Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
BM is going to need court issued authorization or a death certificate to sign the PSA (Purchase and Sale Agreement) and the deed to convey title. The title company won't issue a commitment of title insurance to a buyer or lender or close the sale without it.

MOO
Title insurance is only needed if a mortgage is taken out on the property; if there's a cash buyer, then that hurdle doesn't exist, though there might be other hurdles to overcome.

IMO

I may have mentioned this before but..
My neighbor and his wife were trying for a 3rd child, his wife once again found out she was not pregnant, that same day the husband was not feeling well and went to a minute clinic here. They told him to go directly to Er.
Turns out he had lymphoma.
They began treatment immediately (13 rounds of chemotherapy) etc.
6-8 months later - remission.
She tells him she wants a divorce. She said she fully expected him to die.
Totally blindsided him.

At least she didn't kill him...so there's that. As horrible as it is.

IMO

True and I agree.

What I'm torn over is premeditation. Andy stated Barry arranged for the girls to go on the trip because they were housebound due to CV19 (paraphrasing). I can't ignore the obvious possibility he arranged for them to be gone so he could disappear Suzanne.

How may of you think this was planned vs. unplanned?
bbm
So BM did plan this.
Sorry I'm way behind due to RL.
Iirc, it was discussed before, but AM confirmed it.

OMG Barry, what have you done ?
Imo.

Last edited:
The first thought that comes to mind:

"Which one of them are not like the others"

I would like to point out: there's a significant, underlying difference between display of true joy and a polite smile.

Husband of Suzanne Morphew' says cops are blaming him for disappearance because they botched probe | Daily Mail Online

32365198-8662333-image-m-4_1598367052946.jpg

32365228-8662333-image-a-5_1598367162254.jpg

I may have mentioned this before but..
My neighbor and his wife were trying for a 3rd child, his wife once again found out she was not pregnant, that same day the husband was not feeling well and went to a minute clinic here. They told him to go directly to Er.
Turns out he had lymphoma.
They began treatment immediately (13 rounds of chemotherapy) etc.
6-8 months later - remission.
She tells him she wants a divorce. She said she fully expected him to die.
Totally blindsided him.
That poor man. :(
Good lord how can people be so cold ?

I know several “successful businessmen” (corporate execs, in this case) pulling down high six-figure incomes who live paycheck to paycheck. Perhaps BM was a successful businessman. The alpha-types often are, by virtue of confidence, intimidation, and force of will, if nothing else. But his taste for the finer things — or something — could still leave him in a precarious financial situation no matter how much bacon he brought home. If one lives beyond one’s means, eventually a bill will come due that can’t be paid.

The higher one climbs, the further one falls. And the more likely one might be to do something extreme to avoid that fall. I see a bill coming due in this case. A big one. Sooner rather than later, I hope.

MOO.
Usually, those house of cards, begin with massive debts, mortgages with little equity investment, and so on.
People with this kind of financial scheming/ planning, typically do not pay 1.5m cash on their homes. JMVHO

Title insurance is only needed if a mortgage is taken out on the property; if there's a cash buyer, then that hurdle doesn't exist, though there might be other hurdles to overcome.

IMO
We do two types of title policy insurance in my state - one is the owner's policy and the other is the lenders' policy so I can't agree with what you are saying but I don't know what state that applies to. For example, we are suing a title company because the house was built over an easement that the title company missed in the title commitment requirements and the policy was issued to the cash purchasing buyer - this policy will cover the litigation to either get a new easement or move the house. It's to cover the owner and cash does not matter - at least in my state.
JMO

bbm
True and I agree.

What I'm torn over is premeditation. Andy stated Barry arranged for the girls to go on the trip because they were housebound due to CV19 (paraphrasing). I can't ignore the obvious possibility he arranged for them to be gone so he could disappear Suzanne.

We might safely assume SM also was 'housebound' due to COVID-19. The daughters are young adult and teen ages; was the camp 'young folks only'? Maybe. Maybe not.

