Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously doubt that one actor is smarter than LE, State Bureau of Investigation, the FBI and thousands of online sleuths. Prisons are full of individuals with the same flawed high opinion of their intelligence.

Probably not. That being said, there's a lot that's been written about the home being listed for sale & speculation about his motive for listing it. Barry has to know that everything he does is being watched & commented upon.

Yup. I’m sure Barry is sending it to everyone he knows.

I guarantee you this though, as angry and aggressive as that cougar was, it couldn’t have thrown a bike and left no trace of her presence if she did decide to attack.

But yeah, that was a scary encounter for sure.

Your 1st line.... nearly soaked my tablet with my mouthful of water! Thank you!!!!

One question.
Did BM make money for this interview?
In the past, I have learned if you offer up pics you get paid.
MOO.
I think that’s highly unlikely. I haven’t heard of a local news station doing anything like that.

When photos are sold, that tends to involve large publications and networks.

Organizations with deep pockets.

I think Barry had a story to sell, but not in the literal sense. The photos and letters served his narrative, and he would have been more than happy to provide them.

Probably not. That being said, there's a lot that's been written about the home being listed for sale & speculation about his motive for listing it. Barry has to know that everything he does is being watched & commented upon.

I have to wonder if he has any idea just how many people (hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands?) are watching his every move, and talking about him, and posting, and podcasting and YT broadcasting, and literally taking apart with a fine tooth comb absolutely every word, every head nod, handwriting, his clothing choice, truck choice, recent condo rental & hanging out at the pizza place back in IN after a purchase at the local country store. I mean, with social media being what it is, he's living in a fishbowl now.

Or, if he knows and doesn't even care?

I think that’s highly unlikely. I haven’t heard of a local news station doing anything like that.

When photos are sold, that tends to involve large publications and networks.

Organizations with deep pockets.

I think Barry had a story to sell, but not in the literal sense. The photos and letters served his narrative, and he would have been more than happy to provide them.
Got it. So DM was just re-publishing his interview?

...it really would depend on the circumstances, and im sorry to give the most lawyerly anwser ever which is maybe/it depends
The lawyerly answer is the only one I understand, and fortunately, the only one I need!

For those who want to learn more, the Colorado Pattern Jury Instructions have good information about the specifics of the claims and defenses allowed in the state. Defamation is Chapter 22.

I suspect the decision to pursue a defamation claim, as distinct from threatening to sue, comes down to an assessment of costs, risks, and benefits. I know a lawyer who is fond of saying, "Litigation is an expensive form of psychotherapy for some people!" as he pockets his paycheck.

Many people who win their claims end up feeling like they lost, after all the time, energy, and unrecoverable costs.

For people who are the focus of a criminal investigation, there is an additional consideration: they might have to provide their defamation defendant information they wouldn't have to give LE. And it might be the final piece of the puzzle.

RBBM

THIS^^^^

From Day 1, there has been an astounding lack of information disseminated to the public about SM's physical appearance.

Which is why databases such as NAMUS aren't as helpful as they should be!

JMVHO.
Something was found on day one that led LE to believe SM was deceased right off the bat. There would be no need for a description to search. We won't know until the murderer is arrested what it was that caused LE to make the decision that her physical description wasn't valid. By not releasing that or discussing it LE made a pretty bold statement of their beliefs, all my opinion.

I'm curious. I heard of something called the Hyper-Cam, a sensor that analyzes infrared light waves to detect recently disturbed earth. Did LE or AM use such a device in their searches? How effective is it? Could it rule out burial by Bobcat in this case? Or in the alternative, find SM even now?

One more thought, as the news slows down. How satisfied are LE/AM that SM is not in the water, either the reservoir or the river? Corpses have a way of getting loose and coming to the surface eventually - are we beyond the point where experts would expect that to happen?

Can we narrow the possible places SM could be hidden?

The cooler thing is not a big issue IMO The Daughters were on a camping trip = coolers needed. We do not know upon their return if that had taken coolers and if those coolers were returned at some point , assuming they were not returned to Puma Path since it was under a week+ search warrant. Respectfully I can see your point of view.

But iirc the missing coolers came up after the daughters returned.

Oh, just one more! Have any concerns surfaced from LE that the ground penetrating radar used in the Salida worksite search (and other searches?) was less effective than optimal in that soil? Could SM still be there?

I'm curious. I heard of something called the Hyper-Cam, a sensor that analyzes infrared light waves to detect recently disturbed earth. Did LE or AM use such a device in their searches? How effective is it? Could it rule out burial by Bobcat in this case? Or in the alternative, find SM even now?
I think you would first need to have some idea where to search before you determine what is needed for equipment. She could be north, south, east or west sad to say.

IMO not involving the adult child in a guardianship would prevent that adult child from knowing what was going on - that adult child could object, refuse to sign the waiver of notice and then the Court and the proposed guardian would have to serve the adult child with every petition. In my state, we would call that an adversarial action and then we treat it as we would any regular civil lawsuit and the rules of civil procedure are invoked. In this case, I think he did not want her to know what he planned to do IMO.
TY! I think this is exactly why he wanted to push Suzanne's dad into that position but in the end he cared not about putting his daughter in that position and got what he wanted when he wanted it. For a minute.
I have a hard time remembering I won't always be privy to the kind of karma these types of humans will eventually face.

But iirc the missing coolers came up after the daughters returned.
Agreed.
LE would have known what was taken on the camping trip, who was along for it besides the daughters, and an accounting for what was missing -- if anything --in the home.
Imo

Something was found on day one that led LE to believe SM was deceased right off the bat. There would be no need for a description to search. We won't know until the murderer is arrested what it was that caused LE to make the decision that her physical description wasn't valid. By not releasing that or discussing it LE made a pretty bold statement of their beliefs, all my opinion.
bbm
All of this, esp. the bolded ! ^^^

Heartbreakingly, it appears as though she adored him. She always has her arms around him in such a sweet, loving way. Can't say the same about him in any of the pics I've seen.
Eh, I hate pics my husband loves them. It is evident in 90% of our pics together. I can’t take much stock in this. His non actions on the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member