AB44455F9BCF4B1982A0C0D380C1D1F3.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 249
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online