Identified! TX - Pecos, WhtFem, 17-20, UP13480, in motel swimming pool Jul'66 - Jolaine Hemmy

My gut feeling is that Jane Doe was the mistress of her male companion and when she drowned, his reaction was that he needed to get out of there before the authorities arrived and starting making reports and other things that may lead to his wife finding out that he was at a hotel with this woman.

So she was heard screaming..not yelling help..as if though she was drowning?
Do we know how quickly someone arrived at the pool between the time screaming was heard and first person arrived on the scene?
I agree, the man wanted out of there before he could be identified, taking the guest card.
Maybe she was a prostitute he picked up?? Then again, she was wearing a bathing suit, so must of known there was a pool available at the motel they were going to...

There are conflicting reports about the screaming. Some reports say screaming, some say she was found unconscious and don't mention screaming.

Either way, I personally don't think the man had anything to do with it and I don't think she was murdered. Murdering someone in a motel pool where anyone could catch you in the act (I'm sure there must have been rooms where the windows faced the pool, too?) is far too risky. I personally still think she was a mistress of a married man who didn't want to stick around because then his wife might find out about the affair.

I agree with those of you who don't think this is a murder and who think the man skipped the scene because he didn't want to be connected with the woman. She was either someone he was having an affair with or someone he picked up like in a bar to have a day or two of fun with or she may have been a prostitute. He was someone who couldn't afford to have this known, either because he was married or because he had a reputation or professional position to protect.

Now there are two ladies on social media who claim JD is their missing sister and she was identified today.
They say she was groomed by a much older guy and left with him (they believe she may have been kidnapped by him) and did not show up to work to pick up her paycheck. She was not Hispanic but Caucasian.

I dont know how much truth is to it but both ladies fit the age range (born in the 50's) and why should they be lying? Same happened with Princess Blue, her family came forward on social media long before LE officially released her identification.
Let's pray it is true and this gorgeous young woman finds her way back home soon.

Now there are two ladies on social media who claim JD is their missing sister and she was identified today.
They say she was groomed by a much older guy and left with him (they believe she may have been kidnapped by him) and did not show up to work to pick up her paycheck. She was not Hispanic but Caucasian.

I dont know how much truth is to it but both ladies fit the age range (born in the 50's) and why should they be lying? Same happened with Princess Blue, her family came forward on social media long before LE officially released her identification.
Let's pray it is true and this gorgeous young woman finds her way back home soon.

We will have an announcement soon but out of respect for law enforcement and the family, please refrain from posting more details. We will update ASAP.

That is why I kept it vage on purpose :)

No worries!

Thank you for all your help in that case.
It might be best to remove this post - you did a great job at keeping your post vague, however I had no trouble finding it after seeing your post. By virtue of our shared interest in this topic, we're all fairly skilled sleuthers and I don't want the family to be on the receiving end of any undeserved hateful comments.

Thank you for more incredible work @othram

I know this community here is really responsible and sensitive with anything personal. I dont know how to alter it, also it has been quoted.
Concerning the family, i think they are now made aware of what may happen and can decide whether they want to keep it public or not.

It might be best to remove this post - you did a great job at keeping your post vague, however I had no trouble finding it after seeing your post. By virtue of our shared interest in this topic, we're all fairly skilled sleuthers and I don't want the family to be on the receiving end of any undeserved hateful comments.

Thank you for more incredible work @othram

Actually this has been quiet and respectful on social media so far... which is a good thing. It is surprising, I expected hell breaking loose on the family 5 seconds after their note.
Very excited for the official statement. And so so so thrilled it is a really old cold case being solved.

I'm so glad we may finally have a resolution in this case. This has been one of my pet cases.

It may be one of the oldest cases to be solved in this way (if indeed it was solved with forensic genealogy). That sets a good precedent for other old cold cases. Half the battle with cases this old, though, is locating remains. A lot of police forces didn't write down where they buried a doe, or they did but lost the paperwork sometime over the last several decades. I hope someday that Does will be a thing of the past. Some will never be identified (lost remains, cremated) but every new Doe found could be identified this way, and never again will a family go decades wondering what became of their loved one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back