Maybe the camp attendance arrangement was as an innocent gesture by the certain someone to enable the girls to enjoy a time away ... but maybe SM had something to say to the certain someone regarding the timing (MD) and maybe was not onboard with an assumed or stated motive (DW and DH snuggle time alone)? MD is for mother-children time, not necessarily DW-DH time.

This might explain the seemingly chaotic actions to cover tracks?

The first thought that comes to mind:

"Which one of them are not like the others"

I would like to point out: there's a significant, underlying difference between display of true joy and a polite smile.

Husband of Suzanne Morphew' says cops are blaming him for disappearance because they botched probe | Daily Mail Online

32365198-8662333-image-m-4_1598367052946.jpg

32365228-8662333-image-a-5_1598367162254.jpg

Well... one could say the 1st pic with SM & the girls, perhaps they are all smiling big for BM taking the pic. The second pic, they are both looking ahead. I think it's sometimes hard to know for sure looking at pics. You could also be spot on.

If you looked at pics of me and my husband, and it's a running joke, he always has the expression of a angry Army MSG and I'm smiling big or attempting a sexy look. lol

Sorry, but I have become very leery of anything AM says, in other words, he is unreliable, just as NG and DM.

LE has been tight lipped for 4 months, and yet AM gets a constant stream of info, wouldn’t LE be afraid he would put case in jeopardy?
He has not had the total involvement in his sister’s life since the move to CO. IMO Now he seems to be spokesperson, yet he points finger at BM again and again.
These are my observations, based on interviews, etc. simply giving my reasons to question his reliability. I have been trying to refine my evidence list, and BM planning camping trip should be taken w/ a salt block, MOO
He’s the spokesman for his murdered sister, not for the man he believes killed her.

Some of the information he is sharing is second or third hand. That should be taken with a grain of salt.

What I do not doubt for a second though, is that he was told by CBI that Barry refused a polygraph, and his truck data does not align with what he told LE.

On the one hand, we have a husband who has repeatedly demonstrated through his words and actions, that he doesn’t give a damn about his missing wife.

On the other, we have a man willing to move mountains to find his sister.

If both of them say competing things, I’m going with Andy.

BM is going to need court issued authorization or a death certificate to sign the PSA (Purchase and Sale Agreement) and the deed to convey title. The title company won't issue a commitment of title insurance to a buyer or lender or close the sale without it.

MOO
I have to wonder if BM has attempted to have Suzanne declared deceased yet ?
And if --and when-- he does ; will this be public knowledge, or will BM attempt to do this secretly ?
Not only concealing this request from the public, but from the Moorman family as well ?
As in, they won't find out until notified by someone , as what happened when BM seized the assets in Suzanne's name only-- via the 'guardianship' signed over by the oldest daughter ?
Imo.

True and I agree.

Planned

I believe he did something to Suzanne knowing and intending it would cause her death

I believe the haphazard aftermath, was the result of BM having a skewed sense of how his actions would look to others

My thoughts at this time

I have to wonder if BM has attempted to have Suzanne declared deceased yet ?
And if --and when-- he does ; will this be public knowledge, or will BM attempt to do this secretly ?
Not only concealing this request from the public, but from the Moorman family as well ?
As in, they won't find out until notified by someone , as what happened when BM seized the assets in Suzanne's name only-- via the 'guardianship' signed over by the oldest daughter ?
Imo.
That could come back to bite him, as that could be the thing that would allow prosecutors to charge murder perhaps? MOO. Could at least take some steam away from the "shes missing" or "held captive" defense.

He’s the spokesman for his murdered sister, not for the man he believes killed her.

Some of the information he is sharing is second or third hand. That should be taken with a grain of salt.

What I do not doubt for a second though, is that he was told by CBI that Barry refused a polygraph, and his truck data does not align with what he told LE.

On the one hand, we have a husband who has repeatedly demonstrated through his words and actions, that he doesn’t give a damn about his missing wife.

On the other, we have a man willing to move mountains to find his sister.

If both of them say competing things, I’m going with Andy.
I totally agree with your post. BM acts like a guilty man. AM acts like a man who cares about his sister. Actions speak louder than words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member